No announcement yet.

NEW - Prometheus Finless ROM 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ROM should work with the 4GB or 8GB models.

Cant help with airplay as I never used it.
    If it installs OK then it should work. But if you want to put it back like the stock ROM copy the APK into /system/app using ES File Explorer.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Bob and thanks. I read the readme file and verified that this rom is based on the 9-3-13 dated Tronsmart rom which has a win8 style gui. (Compuserve 1995 style?)

I would really want to stick with the stock Android desktop screen. Is this the launcher you mention in #9 or is that a taskbar launcher app?

This looks to be the best priced Android TV box, but I really don't want a win8 type gui. I want a stock Android gui. Thanks again.

Comment

Yes I added back the stock launcher to the ROM. On first boot you get a choice on which you want to use.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I am sure it is a missing codec. I am also sure the stock ROM would have done this?
          UNLESS HBO GO does not like a rooted ROM?

I am not sure I understand? Settings and then transition between APPs?
          If you can explain the exact steps to get to this green tint I am sure I can look into that.

Bob

Sorry for taking so long! I have been very busy!

I loaded the most recent stock rom on my other Prometheus and I verified with root checker that the stock rom is rooted. I installed HBO GO and it was successfull playing a video from its library, not sure what is going on...

For the green tint, if you just go to android settings the black background has a green tint to it and when you launch an app (for example ES Explorer) the balck screen that comes up before the app opens also has a green tint to it. The stock rom does the same thing, it could just be my TV for some reason but I really do not mind it at all...

Thank you Bob for looking into this, other than these two things I have no other problems, this rom is great!

Comment

Originally posted by jogr62 View Post
            Bob or anyone,

I bought a Prometheus from Geekbuying without a IR Remote and Geekbuying can't help me.

There is no entry in Harmony:s device database for either Tronsmart Prometheus or Any other Visson device. Does anyone know of a tv-box in the Logitech Harmony database that uses the same remote?

When talking to Logitech support they said that they needed the "discrete HEX-Codes" and then they could make a entry for me.
            I _think_ that if anyone has a original IR remote and a logitech Harmony that it's possible to record the codes and then somehow upload them to logitech support.

All help would be very appreciated!

/Johan
            I copied the remote.conf file in this thread onto my Prometheus (using ES File Explorer) then configured my Harmony as a Pivos Xios remote, works well:

Comment

Originally posted by iamwally View Post
              Hey Bob! Thanbks for another great ROM! Awesome work! Only thing is I really need airplay so I installed the airplay app but it does not seem to be working. Any ideas?

Thanks,

iamwally
              I bought AirTight from Google Play Store. It's only $0.99 and AirPlay works great!

Comment

i think ive killed my Prometheus, did what it said in the readme file,but all it does is boot into android recovery,(i.e. the little green guy is flat on his back with the ! icon on him! if i select reboot system now,it just takes me back to recovery again,i also tried the trick of shorting it but that doesn't work for me. but i have a feeling ive bricked it big time! just to give you some info,if i select update from ext it does say sd card,but doesnt read my sd card. any help out there? it feels like the first time ive started to flash roms! and ive been putting roms on android since the the ZTE racer! always learning i am! guess its back to my clone of the mk809ii ........update.....sorted it,find the latest firmware for the Prometheus,installed it and its back from from the dead. maybe i had a bad download with the finless rom,but its all working now expect for bloody Bluetooth! which of course didn`t work when i first got the device, but i understand its something to do with it being updated to 4.2? but it working now.
                Last edited by sam tyler; 10-29-2013, 22:25. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by rocurs View Post
                  I copied the remote.conf file in this thread onto my Prometheus (using ES File Explorer) then configured my Harmony as a Pivos Xios remote, works well:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3871
                  That did it.

Thank you so very much. It seems that the remote.conf incorporates all information the IR driver needs concerning protocol. You don't need to have a match with the kernel driver as I thought!

/Johan

Comment

How do you reboot or shutdown this device ? I'm always using the power switch to turn it off but i prefer a soft power down button. Is there any software for this or can i do it with a IR remote controller ?

Comment

Originally posted by seko92 View Post
                      How do you reboot or shutdown this device ? I'm always using the power switch to turn it off but i prefer a soft power down button. Is there any software for this or can i do it with a IR remote controller ?
                      If you are rooted download anreboot from the play store. It has shutdown function

Comment

Does this rom work for both versions of the prometheus? 4gb and 8gb?
                        Also does anyone know their difference except the size of the NAND Flash?

Comment

I already answered that about 10 posts up!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            I already answered that about 10 posts up!

Bob
                            Thanks i missed it. Any chance you support CS968? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                              Does this rom work for both versions of the prometheus? 4gb and 8gb?
                              Also does anyone know their difference except the size of the NAND Flash?
                              It's not working, the devices freezes.

Bob,

Is it possible to add a shutdown button on the bottom bar like you did for MK808 ?

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                                If you are rooted download anreboot from the play store. It has shutdown function
                                And then how to power it up after that? Am curious.
                                Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
                                Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
                                Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
                                XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Working...
                                X