Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargex View Post
    Hi, this firmware looks really good. I'm wondering if it works with the HK1 Box? https://tvboxstop.com/2020-tv-boxes/...x-stop-review/

I got two of them for my mother and sister for christmas. But I've encountered a bug I'm really, really hoping is just a software issue.
    It seems like that occasionally (usually or always when inputs are put in (USB remote keyboard, bluetooth controller, and or IR remote.) it might make a very loud crushed, scratch, clipped cl pop noise, like digital sound tearing.
    I can make it a bit softer/less harsh in normal boot. But in EmuELEC(gaming boot) it is loud and a lot of inputs are being put in because of the mentioned gaming, so it doesn't happen, "once in a bluemoon" it's constant, it affects both devices and it has happened to both from stock, and even when I reset the firmware it still persist.

I'm fairly new to this so I don't know how to do a lot, but I'm not completely tech illiterate and can generally follow instructions well enough. I'm wondering how I can get a copy/backup of the stock firmware thats currently on the device in case something goes bad, if you think your custom firmware might not be good for it and if not if you'd consider making it compatible and if it is what my first steps to flashing new firmware on to the android boxes or if you have any other ideas to fix the problem, like some how changing the audio drivers? I might have to try to find out if I can change like codecs or something in EmuELEC... Idk, I probably sound dumb right now. But i've spent day's/week's getting this thing ready and loaded so I can give them good presents. Only to find out how terrible the bug really is when you actually play a game on it, and that's basically the whole reason I bought it. I would greatly appreciate any help, because I'm kind of at a loss right now. I figure I might not be able to get this finished by christmas now. But maybe someone can help me get this terrible bug situation out of the way. Because otherwise. everything else seems to be working as it should. it is similar to the HK1 X3, and the vontar x3.This whole process has been stressful and i'm just hoping I'll be able to eventually salvage it at this point, so not throwing awaly money for bad gifts
    The firmware is perfect for HK1 Box. Many users in this thread already have installed it in a HK1 Box (just look some previous posts and you will find who)
    Although I first made this custom firmware for my H96 max X3, I also have a HK1 Box (which I bought recently).
    As far as Emuelec is concerned, I have used it not as another operating system (gaming system) but as an addon to coreelec (in sd card and with dual boot system - Coreelec or Android).I just tested it for a few days and I was fully satisfied (I did all this only for testing - I don't actually play games).

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021
      Last edited by ath156; 01-16-2021, 08:33.

Comment

HI,

I got a tictid tx6 and happen to found this thread, trying to figure out what is the benefit on rooting this android tv?

Comment

Originally posted by zzricezz View Post
          HI,

I got a tictid tx6 and happen to found this thread, trying to figure out what is the benefit on rooting this android tv?
          Hello.
          First of all this is not a custom ATV rom (Android TV rom) but an AOSP custom rom ("classic" Android).
          If you don't know what you can do with a rooted TVbox maybe you don't need it
          Also having Magisk in the custom rom as a preinstalled application you are at the same time rooted and unrooted (for some services that require you to be unrooted to access them)
          Finally a custom rom it is not only about being rooted or not, but a lot of other things.

Comment

HOW TO INSTALL COREELEC TO H96 MAX X3, HK1 BOX & ALL CLONES

You can install Coreelec to an sd card or USB stick (better use the USB 2.0 port/black port). With Coreelec you can get Full HD Netflix ! You can also install in it Emuelec (as an addon) to play retro games !!!
            You can make your TVbox to dual boot (if you want), first to Coreelec and then by rebooting to your Android System. Or just remove the sd card/USB stick and have your Android system intact.

To help you install Coreelec to an sd card or USB stick I have prepared for you an easy guide. Doing this you will have a perfectly working Coreelec installation. You will have your original remote control, the display screen showing the time and you can use your original remote control for turning ON/OFF the TVbox. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I tried to use the SD card method to install the custom rom but i'm stuck since the TICTID TX6 doesn't have a reset button. I tried to boot into recovery using "reboot update" in terminal session but I can't get it to kick off the installation.

Is there another way to start the installation from the SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by zzricezz View Post
                Thanks for the information, I tried to use the SD card method to install the custom rom but i'm stuck since the TICTID TX6 doesn't have a reset button. I tried to boot into recovery using "reboot update" in terminal session but I can't get it to kick off the installation.

Is there another way to start the installation from the SD card?
                i don't know this box, but since it seems to be so similar to my H96 max X3 (its circural shape I mean) are you sure there is no reset button "hidden" in the AV port?
                Anyway as I usually advise, your best option is a USB-A/USB-A cable. It is the ultimate tool not only to install firmware but mainly to recover your box in case you ever brick it.
                You can buy one or simply make it yourself (DIY) using 2 spare other cables you may have around (from old smartphones etc).
                Cut 2 such cables, keep only the USB-A part from each and connect the 4 smaller cables/wires color to color. Insulate the connections with elecrtical tape. Make it 15-20 cm maximum.

Comment

Happy New Years, so I went ahead and started backing up, and flashing the new firmware and everything, but something got messed up along the lines and I'm not sure how to fix it. I think the bootloader got deleted... But I'm very sure I unchecked it like the instructions said to do when putting the iso on the micro SD card. Now I can't even properly reboot it back to the original firmware with my TWRP backups(I was trying to get the apps/apks from the old firmware, I did get 'em) But it just ends up kinda being like a merged version of both firmwares. And at that point I hadn't even tried EumELEC, and when you can finally get it to attempt to boot from SD, it just freezes until hardreset. Should I just re-do your iso and extra make sure it's unchecked? Would that restore the parts that are missing? I've got lots of backups from clean factory to ones that I've loaded up so I can tranfer the upgrades between the 2 devices simply. But I'm just kinda lost at what to do to fix anything right now. I'm not sure how I can restore the old firmware, and or getting it booting from sd or anything again. I'm not even sure if your firmware fixed the weird audio bug I get from the TV boxes cause I use EmuELEC to test it. lol

Comment

wargex You cannot properly recover your original firmware by just using TWRP backups to another custom firmware !!! You must install each firmware first and then use TWRP backups to recover a previous state !! Otherwise you may have a mixed system.
                    So if you don't have a USB-A/USB-A cable to install my firmware (which I think is the best way/option) at least try to do the sd card as I say here (please pay attention to the notes):
                    Thank you for your feedback.:) Taking into account your remarks here are the corrected instructions to install the rom with an SD card : If you want to install the firmware with an sd card please do the following: A.* Download the program Burn...

Comment

I'm sorry, but what is the point of obtaining backups if they're practically useless? I did the SD, it worked. it broke being able to boot from anything but nand, your firmware.
                      Are you telling me to redo it again and hope its fixed or?

Comment

I'm sorry, but what is the point of obtaining backups if they're practically useless? I did the SD, it worked. it broke being able to boot from anything but nand, your firmware.
                        Are you telling me to redo it again and hope its fixed or?
                        You can not easily jump from one firmware to another one just by a TWRP backup. Otherwise you will end up in a kind of a "merged version" as you call it. You know there is something called as "clean install" of a firmware.
                        If you want your original firmware just do a clean install of your original image (original/stock firmware) and then use your TWRP backup to restore. Good Luck.

Comment

I still have access to another device that hasn't had firmware changes on it. I'm just unsure how to get a backup firmware img thing that I can boot, just for clarification.
                          Not that I'm still not going to use your firmware in the end. I'd just like to know how to make appropriate changes when necessary.
                          Do you have any advice on accomplishing this?

Comment

Your advice for backing up was just the TWRP method, I have these, I followed your advice.
                            I just wish you had included that people should also backup their images too. Which there was no included advice for properly doing so.
                            Is there a program/method that you think is best?

Comment

Your advice for backing up was just the TWRP method, I have these, I followed your advice.
                              I just wish you had included that people should also backup their images too. Which there was no included advice for properly doing so.
                              Is there a program/method that you think is best?
                              OK. Let me try to make very clear some things to you.
                              1. You do not have to "backup" a firmware image. You either redownload it (from maker's site, from seller's site, from developer's site etc) or just keep a copy of the image file.
                              2. You do a TWRP backup of a certain firmware especially if you have made some alterations/additions to it (i.e. you installed some applications, you inserted your Google accounts etc or even made some changes to Vendor or System Partitions). So if you try another firmware you can return to your initial/present state by doing a clean install of your original firmware and just restoring Vendor, System and Data partitions with TWRP. If you made no changes to Vendor or System partitions, just restoring the Data partition is enough.
                              3. Of course you can also use your TWRP backups in other ways. A usual trick is to copy the whole Vendor partition from one firmware to another, but this is not always successfull. If you want to mix+match different partitions from different firmwares you must know very well what you are doing.
                              4. If your only problem is that you can no longer start Emuelec (from sd card or USB stick I suppose) this is very simple. Just do what you did the 1st time. The easiest way is to install "Terminal Emulator" and write to it "reboot update". After this if you start your TVbox with the sd card inserted it will start with Emuelec by default (or coreelec or linux/armbian etc). But everytime you install another firmware you have to repeat the above procedure.
                              5. Finally if you want to try my custom firmware properly please do a clean install first. If you want to return back to your original firmware please do also a clean instal to it (and probably restore your TWRP backup there).

Comment

For anybody that is using my custom rom (which is AOSP version) and needs the same in ATV version, it seems that this is now possible without the need to make a new installation !!!!

All you have to do is use an ugoos module (as a Magisk module) which will automatically convert your version from AOSP to ATV.

And since you already have Magisk preinstalled all you have to do is use the following module:

Important Note: As I never liked ATV versions I have not tested this tranformation by myself, but according to information it has no side effects. If anybody will try it please report about it. You are always advised to have a good TWRP backup before you do any attempt (at least of Boot, System, Vendor and Data partitions).

Comment

Working...
                                X