Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

701-I newbie

Hi all,

A quick note to say today I bought a 701-I at BL in Martinsburg, West Virginia. The manager said she had just received a shipment, how many I don't know. Right now I'm letting my "I" charge, then I'm thinking of following advice on this thread of doing a fresh reset before I try anything.

I plan to side load programs from a micro sd, nothing fancy. I want to retain the integrity of a fresh machine until I get to know it better.

I'm not sure I want or need Google Play or that I want to root my machine. I may change my mind, but for now I plan to leave well enough alone.

Someone said "Is" were shipped West first. "West" Virginia is west in name only; actually we live about fifty miles west of Washington, D.C., so I suppose "Is" have worked their way east.

Thank you for this thread....

Comment

Big Lots next week

It's in Big Lots Sunday ad - National rollout of "Polaroid 7" Android 4.0 Tablet, $99.99 save $30".

This thread/board could be a lot busier on Monday.

Comment

Hmmmm..... I may have to pick one up. I'll have to think about it. But I am out of town all next week. Do they have a big lots in Rochester NY? I will have to look one up.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Does 701i mic actually exist?

Any apps that can use it or even test to see if it works. Tried skype and a few mic apps but it is not found.

BTW, Antutu score is 2893 fwiw.

Thanks

Comment

Saber havent had a chance to try that with mine yet, out running some errands right now. When I get home I'll give it a try and see if that helps me out also. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Comment

Pan, if I send you directions, do you mind sending me a rom dump? It'd greatly increase the speed of which I could make a 701i and 701C stock ICS rom.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by ronb View Post
                It's in Big Lots Sunday ad - National rollout of "Polaroid 7" Android 4.0 Tablet, $99.99 save $30".

This thread/board could be a lot busier on Monday.

You don't have a link to that Sunday ad do you? I can't find it anywhere. If I can confirm it for my area I am gonna be stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by kytprice View Post
                  You don't have a link to that Sunday ad do you? I can't find it anywhere. If I can confirm it for my area I am gonna be stoked.
                  I saw that ad too....I think he got it as a BUZZ rewards club member. I signed up when I bought my tablet. They email ads to Rewards club members so they know about deals at least a few days ahead of the general public.

I'm in Northwest Ohio and got the same one.

Comment

Got a C last night and a I today, no video out port on the I

Well I saw a post about these on Slick Deals so last night I picked up a C model because that's all my closest store had. I got it up and running and checking my mail and minor things like that just to check it out. It does have a video out jack that has a picture of a TV with a out arrow on it.
                    Today after a short day at work I figured I'd see if the next closest store had a I in stock and they did, manager even opened it for me and made sure it was a I and had 4.0 on it. I also asked what kind of video out jack it had so he went further and said all he saw was a headphone jack, micro SD slot, and USB port. He did all this over the phone, put my name on it and brought it out to me when I got there.
                    I can confirm the spot where the video out jack was is now blank and no other jack for video I can find unless maybe they are combining the headphone jack or using the USB port.
                    I have 30 days to make up my mind about which one to keep so I guess I need to pop open the bag and look at the manual to see if there's something I don't know about getting video out to my TV. No manual online so far for this newer version. If anyone else has run into the same issue and knows the secret I'd love to know before I waste a lot of time trying to figure it out.
                    4.0 seems very nice though and it has more options for tweaking so on that score alone it's a keeper but I really want to be able to play things to my TV if I feel like it like all my other PMP and tablets can do, thanks. By the way the box still says video out jack on the quick blurb for features

Comment

Originally posted by Dartman View Post
                      Well I saw a post about these on Slick Deals so last night I picked up a C model because that's all my closest store had. I got it up and running and checking my mail and minor things like that just to check it out. It does have a video out jack that has a picture of a TV with a out arrow on it.
                      Today after a short day at work I figured I'd see if the next closest store had a I in stock and they did, manager even opened it for me and made sure it was a I and had 4.0 on it. I also asked what kind of video out jack it had so he went further and said all he saw was a headphone jack, micro SD slot, and USB port. He did all this over the phone, put my name on it and brought it out to me when I got there.
                      I can confirm the spot where the video out jack was is now blank and no other jack for video I can find unless maybe they are combining the headphone jack or using the USB port.
                      I have 30 days to make up my mind about which one to keep so I guess I need to pop open the bag and look at the manual to see if there's something I don't know about getting video out to my TV. No manual online so far for this newer version. If anyone else has run into the same issue and knows the secret I'd love to know before I waste a lot of time trying to figure it out.
                      4.0 seems very nice though and it has more options for tweaking so on that score alone it's a keeper but I really want to be able to play things to my TV if I feel like it like all my other PMP and tablets can do, thanks. By the way the box still says video out jack on the quick blurb for features
                      Strange, I have 2 of the 701i units and 1 701C and physically the 701i is the same as the 701C (So, yes both have the TV out jack).

Comment

ICS at big lots

Well, I went into Biglots here in Fla. and they had the ICS tablet advertised and on the cards you take to the cashier to ring up. I was looking at the boxes behind the glass though and I didn't see any ICS stickers on them. I'd trade mine but I can wait till an update is put out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nux View Post
                          Strange, I have 2 of the 701i units and 1 701C and physically the 701i is the same as the 701C (So, yes both have the TV out jack).
                          Well that is weird as mine has a manual that doesn't show or mention a output jack and it definetly isn't there. The old manual says it has a jack and even tells you you'll need the cable they'll happily sell you to use it. I guess maybe I'll have to hit the shop again and have them open a few boxes to see if any of their I units are based on the older setup like yours is as I really want the TV out.

Comment

Getting into onda recovery

This worked for me, cant promise it to work for others

1. power off tablet
                            2. hold menu+power for about 30 seconds
                            (you will get the normal initial boot but then get this. PS keep holding the pwr+menu untill you get the below screen)

3. Press home key at above screen
                            (you should now see the below screen)

Home hides the recovery screen
                            menu scrolls up
                            back scrolls down
                            power selects highlighted item.

Curious to see if there is away to replace this with cwm touch
                            Last edited by ghostfayce; 04-21-2012, 03:35.

Comment

Still no dice on my test unit

Tried those options. Still not doing it, I currently have the Onda V5 on it for some tinkering so it has that going too. I still wonder if it is going into recovery because you renamed the file update.img. For the record, I would not recomend going out and trying it on your own yet since he is currently stuck and we have not been able to get him back.

Comment

Originally posted by kytprice View Post
                                Go to the store finder and pick a store. On the popup for the store, there is a link to weekly ad, which give options for this week and next week. Or something like that; and YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                                X