Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't even boot on my MK908. The flash finishes and it just sits there. Mine's the v5, though so.
    1.8Ghz Celeron 1037u based OpenELEC HTPC - Sadly PWNS all Androids everywhere

"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Comment

Teamviewer ?

Hi guys, currently running android on my S400 (old wifi) and don't really use it that much so....
      I currently have teamviewer running on a pc and wondered if I could install it on this Linux build?

Or maybe you guys could recommend another VNC server I could install?

Kudos to the guys who created this build, I had no idea you could run Linux on these things!

Comment

OK so I installed it...

Install went smoothly enough but changed the kernel to get the wifi working as per the post #67
        On boot, I changed the password.... You need to explain how to do that as it's not intuitive for noobs like me
        However, the desktop goes beyond the screen boundaries so you can only just see the panels though?
        I have noticed a couple of other users had this issue but there was no response to their questions.

As a noob I do have one question though... I tried to install teamviewer but to no avail... how do you install anything on this OS? I tried the package manager but it didn't appear to do anything.

I would really appreciate some help on this one guys
        cheers

Comment

Just to let you know guys of this board:

radxa board (http://www.radxa.com)

It's a dev board coming with RK3188 (not the T model), wifi, 8gig nand, case for 99$ and it's running Linux and/or Android.

I've already requested mine but just to let you know that I won't spend any other minutes on this mk908 that's having all sort of issues running Linux.

Michel

Comment

^Nice. That's what the VIA 8750 should have been. Thanks for the link.
            1.8Ghz Celeron 1037u based OpenELEC HTPC - Sadly PWNS all Androids everywhere

"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Comment

Problems flashing another kernel

Hi all!

I have a PC-Box 3.0 with rk3188 (www.joy-it.net) from a german company. After some hassle, I got Picuntu 4.5 installed on the machine but without ethernet and wifi. I compiled a new kernel with (hopefully) the correct driver but I can not flash the kernel. I try to put the box into recovery mode again via the switch but it's not working anymore. It still always boots straight into Picuntu. Am I the only one who encountered this problem? Does somebody know a way to force the recovery mode? Can I boot into recovery mode from Picuntu?

Thanks for any input!

Jan

Comment

Have you tried waiting a few minutes?

I have that issue if I don't wait a minute or two with no power to the stick at all.
                Unplug everything and wait a few minutes before pushing the button and inserting the USB.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestions but it still boots right into Picuntu every time - no recovery mode

Comment

No worries, pity it didn't help
                    Sounds like you need to do the 'pin-short' trick that I remember seeing in the past.
                    Do a search on here to see if you can find it
                    Basically you need to short two pins on one of ICU's to reset it....
                    EDIT:
                    found this , it way work... worth a try if nobody else jumps in.
                    Last edited by l33boy; 01-30-2014, 10:52.

Comment

Always crash kernel!

Kernel log:
                      usb 2-1.2: usbfs: usb_submit_urb returned -121

Comment

Android kernels...

I read earlier in the thread that you can use Android Kernels with this... Is that true?

Comment

dual boot linux and android

I have friends jelly bean cx 919 devices installed 8 GB micro sd card installed dual boot linux and android how do I do that I want to run I would appreciate if you can help

Comment

Originally posted by l33boy View Post
                            I read earlier in the thread that you can use Android Kernels with this... Is that true?
                            I tried with finless kernel, it worked well, however due to android security system, wireless was difficult to set... only root could run web pages and stuff like that...

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by drynish View Post
                              I tried with finless kernel, it worked well, however due to android security system, wireless was difficult to set... only root could run web pages and stuff like that...

Michel
                              Thanks for that Michel, might give one of Sam's kernels a go then....

Comment

T-R42 support

Has anyone gotten Lan/WiFi working on T-R42 (v2.0) on Picuntu 4.5?

I've started a new thread at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...t-for-LAN-WiFi looking for help.

Please please please help!!

Comment

Working...
                                X