Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found it on http://nixtalk.net/kernel-rk3188 and flashed the kernel mk802iv_ap6210_cpu1800h_720p.img
    But wifi still not working.

Comment

Originally posted by winux View Post
      I've found it on http://nixtalk.net/kernel-rk3188 and flashed the kernel mk802iv_ap6210_cpu1800h_720p.img
      But wifi still not working.
      If the AP6210 driver is there you can try this command.

sudo insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
      RKM MK802 IV Stick (RK3188T 2G/8G)

Comment

Originally posted by zero_x12 View Post
        If the AP6210 driver is there you can try this command.

sudo insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
        thanks for your answer, i 've inserted the comand but the output was:
        error: could not insert module /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko: No such device
        I think it's necessary to compile kernel in order to "switch on" the wifi interface etc...
        But I don't know how to do this.

Comment

have a look at
          /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
          Code:
          ls -al /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
          maybe
          Code:
          sudo insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rkwifi.ko
          but I think you need something like AP6210.ko

PS:
          I'm not shure, but I think normally with
          Code:
          sudo depmod -a
          the correct driver (kernel-object), if exist, should load automatically
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Code:
            sudo insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rkwifi.ko
            comand output was:
            error: could not insert module /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rkwifi.ko No such device

Comment

Yes, of cause, because I think it isn't the correct kernel object...
              I think you have to build your own kernel (as descript at the source of your chosen kernel) and use the build ko too...

As you've seen at the HowTo from Demontager, sometimes you must change some GPIO.
              You can "catch" the information by GPIO module to check gpios in wifi and bt. Lets make the wifi and BT work in more devices.

After compiling the kernel, with
              Code:
              mkdir 01_out_mod_fw
              make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=01_out_mod_fw
              you should get at '01_out_mod_fw' all needing ko's
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

ok,I've tried to build custom kernel for picuntu following the instruction given from Demontager(http://nixtalk.net/kernel-rk3188), but at step 10 received :
                Selected build profile:
                Device : mk802iv_ap6210
                Options : cpu1608h 720p
                scripts/kconfig/conf --oldnoconfig Kconfig
                drivers/net/wireless/rtl8188eu/Kconfig:2:warning: choice value used outside its choice group
                #
                # configuration written to .config
                #
                and no folder output generated.(step 11 "../android/marvin/platform/picuntu3188/output")

Comment

How to install linux on MK812A (Doobol U2)

Hello Guys

I can not find a suitable linux version for my device, please somebody help me.
                  i tried many things but nothing happens.
                  please tell me, could anybody find a linux for MK812A?

thank guys

Comment

Does it Support Doobol U2 (MK812A)

Hello Guys

I can not find a suitable linux version for my device, please somebody help me.
                    i tried many things but nothing happens.
                    after installing picuntu, There is no screen!!! my device starts but nothing happens!!!
                    please tell me, could anybody find a linux for MK812A?

thank guys

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                    Team, Close on the heals of release of 4.4.3, we are happy to present PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI, A complete Linux distribution all images (yes kernel, system, boot et all) AND the installer. The zipped file and a few clicks, will be all it takes, to get your own PicUntu.

Link to the file is here
                    --- > PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI

PicUntu 4.5 Basic Installer kit
                    aims to make the installation, configuration and operations easy and convenient for end user to be able to use it, without worrying about the technology behind it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3466[/ATTACH] All this packed in less than 247 MB !! - that's PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit

What does it do?
                    One click (actually 4 ) install of PicUntu on Android stick. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3468[/ATTACH]

Who is it for?
                    • Home use, multimedia users - even with 720p video files, the average load on CPU does not go beyond 30-35%.
                    • Small servers, linux desktops, linux webservers (http://picuntu.g8.net is a web-server running on PicUntu 2.2 since Feb 2013)

• In addition to the home users for the multi-media PicUntu-4.5 is the first business device that works out-of-the box for business users as well.
                    • It is snappy, fast and robust.

What device is it for ?
                    Currently, this is optimized for MK802IV, but will work for many other 3188 devices (though I have yet to test them). Will be releasing kernels for other devices soon.

*** EDIT Oct 12th *** Important for MK802IV 16gb owners.

I found out that the Mk802IV 16 gb model used to fail every-time I was trying to flash it. This was observed by other folks too. Thanks to the awesome work by Milkboy, we now have a fix for it.

Very peculiarly the 16GB model fails to flash, if you are using the Rockchip 1.20 bootloader version, you have to use Rockchip 1.24 bootloader version.

You can find the Rockchip 1.24 bootloader here.

So, after you unzip the PicUntu 4.5 Nand zip file, make sure, you replace the included Rockchip bootloader 1.20 with the 1.24 version, and then flash.

*** Edit End ***

What does it have?
                    • It has PicUntu 4.5 - kernels, boot, system file, with basic GUI.
                    • It is based on Ubuntu 13.04, with xfce4.
                    • I have added support for more than 200+ drivers, it should be a breeze to connect peripherals to this. If not, let me know with a pointer to source and I will try to get the driver compiled.
                    • File system support - nfs, ntfs, cramfs, cifsutils, smb... - several remote controls, external usb ethernet, external usb wifi, vpn, pptp, vtun, Serial port - FTD, usb serial, UART, GPS-Garmin, sound card, touch screen... and many more (more than 200.)
                    • Built in RDP application - run it like a powerful and hybrid thin client - to run and access Windows/Linux/Other OS.
                    • Lot of tweaking has been done on the system level to make it responsive and blazing fast - Give it a spin, you would see the difference yourself.
                    • Sound/Video work off the first boot.
                    • Wlan0 should be pre-loaded, just click on the wicd-network to configure for your network.

*** WARNING ***
                    • This package deletes all data from the your device. Your ANDROID will be gone !!
                    • MOST manufacturers will void their warranty, if you flash un-authorized ROMs
                    • I have heard of people bricking their device permanently, though I have yet to witness this.
                    • So please be careful, you would be responsible for your own loss - or loads of fun.

*** WARNING ****

How do I install this?
                    1. Use Windows machine, Download picuntu-4.5-nand-complete.zip. Unzip at any location.
                    2. Click on rk_flash_1.37--> RKAndroidtool.exe
                    3. At this time you need to get the device in bootloader mode. Use a pin to press the button on the device (this is explained on the forums) or run reboot bootloader in android.
                    4. On your windows PC, when the application is launched, you should see at the bottom - "Device Found for Flashing"
                    5. ** If you get that message go ahead, if not go back to step 5 and 6 till you get the message "Device Found for Flashing" ***
                    6. Make sure that the following options are CHECKED
                      1. binloader
                      2. parameter
                      3. kernel
                      4. boot
                      5. system

7. Basically the following have to be UNCECKED (NOT SELECTED)
                      1. misc
                      2. recovery
                      3. backup
                      4. (I don't yet know how to configure the flashtool, once I do, step 7 can be eliminated - if some kind soul can share with me - I will be obliged)

8. First Erase NAND
                    9. Select Flash ROM

The device should now boot into a fresh new PicUntu. * IMPORTANT NOTE * - The first boot
                    • The first time, it boots, it will take a while to come up... lot of work goes on , filesystem is resized, wifi module is modprobed. and other minor optimization. It might even appear to have stalled, wait for it to come back. It will come back.
                    • If it does not boot into the GUI the first time - after having waited for about 3-5 minutes.
                    • Reboot the device. This time it should be faster.
                    • The login user is "picuntu" the password is "12qwaszx" (please change this password asap)

What does not work (yet)

- Hardware video acceleration
                    - Bluetooth.
                    - My Lenovo Touchscreen :-(

Some key people who deserve credit for this work
                    - mmm123 (for sharing his learning)
                    - leolas (always eager to help)
                    - linuxium (for the nand configuration file, partition schema, rkwifi.ko insertion.. and many more things...
                    - Galland - (for his nice work on framebuffers, video and basically everything hardware)
                    - Omegamoon and Astralix have been instrumental in getting the PicUntu going on the 3188 devices. Including the latest 3.0.72+ sources, which is available for use on his github.
                    - I used Finless ROMs parameter files and his postings to learn about the basics of boot.img
                    - I used rk3xxmodtools to zip/unzip create boot image files... (have a shell script file now) - Borrowed from several users on the forums - the small tips of things they have solved various issues - from time, to sound, to many other...
                    - Andrew Kirby, Perry Kivolowitz have been extra-ordinarily generous with their support by sponsoring development devices. Many devices were received.
                    - Several people have contributed for documenting
                    - many more who I may have missed above, but their work deserves accolades.

Source + .Config

The source used is from the original Linux3188 source code released - this is where it is
                    https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188
                    All kernels, I create have
                    /proc/config.gz enabled, just use any of the devices to use the same for your own kernels.
                    EDIT: This one does NOT have the /proc/gz - My bad, I have updated the config file on the github, you can get the same here. The next updated version will carry this.

Linux users
                    Can you use Linux to flash this into your stick. You can theoritically flash the images - boot, kernel, system at the respective places using Linux desktop. There are also some very awesome tools created by linuxerwang, galland that help you flash the files. However, for large file transfers, there is always a scope of errors to creep in. And hence, more often than not it fails. Perry was working on this, and he put in some checks at each write and read - but, I am not sure, if the final files have been working (specially for large files - system.img decompresses to 1.2Gb)

What happens, if I want my android back
                    Worry not, you can always switch back to andrioid, by flashing back the stock rom or the various - very nice android custom roms available across various forums. Ofcourse, you would have to let go of PicUntu. 7z I have never been a fan of the LZMA format, even though I knew they give a higher compression settings... Tar/gz was working great for me. BUT... seeing others use this format, I wondered if it would give enough reasons for the shift. And sure enough, it shaved off about 25% of the file size in compression. (another learning from the forums). WinRAR will be a good option to uncompress this.

What's Next
                    • Other devices to be supported - I am keen on R42, TronSmart T428, MK908, RADXA..
                    • Release a 'full' gui version, with complete processing world - gimp, libreoffice, media players, editors etc. Even now, you can manually do this by add the specific applications.
                    • Release a 'server' version to run headless. You can pretty much install any server even today (available from Ubuntu 13.04) repos. We will make it pre-loaded and pre-configured.
                    • More drivers.
                    • But most importantly, we would continue to make it more and more simple for the end user.

Alok

Comment

Alok you are awesome. I'd really like to test this: http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/14-sa...usty-14-04-lts

Have you tested it on an RK3188 device?

Cheers
                      Blog [FR]

Comment

Dobol U2 (812A)

Originally posted by dotvav View Post
                        Alok you are awesome. I'd really like to test this: http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/14-sa...usty-14-04-lts

Have you tested it on an RK3188 device?

Cheers

Thanks for your reply
                        i will check it and leave a message.
                        but iran is filtered again and i have to find a way to download it.

Comment

mk802IV picuntu working

Hi,
                          I've found finally a custom kernels that worked on my rk mk802IV; working wifi and NO blinking screen.
                          Here is the link :https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B83X...WEU/edit?pli=1
                          Many thanks to guy who has compiled and shared them .
                          However there is another problem, i think that there is no hardware acceleration, am i wrong?
                          I 've tried to open some video from youtube, and the video goes jerkily...
                          Unfortunately I'm not expert on linux and do not know how to compile kernels to give an helping hand...
                          Are there some tutorial that explain how to compile?
                          Thanks

Comment

However there is another problem, i think that there is no hardware acceleration, am i wrong?
                            I 've tried to open some video from youtube, and the video goes jerkily...

But for 3D you also need a fitting RFS (not only kernel)

Unfortunately I'm not expert on linux and do not know how to compile kernels to give an helping hand...
                            Are there some tutorial that explain how to compile?
                            At my sig also ther are some HowTo's links at post #11
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Help me !!!!! SOS

Originally posted by zzmakii View Post
                              I have tried your image on my device MK812A (CPU RK3188 + WiFi MTK5931).
                              It does not show any activity on screen.
                              My device uses LCDC0 as TV output in Android.
                              Perhaps your image is compiled for LCDC1 as TV output ?
                              If so, can you please recompile your image for LCDC0 as TV output ?

somebody help me please.
                              i have the same problem. my device is doobol u2 (mali400, 2GB Ram, 8GB nand: RK3188).
                              i did the same thing and can't see anything on the screen!!!!!!! what should i do?
                              it's quite a while i'm searching for a linux for this piece of shit and could not find anything!!!!!
                              there are a lot of linux version for MK802 IV but not MK812A!!!!!!!!!
                              does anybody have this gadget? i've bought it to use it for a portable linux but faced so many problems finding even a good android version!!!!
                              i deleted the factory installed android and couldn't find it anymore!!! even the main site have the previous version!!!
                              what should i do to see the screen?
                              i'm sure i did everything as ordered in (picuntu 4.5) because when i rewrite the android, the device works but not with picuntu!!
                              Last edited by mrttz82; 05-01-2014, 19:02.

Comment

IS it Still SD Card Needed?

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                                Team, Close on the heals of release of 4.4.3, we are happy to present PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI, A complete Linux distribution all images (yes kernel, system, boot et all) AND the installer. The zipped file and a few clicks, will be all it takes, to get your own PicUntu.

Link to the file is here
                                --- > PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI

PicUntu 4.5 Basic Installer kit
                                aims to make the installation, configuration and operations easy and convenient for end user to be able to use it, without worrying about the technology behind it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3466[/ATTACH] All this packed in less than 247 MB !! - that's PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit

What does it do?
                                One click (actually 4 ) install of PicUntu on Android stick. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3468[/ATTACH]

Who is it for?
                                • Home use, multimedia users - even with 720p video files, the average load on CPU does not go beyond 30-35%.
                                • Small servers, linux desktops, linux webservers (http://picuntu.g8.net is a web-server running on PicUntu 2.2 since Feb 2013)
                                • In addition to the home users for the multi-media PicUntu-4.5 is the first business device that works out-of-the box for business users as well.
                                • It is snappy, fast and robust.

What device is it for ?
                                Currently, this is optimized for MK802IV, but will work for many other 3188 devices (though I have yet to test them). Will be releasing kernels for other devices soon.

*** EDIT Oct 12th *** Important for MK802IV 16gb owners.

I found out that the Mk802IV 16 gb model used to fail every-time I was trying to flash it. This was observed by other folks too. Thanks to the awesome work by Milkboy, we now have a fix for it.

Very peculiarly the 16GB model fails to flash, if you are using the Rockchip 1.20 bootloader version, you have to use Rockchip 1.24 bootloader version.

You can find the Rockchip 1.24 bootloader here.

So, after you unzip the PicUntu 4.5 Nand zip file, make sure, you replace the included Rockchip bootloader 1.20 with the 1.24 version, and then flash.

*** Edit End ***

What does it have?
                                • It has PicUntu 4.5 - kernels, boot, system file, with basic GUI.
                                • It is based on Ubuntu 13.04, with xfce4.
                                • I have added support for more than 200+ drivers, it should be a breeze to connect peripherals to this. If not, let me know with a pointer to source and I will try to get the driver compiled.
                                • File system support - nfs, ntfs, cramfs, cifsutils, smb... - several remote controls, external usb ethernet, external usb wifi, vpn, pptp, vtun, Serial port - FTD, usb serial, UART, GPS-Garmin, sound card, touch screen... and many more (more than 200.)
                                • Built in RDP application - run it like a powerful and hybrid thin client - to run and access Windows/Linux/Other OS.
                                • Lot of tweaking has been done on the system level to make it responsive and blazing fast - Give it a spin, you would see the difference yourself.
                                • Sound/Video work off the first boot.
                                • Wlan0 should be pre-loaded, just click on the wicd-network to configure for your network.

*** WARNING ***
                                • This package deletes all data from the your device. Your ANDROID will be gone !!
                                • MOST manufacturers will void their warranty, if you flash un-authorized ROMs
                                • I have heard of people bricking their device permanently, though I have yet to witness this.
                                • So please be careful, you would be responsible for your own loss - or loads of fun.
                                *** WARNING ****

How do I install this?
                                1. Use Windows machine, Download picuntu-4.5-nand-complete.zip. Unzip at any location.
                                2. Click on rk_flash_1.37--> RKAndroidtool.exe
                                3. At this time you need to get the device in bootloader mode. Use a pin to press the button on the device (this is explained on the forums) or run reboot bootloader in android.
                                4. On your windows PC, when the application is launched, you should see at the bottom - "Device Found for Flashing"
                                5. ** If you get that message go ahead, if not go back to step 5 and 6 till you get the message "Device Found for Flashing" ***
                                6. Make sure that the following options are CHECKED
                                  1. binloader
                                  2. parameter
                                  3. kernel
                                  4. boot
                                  5. system
                                7. Basically the following have to be UNCECKED (NOT SELECTED)
                                  1. misc
                                  2. recovery
                                  3. backup
                                  4. (I don't yet know how to configure the flashtool, once I do, step 7 can be eliminated - if some kind soul can share with me - I will be obliged)
                                8. First Erase NAND
                                9. Select Flash ROM
                                The device should now boot into a fresh new PicUntu. * IMPORTANT NOTE * - The first boot
                                • The first time, it boots, it will take a while to come up... lot of work goes on , filesystem is resized, wifi module is modprobed. and other minor optimization. It might even appear to have stalled, wait for it to come back. It will come back.
                                • If it does not boot into the GUI the first time - after having waited for about 3-5 minutes.
                                • Reboot the device. This time it should be faster.
                                • The login user is "picuntu" the password is "12qwaszx" (please change this password asap)

What does not work (yet)

- Hardware video acceleration
                                - Bluetooth.
                                - My Lenovo Touchscreen :-(

Some key people who deserve credit for this work
                                - mmm123 (for sharing his learning)
                                - leolas (always eager to help)
                                - linuxium (for the nand configuration file, partition schema, rkwifi.ko insertion.. and many more things...
                                - Galland - (for his nice work on framebuffers, video and basically everything hardware)
                                - Omegamoon and Astralix have been instrumental in getting the PicUntu going on the 3188 devices. Including the latest 3.0.72+ sources, which is available for use on his github.
                                - I used Finless ROMs parameter files and his postings to learn about the basics of boot.img
                                - I used rk3xxmodtools to zip/unzip create boot image files... (have a shell script file now) - Borrowed from several users on the forums - the small tips of things they have solved various issues - from time, to sound, to many other...
                                - Andrew Kirby, Perry Kivolowitz have been extra-ordinarily generous with their support by sponsoring development devices. Many devices were received.
                                - Several people have contributed for documenting
                                - many more who I may have missed above, but their work deserves accolades.

Source + .Config

The source used is from the original Linux3188 source code released - this is where it is
                                https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188
                                All kernels, I create have
                                /proc/config.gz enabled, just use any of the devices to use the same for your own kernels.
                                EDIT: This one does NOT have the /proc/gz - My bad, I have updated the config file on the github, you can get the same here. The next updated version will carry this.

Linux users
                                Can you use Linux to flash this into your stick. You can theoritically flash the images - boot, kernel, system at the respective places using Linux desktop. There are also some very awesome tools created by linuxerwang, galland that help you flash the files. However, for large file transfers, there is always a scope of errors to creep in. And hence, more often than not it fails. Perry was working on this, and he put in some checks at each write and read - but, I am not sure, if the final files have been working (specially for large files - system.img decompresses to 1.2Gb)

What happens, if I want my android back
                                Worry not, you can always switch back to andrioid, by flashing back the stock rom or the various - very nice android custom roms available across various forums. Ofcourse, you would have to let go of PicUntu. 7z I have never been a fan of the LZMA format, even though I knew they give a higher compression settings... Tar/gz was working great for me. BUT... seeing others use this format, I wondered if it would give enough reasons for the shift. And sure enough, it shaved off about 25% of the file size in compression. (another learning from the forums). WinRAR will be a good option to uncompress this.

What's Next
                                • Other devices to be supported - I am keen on R42, TronSmart T428, MK908, RADXA..
                                • Release a 'full' gui version, with complete processing world - gimp, libreoffice, media players, editors etc. Even now, you can manually do this by add the specific applications.
                                • Release a 'server' version to run headless. You can pretty much install any server even today (available from Ubuntu 13.04) repos. We will make it pre-loaded and pre-configured.
                                • More drivers.
                                • But most importantly, we would continue to make it more and more simple for the end user.

Alok

i wanted to know do i still need a sd card to write files on it like 4.3 version or the whole process is those 4-Click?

Comment

Working...
                                X