Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again, thanks for your reply blinkone
    Originally posted by blinkone View Post
    The only way to go back to the sate just after you fashed finless rom on to it, is to flash the stick again
    Baaaad luck hula.
    On an android phone it is as easy as menu "settings>backup&reset>reset". I fail to see why it would work any different on an android tv box.
    Also the manual has a strange flowchart that leads me to think that (at least on the stock ROM) it is supposed to reset the box to the initial state.
    Can anyone verify this, please?
    Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas
    Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
    Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
    Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Will this work on AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH ?

please confirm before i flash..

thank you

Comment

Good rom but had issues with iplayer and youtube

First of all thanks Bob for a another great rom. I installed Iplayer UK tv app and youtube and it seems to think the soft keys are still there so sort of shrinks the screen proportionally to fit, so I'm left with a bottom and right side of screen black border. I had the same issue with the stock rom so installed this:

Perhaps something similar could be implemented in to the rom later or perhaps my box is faulty. i also had an issue not being able to move the screen positioning all the way right, perhaps its my tv.

One other small niggle is that sometimes it seems to get stuck in a boot loop and takes ages to load. Perhaps I have bad blocks or something. I have re flashed the rom 3 times but the above still happens.

Finally, thank you for getting the miracast app to actually work.

If anyone is not having the above problems and using this rom I would love to know.

Cheers

Comment

Haven't used iPlayer or Youtube and haven't experienced any of your issues like the boot loop.
          I have experienced issues with not having image when the tv box is powered on before the TV is setup to show that particular hdmi port. So, if I power on the unit while I am still watching from another hdmi port and then change to the prometheus hdmi port, most times I get no image and I am forced to restart the prometheus tv box.
          Cheers
          XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Same problem here when switching from another hdmi source on the TV. It's very annoying.

Comment

I didn't find the answer... Is there similar firmware for Gbox MX2 clone or could we use this one?

Comment

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post
                It worked but it had some issues, mainly the wireless keyboard stopped being able to go back when i press the ESC key.
                So I uninstalled xbmc, cleared the cache data and installed the xbmc visson that came with Prometheus and for my surprise now the ESC key doesn't go back too.
                Depends on what keycode the Escape key is mapped to. The Android Escape keycode is not the same as Android Back keycode. I had the same issue with the Display resizing setting. It only works with Android Back, not Escape, unlike most of the other setting options. Did you try both?

Comment

netflix

Hi, I just flashed with this rom. Everything went fine and appears to work, but I installed netflix 3.1.1, which starts up ok but has absolutely no sound on any movie. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? thanks, simon

Comment

Unfortunately IDK and can't help you.
                    Hope somebody comes in rescue
                    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Unfortunately IDK and can't help you.
                      Hope somebody comes in rescue
                      no problem, solved it. I was using the traditional settings menu to adjust sound. Personally I don't like the new look, but only the new settings menu will register changes.

Comment

No more link for donwload

Hi,

the link to download the file doesn't work any more. Is anyone can refresh it ?

Thanks

Fred (from France, so, sorry for the english...)

Comment

The file is online again. Thanks a lot for the one who repair this.

Bye

Originally posted by Fred34690 View Post
                          Hi,

the link to download the file doesn't work any more. Is anyone can refresh it ?

Thanks

Fred (from France, so, sorry for the english...)

Comment

Anyone one else experiencing a new "random" MAC address everytime the TV Box boots up?
                            I don't know if Bob still checks this topic but if he does, Bob, I was trying to run "setvenv ethaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55" on the bash of my prometheus but it says that setenv is not recognized.
                            Can you help me with this, please?
                            Cheers
                            XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Anyone one else experiencing a new "random" MAC address everytime the TV Box boots up?
                              I don't know if Bob still checks this topic but if he does, Bob, I was trying to run "setvenv ethaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55" on the bash of my prometheus but it says that setenv is not recognized.
                              Can you help me with this, please?
                              Cheers
                              Because you are running "setvenv" when it should be "setenv". You added an extra v.

Comment

Nah, that was a simple typo in the forum.
                                I can't find both setenv and saveenv.
                                XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Working...
                                X