No announcement yet.

Fully working 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird. Hope someone around these parts can help you. Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem here as mine's all behaving as it should. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by offbeatdave View Post
      ANTUTU BENCHMARK:
      Antutu Benchmark clocks in at 11565 - whatever that means! I've never used it before so I've no idea how that stacks up.
      That's on the lower end of the RK3066 benchmark table, but stability matters too as far as I'm concerned; and as you say the ROM runs well on your device I think that score is perfectly suitable. Typical stock RK3066 roms come in at around 13000-13500 and tweaked kernels can push it to 14000-14200 but stability isn't always guaranteed.

I saw about the rebooting device when shutdown is initiated and the only time I've seen that on these is with dirty flashes which caused all sorts of unexpected behavior.

Comment

Changing HDMI mode from 1920x1080p-60 to 1280x720p-50 increased the Antutu benchmark to 12170.

Is this ROM running a 720 or 1080 kernel? How do you tell?
        Last edited by offbeatdave; 01-07-2014, 07:01.

Comment

Can't tell without looking at the source, but the Rikomagic RK3066 user guide says 720p is the 'real' screen and the 1080p output is upscaled from the 720p kernel.

Antutu can shed some details in the 'Device Info' section as well. Look for the device resolution entry.

That would also explain why the benchmark scores were higher without the extra drain of an upscaled screen.

My eyes can't tell the difference (at distance) so I always run mine at 720p 60.

Comment

I've flashed this ROM on my MX1 (over Finless 1.7a) and got an red error on "checking firmware" step (after flashing step) of the included flashing tool (I've tried 2 times). The dongle booted fine with this new ROM after all. Should I worry about it?

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE alexbur;128365]Hi,

I have the following problem with this ROM installed. When I try to shutdown the system, a reboot happens instead of shutdown. There is no such problem with stock ROMs and Finless ROMs. Does anybody have the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Same problem here.

When I press shutdown botton, the device reboot.

Will try to reflash once again.

Sorry for my bad english

Comment

'overclocked' 1608 kernel

Anyone interested in running a 1608mhz overclocked kernel with this rom rather than the stock 1416 kernel it comes with? I'm going to give it a go myself and see how it runs.
                Last edited by Shomari; 01-12-2014, 03:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  Anyone interested in running a 1608mhz overclocked kernel with this rom rather than the stock 1416 kernel it comes with? I'm going to give it a go myself and see how it runs.
                  Did you manage to do this? How did it go?

Comment

Well, I've now reverted to my Feb 19 2013 build of XBMC in this rom. That's version 13.0-alpha1 Git: 20130219-32e99c7 with the advancedsettings.xml file mentioned in my earlier post. The version I was using ended up being stuttery for no good reason.

The only issue I have with this version is that when using the iPlayer plugin, if I stop a stream and then try to restart it, i just get sound and no image (the XBMC theme turns from blue to black).

Comment

Originally posted by offbeatdave View Post
                      Did you manage to do this? How did it go?
                      I actually have one still running on the rom with the 1608mhz kernel. It runs better and there's never been an issue with heat; I still let it scale to 252 at idle but I run it aggressively with the ondemand governor nonetheless - by way of tweaking the tunables to skew the cpu runtimes towards the higher freqs most of the time.

I switched another to the MK812 ROM (but with same 1608 kernel) and it runs even better. Slight changes to the system.img seem to make all the difference in this case.

Comment

Flashing

I haven't toyed with my MX1 in a long while, so I don't really remember how to flash newer ROMs. Also, I am not really sure what ROM I have currently installed. Will it flash if I just put the .img file in the root of the (external) SD card? And, more importantly, will it break anything if it doesn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung View Post
                          I haven't toyed with my MX1 in a long while, so I don't really remember how to flash newer ROMs. Also, I am not really sure what ROM I have currently installed. Will it flash if I just put the .img file in the root of the (external) SD card? And, more importantly, will it break anything if it doesn't work?
                          As long as you have RKupdate service running on your stick, yes it should flash if you use the update.zip method from SD.

Please ensure you're running at least version 4.2 if you do go this route. Attempting to flash an update.zip from 4.1 to 4.2 will render your stick inoperable until you flash with rk batch tool. That method of upgrade is incompatible between the two versions.

Comment

Dear dfgas, many thanks for drawing my attention to this ROM! I just flashed it this morn', and everything looks peachy! P.S. Have you tried any webcams with it?

Comment

links not working

Can anybody update the links for the ROM or give additional (more reliable) links?
                              All sendspace links seem to be not working!
                              Many thanks in advance

Comment

Many thanks for the good Rom. - What I must do to implementate Unix add. on my stick ?

Comment

Working...
                                X