Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgjava View Post
    See http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/vie...tart=30#p16659. It appears that USB cameras only work with the latest factory ROM, so I would assume that once the kernel is based on that it will work on the RK3188 in Linux or Android ROMs. They will not work on the original stock ROM (at least the MK802IV Pre-July model). On the MK808 I can easily get 640x480 @ 30 FPS with a cheap $6 USB webcam, no problem.
    Hi and many thanks for all of the info.

I am using a Reco MK 809III and as I am running Picuntu on it I am unsure of the rom version.

I'm pretty new to this micro pc's so I am a little unsure flashing a new rom. Can someone point me to a link that gives approx. step by step details on how to do that. Some of the posts I have read talk about replacing the kernel.img but that's part of Linux.. not the rom itself

I only need 320 x 240 image data so the load on the SB will be less. There is also the possibility of using one of the HD webcam that does JPEG compression on te camera side.

Again any thanks for your input
    Dave
    Last edited by marcwolf; 11-30-2013, 04:42.

Comment

Originally posted by marcwolf View Post
      Hi and many thanks for all of the info.

I am using a Reco MK 809III and as I am running Picuntu on it I am unsure of the rom version.

I'm pretty new to this micro pc's so I am a little unsure flashing a new rom. Can someone point me to a link that gives approx. step by step details on how to do that. Some of the posts I have read talk about replacing the kernel.img but that's part of Linux.. not the rom itself

I only need 320 x 240 image data so the load on the SB will be less. There is also the possibility of using one of the HD webcam that does JPEG compression on te camera side.

Again any thanks for your input
      Dave
      Using gstreamer you will get pretty good performance by letting the camera do the JPEG compression. 1280x720 @ 10 FPS will use about 25-30% of a dual core. This is doing motion detection as well, so you should actually get a little better performance depending on the application. 1280x1024 @ 5 FPS with no compression uses about 45% of a dual core.

Comment

I just had a catastrophic crash earlier. I flashed PicUntu on to Rikomagic Mk802IV no problem and worked fine for a week. but I was compiling a new version of BOINC then I did a reboot, after that the device won't start at all. I had to reflash back to PicUntu 4.5 from the beginning. I am not sure what happened, may be a NAND flash write error or something.

Comment

multiboot mk908II

Hello!

I'm thinking, is there any multiboot, so you can both have picuntu and original rom / finnless. Would be nice to be able to test both. I have mk908II.

By the way, there are some Swedish users who test video service magine.com via picuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
            (I don't yet know how to configure the flashtool, once I do, step 7 can be eliminated - if some kind soul can share with me - I will be obliged)
            For YOU config.zip
            i'm install on my tablet PC - i dont see on screen, work only backlight. How Fix it?
            PIPO m8pro RK3188
            Last edited by SergioPoverony; 12-02-2013, 04:32.

Comment

So stuck...

Thank you for this awesome installer!

But I am seriously stuck and was hoping someone might be able to help. Yes i have searched the forums, yes i have read this whole thread and other threads.

I followed the instructions exactly and installed this onto my brand new MK802 IV. The flashing goes fine, and then it begins to boot. But then the boot gets stuck at:
              Init: failed to spawn hostname main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
              Init: failed to spawn plymoth main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
              Init: failed to spawn hwclock main process: unable to execute: Exec format error
              Init: failed to spawn mountall main process: unable to execute: Exec format error

And then it hangs. forever. I know it says to wait in the tutorial, so i waited 5 hours. Then i rebooted, and waiting again another 5 hours, stuck at same spot.

I tried flashing again, and again stuck at exact same spot. Is it possible i am doing something wrong? please help!

Thank you!

Comment

finaly work on mk908

After some time and many attempts finally picuntu works on mk908. some problems with flash player but can expect will solve this problem. Thank you all for contributing to this issue and hope to resolve

Comment

Originally posted by rolandoq View Post
                  Disregard my last post as it works now. Instead of using the crappy windows 1.37 rkflash, I used rkflashtool on linux and it booted! Hooray!
                  Oh man, you figured it out!? we had the exact same problem! I am still stuck i can't figure out what hex to use for offset and for size when writing the system.img ....

When i dump parm.bin i get this:

CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

Where for system it just says '-' what do i use for that?

Alok, do you know?

Edit: figured it out. - means the rest of the space basically, so you take the total size of system.img divide by 512 and convert to hex. done.
                  Last edited by crendore; 12-03-2013, 00:21. Reason: figured it out

Comment

Originally posted by Demontager View Post
                    Can we also use kernel which allows 1.8 Ghz freq., is it exists actually ?
                    I would really like to know the answer to this question as well!

Comment

I think I just hard bricked my UG007.

Device isn't anymore detected in Windows after flashing. Not booting into android or Picuntu. Not detected as an usb device. Even not visible in Device Manager.

Tried different usb-ports and different cables. No luck.

Anyone any advice/suggestions?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI: I have successfully install PicUntu on to IPPLI Mars I2C with working wifi.

The first time I flash it, the wifi didn't work for some reason. So I reflash android, check dmesg and compare it with RK802IV's PicUntu dmesg which shows me it uses the same wifi chipsets.
                        Flash the IPPLI again the 2nd time and the wifi works!!!

Ofc the internal camera doesn't work, it is not officially supported anyway.

One problem I have with my IPPLI running PicUntu is that the monitor (IIyama Prolite E2407HDSD) keep blanking on and off. I solved the problem by connecting a cheap 3 port HDMI switch, could be some HDMI timing problem with this one.

Comment

just installed the picuntu 4.5 on mmy all new mk908

Hello guys, i am Patrick from France.
                          I have just installed the picuntu 4.5 on mmy all new mk908 tronsmart from geekbuying.
                          And unfortunatelly et doesn't want to boot.
                          I tried to go back to the stock ROM and #%&<:gtrr#€( he doesn't want to boot , looping on tronsmart logo ans looks like trying to adapt the résolution to the screen.
                          I am a little bit lost.

Comment

Patrick I have reflash, back and forth between PicUntu and Android on my IPPLI I2C and Mk802IV without problem. Did you test the stick when it arrive that is actually work with the default Android? Also make sure you are not using a USB hub when flashing, it is best to use a direct USB connection to your PC.

Comment

The mk908 works fine under Android when i received it. I flashed directly on a notebook USB3 port. I have tried on USB2 and didn't succeed to make him recogized by the flash utility.

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by patdut View Post
                                The mk908 works fine under Android when i received it. I flashed directly on a notebook USB3 port. I have tried on USB2 and didn't succeed to make him recogized by the flash utility.
                                There are multiple reports with usb3 failing. Usb2 is key.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X