Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    For anybody that is using my custom rom (which is AOSP version) and needs the same in ATV version, it seems that this is now possible without the need to make a new installation !!!!

All you have to do is use an ugoos module (as a Magisk module) which will automatically convert your version from AOSP to ATV.

And since you already have Magisk preinstalled all you have to do is use the following module:

Important Note: As I never liked ATV versions I have not tested this tranformation by myself, but according to information it has no side effects. If anybody will try it please report about it. You are always advised to have a good TWRP backup before you do any attempt (at least of Boot, System, Vendor and Data partitions).
    Always Young ath156 !
    Have you tested the ATV on your firmware?
    If so, is it possible to replace ATV with Google TV, how does this video show?

INSTALA YA Google TV en tu SMART TV o TV BOX

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
      Always Young ath156 !
      How are you? I hope so.
      I have seen several certified devices from Google, Mi BOX, Mecool, etc.
      Is it possible to make your firmware Google certified?
      Big hug.
      Hello. I hope you are well too.
      Sorry to disappoint you but there is no way to make a not certified TVbox to be certified !!!

Comment

@webipsum
        Hello. I hope you are well too.
        Sorry to disappoint you but there is no way to make a not certified TVbox to be certified.
        (My previous -same- post was unapproved !!!)

Comment

Always Young ath156 !
          Have you tested the ATV on your firmware?
          If so, is it possible to replace ATV with Google TV, how does this video show?
          INSTALA YA Google TV en tu SMART TV o TV BOX
          ath156
          Hi, Master!
          Please, any comments on the subject?
          Thank you very much.

Comment

ath156
            Hi, Master!
            Please, any comments on the subject?
            Thank you very much.
            I always prefer AOSP and not ATV version.Of course other people like more the ATV version, but as I already told you you will not get additional contnent (i.e. Netflix in Full HD or 4K) from a not certified TVbox, just by changing AOSP to ATV. The TVbox in the video is Mecool which I think is an already Google certified TVbox.

In any case you can test it by yourself, but 1st do a TWRP backup of your current installation (Boot, System, Vendor and DATA partitions - probably Data is the only partiition you may need) using the built-in TWRP (keep this backup at a USB stick or at an SD card or at a HDD).

After that you can try the Magisk module to transform AOSP to ATV (I have not tried it myself but others did). You can even try what is described at the video.
            In case you want to go back to your current installation the best way is to do a new installation of the custom rom ("clean install") and then use TWRP to restore the partitions from your TWRP backup.
            Even if you "manage" to brick your HK1 Box we already know how to revive it (in such a case you will have to open it though).

Comment

I follow the instructions from #200, install Armbian Ubuntu on an HK1 box successfully. However, I can install from USB drive only, not from SD card for some unknown reason. (Original Android OS shows the firmware is "20210319_1030".

I then continue install the necessary packages to a desktop environment(LXDE). Everything looks fine until I run "glxgears" from lxterminal, it said "Segmentation fault".

I install SFML following this link:

and execute the compiled program, it said "Setting vertical sync not supported", and "Segmentation fault".

It seems the problem is from gpu driver. Any ideas?
              Last edited by jjh; 08-20-2021, 06:14.

Comment

Originally posted by jjh View Post
                I follow the instructions from #200, install Armbian Ubuntu on an HK1 box successfully. However, I can install from USB drive only, not from SD card for some unknown reason. (Original Android OS shows the firmware is "20210319_1030".

I then continue install the necessary packages to a desktop environment(LXDE). Everything looks fine until I run "glxgears" from lxterminal, it said "Segmentation fault".

I install SFML following this link:

and execute the compiled program, it said "Setting vertical sync not supported", and "Segmentation fault".

It seems the problem is from gpu driver. Any ideas?
                For the sd card please download this file: https://mega.nz/file/so8lkI5Q#cjLoqZ...CUq3gLkxBJXIeA
                and rename it just to "u-boot.ext". Use this file in your sd installation and confirm if this fixes your problem.
                For SFML I am afraid you must find yourself if there is a solution.

Comment

Hi, ath156,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I make a fresh SD card from Armbian Ubuntu 5.7 image, follow the #200 instructions, copy u-boot.sd.ext to BOOT and make it another copy u-boot.ext, copy bcm4335c0.hcd to /lib/firmware/brcm, copy h96max-x2-test-bus80-gpu-volt.dtb to /dtb/amlogic, replace uEnv.txt.

However, both with/without toothpick methods can not boot from SD card. It seems the booting process is in a loop. The screen default "no signal" message keep showing on roughly around every 1 to 2 seconds.

I put my original USB drive back, take out the SD card, and it's booting as before.

Comment

Hi, ath156,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I make a fresh SD card from Armbian Ubuntu 5.7 image, follow the #200 instructions, copy u-boot.sd.ext to BOOT and make it another copy u-boot.ext, copy bcm4335c0.hcd to /lib/firmware/brcm, copy h96max-x2-test-bus80-gpu-volt.dtb to /dtb/amlogic, replace uEnv.txt.

However, both with/without toothpick methods can not boot from SD card. It seems the booting process is in a loop. The screen default "no signal" message keep showing on roughly around every 1 to 2 seconds.

I put my original USB drive back, take out the SD card, and it's booting as before.
                    1. Sorry but I don't have the time now to check it once more at my HK1 Box. I will do it as soon as possible. Since it is a long time since #200 post I have tried also other (newer) builds.
                    2. In the meantime try to prepare every file needed to your PC (i.e. rename "u-boot.sd.ext" to u-boot.ext) and just copy them to your SD card (in a fresh made sd card). Doing this directly to your sd card sometimes may result in a zero size file !
                    3. For your convenience I suggest you not to use the "toothpick" method but:
                    - Install from Playstore the apk "Terminal Emulator"
                    - Insert your new sd card with armbian and at terminal emulator just type "reboot update".

Comment

ath156

A testimony:
                      Prime Video AOSP only works 100% on its AMAZING firmware!
                      I have a box, which is not compatible with your firmware, with custom firmware with Android 9, and the Prime Video AOSP app does not allow I to change the audio in the video player interface.
                      Congratulations!

Note: Everything works wonderfully!

Comment

@ath156

What does "reboot update" do? Will this command erase the default factory firmware? What is the difference between "toothpick method" and "reboot update"?

In case I run into "dead android robot" screen, will "factory reset" option bring HK1 box back to its default firmware image?

Comment

@ath156

What does "reboot update" do? Will this command erase the default factory firmware? What is the difference between "toothpick method" and "reboot update"?

In case I run into "dead android robot" screen, will "factory reset" option bring HK1 box back to its default firmware image?
                          How do you ever thouhgt that I would suggest something that will erase my custom rom (or any other rom)????

This way you just "force" your TVbox instead of loading the Android rom you have, to try to load a "temporary" system from an SD card or USB flash drive. So it tries first to boot from the SD card or USB flash drive, if there is a bootable system there (like Coreelec, Libreelec, Armbian etc). If it doesn't find any bootable system it continues to Android.
                          Of course you are not using this method if you don't have a bootable system like Coreelec or Armbian etc in your SD card.
                          If you still prefer the "toothpick method" (that is pressing the reset button-probably with a toothpick- while giving power to the TVbox), please do that.

Comment

@ath156

I am not familiar to Android TV OS (ex., booting process). To me, "reboot update" is like a PC bios upgrade. Maybe I asked some stupid questions, or I just want to know how those commands work before I try, though I understand all the trying is at my own risk.

So far, I boot Armbian Ubuntu from USB drive, both black and blue ports work, and it seems very stable (except booting from SD card, glxgears 3D gpu driver, sound not working ??? but Debian version works, these issues), though personally I still prefer bionic (18.04) because some packages are missing in focal (20.04).

Comment

Model is hk1 box 100

please help me (

Always waiting at the red light. Nothing moves. The device does not turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by figu View Post
                                Model is hk1 box 100

please help me (

Always waiting at the red light. Nothing moves. The device does not turn on.
                                If you have HK1 Box with 100m LAN you must install this firmware:https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...56193e5fQkAMBY

- First try with USB Burning Tool and a USB-A/USB-A cable (while connecting the cable to HK1, do not forget to keep pressing the reset button)
                                - If you do not succeed in the above procedure you may have to open the TVbox and connect 2 pins (NAND Chip Mask ROM Mode)

**** Also you didn't say what happened to your TVbox. Did you try to install another firmware? Something else happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X