Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failure

Getting following:

Make sure you have read the readmebefore going any further...
    Press any key to continue . . .
    adbd cannot run as root in production builds
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    failed to copy 'ICS\build.prop' to '/system/build.prop': Permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/build.prop: Operation not permitted

I am rooted, though via "unlock root" method also found in this forum. Otherwise using stock v3.0 on ptab7xc. Just looking for netflix, so alternative solution will be acceptable. I am going to try a different machine, just in case. And probably reflash the stock rom if i do not get better advice before I reach that level of desperation. Thanks in advance for great tools and support.

UPDATE:
    I followed the steps in the bat manually with root explorer. So everything should be as described. Still no Netflix however. Latest .apk goes black then drops out after ~1s. No message or anything. I'll dig around for older netflix .apk. Appreciate input if anyone has this working on ptab7xc with v3 rom.

UPDATE 2:
    Got Netflix working by using an older apk (1.8 I think? Don't have tablet on me)
    Last edited by celt619; 10-25-2012, 22:02.

Comment

I made the horrible mistake of installing the latest ROM from Southerntelecom's page on my PTAB7XC. I now cannot install the market fix. I can't find an older ROM and don't know how to get past this. But I too am receiving the "permission denied" errors.

Any help on this?

For the record, this market fix has worked WONDERS on my other PTABs. But this one.. for some reason I thought the update was a good idea. And now here I am.

Comment

Originally posted by celt619 View Post
        Getting following:

Make sure you have read the readmebefore going any further...
        Press any key to continue . . .
        adbd cannot run as root in production builds
        remount failed: Operation not permitted
        failed to copy 'ICS\build.prop' to '/system/build.prop': Permission denied
        Unable to chmod /system/build.prop: Operation not permitted

I am rooted, though via "unlock root" method also found in this forum. Otherwise using stock v3.0 on ptab7xc. Just looking for netflix, so alternative solution will be acceptable. I am going to try a different machine, just in case. And probably reflash the stock rom if i do not get better advice before I reach that level of desperation. Thanks in advance for great tools and support.

UPDATE:
        I followed the steps in the bat manually with root explorer. So everything should be as described. Still no Netflix however. Latest .apk goes black then drops out after ~1s. No message or anything. I'll dig around for older netflix .apk. Appreciate input if anyone has this working on ptab7xc with v3 rom.

UPDATE 2:
        Got Netflix working by using an older apk (1.8 I think? Don't have tablet on me)
        1.8 is correct and yes, I've had problems with any new version of Netflix (not only on my Polaroid Tablet, but with my (short-lived) D2pad as well). 1.8 works fine though.
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

When running runme.bat I get adb server out of date

Originally posted by dedlock View Post
          Thanks for your work on this. I bought a 701C with expectations in line with the price but was pleasantly surprised. I loaded ICS from the ST website and enabled Playstore but was blocked from getting some of the apps I wanted. Your download took care of that. Everything seems to be working fine, have been viewing higher def content on youtube smooth and glitch free.
          from later post Readme 4.0.3
          says adb server out of date killing

Comment

well, i can't find a working dl link for this amazing package. 404 after 404.....help?

Comment

LiquidLimes Market fix

Originally posted by yapkot View Post
              well, i can't find a working dl link for this amazing package. 404 after 404.....help?
              I dont think \Liquid Limes fix worked for me.

I think I used the manual methid listed elsewhere on freek tab

And I do have a older version of \Market working.

Comment

I found one for 705x with everything working. Just got it installed but so far works like a champ, more speed too.

Comment

Ya, this is a SUPER old post. haven't seen limez since I first joined here
                  Last edited by elektrik; 03-21-2014, 17:09.
                  https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

market

Originally posted by yapkot View Post
                    I found one for 705x with everything working. Just got it installed but so far works like a champ, more speed too.
                    Where did you find it?

Comment

Working...
                    X