Fully working 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    Anyone interested in running a 1608mhz overclocked kernel with this rom rather than the stock 1416 kernel it comes with? I'm going to give it a go myself and see how it runs.
    I have interesting to test kernel 1608 with this ROM on iMiTo MX2. Can you upload kernal.img on filesharing server? Thanks for proposal.

Comment

I actually have one still running on the rom with the 1608mhz kernel. It runs better and there's never been an issue with heat; I still let it scale to 252 at idle but I run it aggressively with the ondemand governor nonetheless - by way of tweaking the tunables to skew the cpu runtimes towards the higher freqs most of the time.

I switched another to the MK812 ROM (but with same 1608 kernel) and it runs even better. Slight changes to the system.img seem to make all the difference in this case.

Have you tried the G3 iconbit Firmware?

Already clocked at 1608mhz

I can run 1080p Videos in xbmc , no h/w acceleration .
      Dont have any Overheating issues either, i have no heatsink
      runs smooth tbh.

im still testing out stuff , ill keep you lot updated.

Got MK809II

Last edited by AndroidKid; 01-29-2014, 04:09. Reason: Download link

Comment

Thanks. I haven't tried that one. The ROM I currently use devours video in XBMC nightlies with room to spare. I'm on a 720 kernel since my bedroom TV only runs at 720.

Best of all, wifi signal is downright booming compared to the rikomagic ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by KVlady View Post
          I have interesting to test kernel 1608 with this ROM on iMiTo MX2. Can you upload kernal.img on filesharing server? Thanks for proposal.
          @KVlady

...here you go - https://mega.co.nz/#!HNhU3DyT!nwZct2...XsvXDarBGWRKR0

Comment

Thanx! Today start testing.

Comment

Thanks. I haven't tried that one. The ROM I currently use devours video in XBMC nightlies with room to spare. I'm on a 720 kernel since my bedroom TV only runs at 720.

Best of all, wifi signal is downright booming compared to the rikomagic ROM.

What Rom is this?
              and link please

i get about 13800 with icobit rom.

Comment

Guys, I'd appreciate if you didn't hijack this thread to discuss other ROMs or sticks. Please try to keep this about Imito MX1&2 (or equivalents) on the newest Rikomagic FW. I am honestly having trouble discerning what posts deal with the OP HW and FW, and which ones do not.

Otherwise, my Logitech Pro 9000 webcam works wonderfully on this ROM. Also, just to give you the heads up, TeamViewer's QuickSupport works fine too! If only we could get someone with some Tasker experience to design a Tasker script to allow remote control without requiring local TeamViewer input (i.e. bypass those pesky prompts), that would be even better! Any volunteers?

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung View Post
                  Guys, I'd appreciate if you didn't hijack this thread to discuss other ROMs or sticks. Please try to keep this about Imito MX1&2 (or equivalents) on the newest Rikomagic FW. I am honestly having trouble discerning what posts deal with the OP HW and FW, and which ones do not.

Otherwise, my Logitech Pro 9000 webcam works wonderfully on this ROM. Also, just to give you the heads up, TeamViewer's QuickSupport works fine too! If only we could get someone with some Tasker experience to design a Tasker script to allow remote control without requiring local TeamViewer input (i.e. bypass those pesky prompts), that would be even better! Any volunteers?
                  There's two comparison posts about other ROMS, and they're directly above yours. Every post here concerns the same hardware. While they may not be of interest to you, others have not complained. Instead of bemoaning the content that doesn't suit your taste, why not just post about what does? If you're confused, ask for clarity; I'm sure you'll be pointed in the right direction.

I could see if the thread was being swayed early, but the dialogue has run its course and progressed to another point. Please don't scoff at us for sparingly sharing reference info and comparisons.

Comment

Thanx! Today start testing.
                    First result:
                    Shomari's kernel is 720p kernel, kernel in Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107) - 1080p kernel
                    Simple change kernel into ROM result in errors and wrong GUI. For correcting situation need edit build.prop and may be some another action.
                    So I have interesting overclocking FullHD kernel, now I stop testing this 720-kernel.
                    Small remark about this kernel: I seem, that so many values in table of CPU frequencies is not good (standard - 6 values)
                    I made modROM based on Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107) with some achievements (CWM, support init.d, udpxy, extended support Mele F10 and so on), and want to solve last task - overclocking CPU on 1608 for improvement FullHD in IPTV and TorrentStream translation.
                    I testing overclocking kernel from custom w2com for new Rikomagic MK802IIIS, but one problem - this kernel incompatible with WiFi&BT in iMiTo MX1/MX2. The result testing ROM with this kernel - exelent. Antutu - 13000-13500. Stock kernel (1416) - Antutu - 11500-12500.

Comment

First result:
                      Shomari's kernel is 720p kernel, kernel in Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107) - 1080p kernel
                      Simple change kernel into ROM result in errors and wrong GUI. For correcting situation need edit build.prop and may be some another action.
                      So I have interesting overclocking FullHD kernel, now I stop testing this 720-kernel.
                      Small remark about this kernel: I seem, that so many values in table of CPU frequencies is not good (standard - 6 values)
                      The result testing ROM with this kernel - exelent. Antutu - 13000-13500. Stock kernel (1416) - Antutu - 11500-12500.
                      So you want a 1080p kernel not 720, you say? Seems those go like hot cakes around here. Yes, you are experiencing what I have been explaining, the performance depends on the entire system environment (entire ROM) - but stock variants are painfully under-optimized, as we see.

Comment

I made modROM based on Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107) with some achievements (CWM, support init.d, udpxy, extended support Mele F10 and so on), and want to solve last task - overclocking CPU on 1608 for improvement FullHD in IPTV and TorrentStream translation.
                        I apologize. I keep forgetting you guys all have 1080p panels in every room unlike some of us poor saps

Full HD 1080p version RIKOMAGIC source (flash boot/kernel to your ROM, same procedure as above):

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

I apologize. I keep forgetting you guys all have 1080p panels in every room unlike some of us poor saps

Full HD 1080p version RIKOMAGIC source (flash boot/kernel to your ROM, same procedure as above):

https://mega.co.nz/#!Kd42iIhY!IkCXda...c0ucmUP9eiAyD8
                          Not in all room - only in my room
                          O, thanks for link - this is look as needing kernel !

Comment

https://mega.co.nz/#!Kd42iIhY!IkCXda...c0ucmUP9eiAyD8
                            Sorry, but kernel in 1608400_RKHD.7z is not 1608. This is kernel with freq 1416. Dolefully

Comment

i have an ugly 'rkm remote' icon thing on the screen that will not move or delete?

Comment

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
                                i have an ugly 'rkm remote' icon thing on the screen that will not move or delete?
                                This is QR-code for dowloading RKM remoute.apk right version which working with ROM.
                                Functionaly - it`s only picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X