Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For mk908 v5 you can try this steps.
    1. Download Xubuntu image with ROM Flash tool https://docviewer.yandex.com/?url=ya...04-core-vmk.7z

2. Download Kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kc...it?usp=sharing
    or you can use kernel from Finless ROM 1.7a

3. Download Picuntu "System" image from first post. But i can't get to work with version much stability.
    I've used system image of ubuntu 12 from this post http://www.gizfun.com/content/instal...ksmk908mk802iv
    4. Run Rom Flash tool from step 1.
    5. Put you device in flash mode, change path of "kernel" and "system" images according to steps 2 and 3, then flash you device.

6. Reboot. Note: if you have flashed this kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kc...it?usp=sharing you will see no output until boot process finished!

After all, probably you will need to resize system partition with commands
    Code:
    resize2fs -p /dev/mtdblock2
        mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock2

Comment

Can someone explain whats different between the kernels for SD and NAND?
      Is it only the CMDline stuff that needs to be changed? I cant seem to get my mk908 kernel to compile and boot...

gmtii's kernel fors fine for me... but its useless if I cant get mine to compile and boot lol
      I need 1080p!
      Buy me a beer with
      DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
      or
      BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Originally posted by flacdo View Post
        Hello.
        Minix X7 :
        Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
        Many thanks.

I did a search of the thread, but will Minix X7 work with this? From what I gather from other threads, wireless is not working. I read somewhere where hardware acceleration for XBMC is not working either but they are old posts.

Are those issues still outstanding or are they working now?

Comment

Mk908V3 NAND w/ kernel source

MK908 NAND instructions moved to:
          Last edited by tyeo098; 01-17-2014, 16:29.
          Buy me a beer with
          or

Comment

How to enable networking on paranoid kernels

Hi everyone,

I installed PicUntu on my MK908v3 using the downloads and instructions provided in post #78. Everything works fine and I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who made this possible. Eventually, I ran into the restrictions which are imposed by the "paranoid networking" which is compiled into this kernel. However, there is an easy way to solve this problem. If you want to give user "picuntu" access to the network you have to add the following lines to /etc/group:

Code:
            netbtadmin:x:3001:picuntu
            netbt:x:3002:picuntu
            inet:x:3003:picuntu
            netraw:x:3004:picuntu
            netadmin:3005:picuntu
            Simply add additional users to these groups and they can access the network. For wireless access add the user to the group "netdev"

Comment

Originally posted by horstheinz View Post
              Hi everyone, I installed PicUntu on my MK908v3 using the downloads and instructions provided in post #78. Everything works fine and I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who made this possible. Eventually, I ran into the restrictions which are imposed by the "paranoid networking" which is compiled into this kernel. However, there is an easy way to solve this problem. If you want to give user "picuntu" access to the network you have to add the following lines to /etc/group:
              Code:
              netbtadmin:x:3001:picuntu netbt:x:3002:picuntu inet:x:3003:picuntu netraw:x:3004:picuntu netadmin:3005:picuntu
              Simply add additional users to these groups and they can access the network. For wireless access add the user to the group "netdev"
              That works too, but its easier to fix the problem than bandaid over it See my post LITERALLY right above yours. Its an mk908V3 kernel with paranoid wifi disabled.
              Buy me a beer with
              or

Comment

Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
                That works too, but its easier to fix the problem than bandaid over it See my post LITERALLY right above yours. Its an mk908V3 kernel with paranoid wifi disabled.
                Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much.
                The only thing remaining is overclocking this baby to 1.6ghz. Then everything is perfect.

Comment

Picuntu on mk908

Hi all
                  i have try to install picuntu on my MK908 v3(from china no idea if is the real one) and works good but without wifi. i have try 2 diferent usb wifi dongles but nothing. so i like to ask if someone have full rom pack with working wifi becose i have read many times about kernels and i have no idea what this is. i have flush the finless 1.7a and this the only android rom that works with my device. is there any easy way to have finless 1.7a in nand and picuntu or any other linux in sd card and be to duall boot?
                  sorry for my bad english
                  thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by kotsos75 View Post
                    Hi all
                    i have try to install picuntu on my MK908 v3(from china no idea if is the real one) and works good but without wifi. i have try 2 diferent usb wifi dongles but nothing. so i like to ask if someone have full rom pack with working wifi becose i have read many times about kernels and i have no idea what this is. i have flush the finless 1.7a and this the only android rom that works with my device. is there any easy way to have finless 1.7a in nand and picuntu or any other linux in sd card and be to duall boot?
                    sorry for my bad english
                    thanks in advance
                    Yes, you will need to flash a recovery kernel (check out mine on github) for MK908V3 and put a rootfs on an SD card with label 'linuxroot'

Or follow my direction 3 posts above for NAND install to get rid of android.
                    Buy me a beer with
                    or

Comment

Yes, you will need to flash a recovery kernel (check out mine on github) for MK908V3 and put a rootfs on an SD card with label 'linuxroot'

Or follow my direction 3 posts above for NAND install to get rid of android.
                      Hi
                      thanks you for the reply. i have yesterday try one more time with picuntu 4.5 i have done this time what the post #78 says and now i have internet too (not for all programs but firefox works when i run it as root) but the graphics is bad. is it posible to work graphiks good or this is not posible yet?
                      every time i have try to flash only the recovery kernel my mk908 not boot.when i try to erese nand this stops very quickly in 2sec. and give me mesage (O.K.) but i think this is not eresed is this very important to erese nand? or i am ok becose my mk908 works with picuntu right now
                      i forget to tell you that i have flash the divice with the first (#1 post) full image. is this corect or i have to flash any newer?
                      Last edited by kotsos75; 01-18-2014, 09:12.

Comment

Originally posted by kotsos75 View Post
                        Hi
                        thanks you for the reply. i have yesterday try one more time with picuntu 4.5 i have done this time what the post #78 says and now i have internet too (not for all programs but firefox works when i run it as root) but the graphics is bad. is it posible to work graphiks good or this is not posible yet?
                        every time i have try to flash only the recovery kernel my mk908 not boot.when i try to erese nand this stops very quickly in 2sec. and give me mesage (O.K.) but i think this is not eresed is this very important to erese nand? or i am ok becose my mk908 works with picuntu right now
                        i forget to tell you that i have flash the divice with the first (#1 post) full image. is this corect or i have to flash any newer?
                        Follow link in post 274. Follow those instructions for 1080P kernel and working wifi for all programs
                        Buy me a beer with
                        or

Comment

Follow link in post 274. Follow those instructions for 1080P kernel and working wifi for all programs
                          ok i have done all steps but i dont know how to do the last one:
                          (But I love you guys. So here is the kernel source (and precompiled image) on my github, with paranoid wifi and other flag disabled. So you can fork and modify to your hearts content.
                          Contribute to tyeo098/MK908-Kernel-NAND development by creating an account on GitHub.

ust run maker.sh which compiles and assembles the kernel source into something usable.)

i am going to this link and i don't understand how to do that. is any step by step guide? it looks very difficult to me
                          anyway i am very excited looking this mini pc working like real desktop
                          thanks

Comment

hi
                            ok now i have done everything and the graphics looking real good but now i have no internet the command (sudo insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko.3.0.72+) says error could not load module.... no such file or directory
                            what i have done wrong this time?
                            i will start one more time everything from the begining i thing there was some errors when i have run the ./maker.sh this time i will try to make it correct

root@g8picuntu:/home/picuntu/Downloads/MK908-Kernel-NAND-master# make mrproper
                            CLEAN .
                            CLEAN arch/arm/kernel
                            Building with KERNELRELEASE = 3.0.72+
                            CLEAN drivers/video/logo
                            CLEAN arch/arm/boot/compressed
                            CLEAN include/config include/generated
                            CLEAN include/linux/version.h Module.symvers
                            root@g8picuntu:/home/picuntu/Downloads/MK908-Kernel-NAND-master# ./maker.sh
                            HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
                            HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
                            SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
                            SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
                            SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
                            HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
                            HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
                            scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
                            CHK include/linux/version.h
                            UPD include/linux/version.h
                            CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
                            UPD include/generated/utsrelease.h
                            CC scripts/mod/empty.o
                            HOSTCC scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
                            Generating include/generated/mach-types.h
                            HOSTCC scripts/kallsyms
                            MKELF scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
                            HOSTCC scripts/mod/file2alias.o
                            HOSTCC scripts/pnmtologo
                            scripts/pnmtologo.c: In function 'write_footer':
                            scripts/pnmtologo.c:281:3: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat]
                            scripts/pnmtologo.c:282:3: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat]
                            HOSTCC scripts/bmptologo
                            scripts/bmptologo.c: In function 'write_footer':
                            scripts/bmptologo.c:247:3: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat]
                            HOSTCC scripts/mod/modpost.o
                            HOSTCC scripts/mod/sumversion.o
                            CC kernel/bounds.s
                            GEN include/generated/bounds.h
                            CC arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
                            GEN include/generated/asm-offsets.h
                            CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
                            HOSTCC scripts/conmakehash
                            HOSTCC scripts/bin2c
                            HOSTLD scripts/mod/modpost
                            CC init/main.o
                            CHK include/generated/compile.h
                            HOSTCC usr/gen_init_cpio
                            CC arch/arm/vfp/vfpmodule.o
                            UPD include/generated/compile.h
                            AS arch/arm/vfp/entry.o
                            CC init/do_mounts.o
                            AS arch/arm/vfp/vfphw.o
                            CC arch/arm/vfp/vfpsingle.o
                            GEN usr/initramfs_data.cpio
                            AS usr/initramfs_data.o
                            LD usr/built-in.o
                            /bin/sh: 1: arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld: not found
                            make[1]: *** [usr/built-in.o] Error 127
                            make: *** [usr] Error 2
                            make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
                            CC arch/arm/vfp/vfpdouble.o
                            CC init/do_mounts_initrd.o
                            CC init/initramfs.o
                            CC init/calibrate.o
                            CC init/version.o
                            LD init/mounts.o
                            make[1]: *** [init/mounts.o] Error 127
                            make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
                            make: *** [init] Error 2
                            LD arch/arm/vfp/vfp.o
                            make[1]: *** [arch/arm/vfp/vfp.o] Error 127
                            make: *** [arch/arm/vfp] Error 2
                            ./maker.sh: line 5: tyeo/mkbootimg: cannot execute binary file
                            root@g8picuntu:/home/picuntu/Downloads/MK908-Kernel-NAND-master#
                            what i make wrong?
                            Last edited by kotsos75; 01-20-2014, 13:58.

Comment

Easy there buddy, don't jump in to compiling without the proper knowledge of such things!

The source is available because some people (like me) like to tinker with the internal workings to change it. I provided that source because the MK908 NAND source was not available.

In that source, I also included link to pre-compiled image for people who do not want to or do not know how to compile: https://github.com/tyeo098/MK908-Ker...ter/kernel.img

Try flashing that

As for your wifi problem, did you move the module to the module to the kernel/drivers/net folder in Step 9?
                              Buy me a beer with
                              or

Comment

Easy there buddy, don't jump in to compiling without the proper knowledge of such things!

The source is available because some people (like me) like to tinker with the internal workings to change it. I provided that source because the MK908 NAND source was not available.

In that source, I also included link to pre-compiled image for people who do not want to or do not know how to compile: https://github.com/tyeo098/MK908-Ker...ter/kernel.img

Try flashing that

As for your wifi problem, did you move the module to the module to the kernel/drivers/net folder in Step 9?
                                Hi
                                sorry for the long post before and yes i am very new in linux but i like it very much. i will try now to flash this one and we see about the wifi after that
                                thanks you very much

Comment

Working...
                                X