NEW - Prometheus Finless ROM 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post
    And then how to power it up after that? Am curious.
    If you have a normal keyboard, wireless or not, just press ctrl+alt+delete.
    It works for me

Comment

Originally posted by seko92 View Post
      It's not working, the devices freezes.

Bob,

Is it possible to add a shutdown button on the bottom bar like you did for MK808 ?
      So this rom works only for the 4gb model?

Comment

MX2 Box

Hi will this ROM work on an MX2 box believe this his been asked earlier but could not find an answer. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
          If you have a normal keyboard, wireless or not, just press ctrl+alt+delete.
          It works for me
          That is veeery interesting. If it works with a key-sequence on a wireless keyboard, can it be done with a gyro air-mouse too?
          Does this player come with an IR receiver? If not, is there a way to attach an IR receiver on it and control the player with a IR remote? If so, would it be possible to use a power on button on the IR remote control to power up the player?
          Cheers
          Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
          Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
          Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
          XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Only reboot works on the reboot apps that I have tried. I guess that is why this box has a physical shutdown switch. I learned that some android boxes and sticks can do soft shutdown.

Originally posted by seko92 View Post
            It's not working, the devices freezes.

Bob,

Is it possible to add a shutdown button on the bottom bar like you did for MK808 ?

Comment

So this rom works only for the 4gb model?
              Please read previous posts but this rom works for both 4gb and 8gb models.

Comment

Awesome...Thanks! This is my first foray into android based media players. This ROM was easy to flash and install onto my Prometheus.

One thing I noticed though, is that there is a gap between the SD card port and the Prometheus body. My first attempt to put the card in was a total failure; it fell right into the body of the prometheus, which I had to disassemble to get the card out. After that everything worked great!

A few things from testing...not sure if this is a hardware issue or what. Maybe someone has experience with this:

1) Mouse seems to go out of alignment. I have just a USB corded mouse, and after a bit of use the arrow tip is no longer the 'point' of the mouse. Sometimes it moves to the lower left quadrant of the mouse pointer.

2) Is there a way to change what is on the main screen? I'm trying to build something for my parents which will only give 2 options: Netflix and XBMC.

Thanks again for this great ROM...much, much better than the bloated version that came stock installed!

Chips

Comment

Originally posted by Chips View Post
                  Awesome...Thanks! This is my first foray into android based media players. This ROM was easy to flash and install onto my Prometheus.

One thing I noticed though, is that there is a gap between the SD card port and the Prometheus body. My first attempt to put the card in was a total failure; it fell right into the body of the prometheus, which I had to disassemble to get the card out. After that everything worked great!

A few things from testing...not sure if this is a hardware issue or what. Maybe someone has experience with this:

1) Mouse seems to go out of alignment. I have just a USB corded mouse, and after a bit of use the arrow tip is no longer the 'point' of the mouse. Sometimes it moves to the lower left quadrant of the mouse pointer.

2) Is there a way to change what is on the main screen? I'm trying to build something for my parents which will only give 2 options: Netflix and XBMC.

Thanks again for this great ROM...much, much better than the bloated version that came stock installed!

Chips
                  You have the 4gb or the 8gb version? Thanks

Comment

You have the 4gb or the 8gb version? Thanks
                    4gb version (the cheap one!). No problems at all.

Comment

Hi,have been following this thread with interest.
                      I have one of these units,4GB, on order & I intend to put this rom on it once it arrives.

A question to those who are using it. I have read that there were issues with the unit overheating. Does this still happen or do the units now have a heatsink fitted to keep them cool.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jgbyr View Post
                        A question to those who are using it. I have read that there were issues with the unit overheating. Does this still happen or do the units now have a heatsink fitted to keep them cool.
                        Thanks
                        I did not notice a heat sink on mine when I opened it, but did not look. I've only had mine for a week now, but I've left it on for 5 days straight with no issues at all. The unit is midly warm to the touch, but that's all.

Comment

Thanks for that. Maybe the issue is fixed now.

Comment

Sorry for my english, french guy here :

I just created an account to thank you Finless, your rom is perfect, it patch some issues that had me almost regret my prometheus.

But with 1080 video running great and no more bottom bar, this is PERFECT !!

So huge huge thank my friends !!

Comment

Will this update method work with this rom? ive been thinking bout buying the 8gb model? I don't really want to use the reset button method if I don't have to cause all directions ive seen for that one seem poorly translated to english

1) Unpack a zip to SD card, Plug it in to your device
                              2) Go to all apps -> upgrade
                              3) Click on local upgrade
                              4) Click on go2ref-ota-%DATE%.zip
                              5) Click Reboot and install
                              6) Wait until firmware upgrades - DO NOT POWER OFF
                              7) After the reboot go to all apps -> upgrade again
                              8) Click on local upgrade
                              9) Select second zip (*patch.zip)
                              10) Click reboot and install
                              12) Wait until patching finishes

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
                                Sorry for my english, french guy here :

I just created an account to thank you Finless, your rom is perfect, it patch some issues that had me almost regret my prometheus.

But with 1080 video running great and no more bottom bar, this is PERFECT !!

So huge huge thank my friends !!
                                Your welcome!

Consider a donation

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X