Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(JustXBMC.Apk) For Me, (LibMedia.so Hack Ready), Which XBMC Are You Using Via Your CR11S/CS968

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by resansid View Post
    Hi Tech1. I loaded the Cloudnet rooted ROM and while most of the things worked my 2 issues remain the same. The xbmc which was pre-installed does not play with mx player but the default player. Infact the mx player wasn't even installed in that ROM. Anyways I installed the latest mx player 1.17.21 and despite that the xbmc wont play usng mx player. I then switched the xbmc to Justxbmcv4 and found the same issue persists. You mentioned there is a selection of players when I press tab or hold the mouse click. How do I invoke it? I tried regular wireless keyboard/mouse in addition to the default remote but dont see any player selection.
    The second issue of spdif passthrough remains the same even in this rom. I tried everything but only static sound. When I pause the movie and select the audio selection to Analog the sound comes back in prologic mode. So obviously th digital sound is not working on any ROM for this device yet. I eve tried the librkffplayer.so in addition to libmedia.so just to try but no use.
    The spdif passthough works with even the dts mode when I play a file from a network samba drive so obviously issue is with xbmc playing alone. Any more tips you can think of for me to try? Kndly advise. Thanks.
    Sir, I'm sorry you are have problems, but you are going about this wrong ... First of all, I never ever told anybody the MX Player was pre-installed in the ROM ... Next thing the XBMC version that's preinstalled in the ROM came from Cloudnetgo it's very old, therefore it's best to delete it ... The MX player must be installed from the Google play store ... Using the JustXBMC.apk in post # 1 above to envoke the drop menu, you must press/hold the cursor on a "Movie Title", just like in the photo above .... Digital audio Settings must be set in two places, in the main Settings area for your Android TV box and for the justXBMC in the audio Settings area ... I have no problems playing DTS audio, works like a charm ... If you continue to have problem please get back with me ASAP ...

Comment

Detail Audio Settings

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
      Sir, I'm sorry you are have problems, but you are going about this wrong ... First of all, I never ever told anybody the MX Player was pre-installed in the ROM ... Next thing the XBMC version that's preinstalled in the ROM came from Cloudnetgo it's very old, therefore it's best to delete it ... The MX player must be installed from the Google play store ... Using the JustXBMC.apk in post # 1 above to envoke the drop menu, you must press/hold the cursor on a "Movie Title", just like in the photo above .... Digital audio Settings must be set in two places, in the main Settings area for your Android TV box and for the justXBMC in the audio Settings area ... I have no problems playing DTS audio, works like a charm ... If you continue to have problem please get back with me ASAP ...
      Hi Tech1 your DTS audio is it coming from HDMI or the Optical to your receiver? My receiver has no HDMI so I am stuck with Optical and have to make it work?
      Regarding the MX player selection I will try again tonight with the original remote by holding the cursor and see what happens.
      As for the Audio settings here is what I have done in detail so please correct me if I missed anything.

Android Settings: Under Sound:
      i hv sound input device = rk29rk1000, checked by default, cant uncheck this.
      sound output device =
      rk29_rk1000,
      rockship-spdif,
      rk29_rk1000 &
      rockchip-spdif,
      rockchip-spdif passthrough,
      rk29_rk1000 passthrough

Here I am selecting the rockchip-spdif passthrough

Under XBMC settings: System
      Audio Output: optical/Coax
      Speaker Configuration: 5.1
      DTS capable and Dolby Digital AC3 capable: Checked
      Audio Output Device: Android, Audiotrack
      Passthrough Output device: Libmedia hack by Stafstrom enabled

Under Video Player settings while playing a movie
      Speaker Configuration: 5.1
      Audio Output: Optical/Coax

I have these settings as above in 3 different places. Am I missing something else here.
      Is there any other place where I have select digital sound. Kindly advise.
      Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Install the new link MX player ONLY ...! Yes, it has the Libmedia.so hack, it has the 1080p kernel too ... I'm using the 1080p ROM on my CS986, I think it the best of all the ROMs for the CS968, including the custom ROM ...
        Am bit confused here,
        1) are u using the cloudnet rom which has 1080p (CR11S_cloudnetgo_ap6210_1080p_20131019_update.img ) which is for 2mp model ?
        2. Does this rom have by default libmedia.so hack ?
        3. After deleting the stock xbmc, then install ur justxbmcv4.apk ?
        4. Then install mx player from google play stores. (shd i d/l the custom codec too ? )
        5. Set the audio settings in android and justxbmc.
        6. should i copy playercorefactory.xml to justxbmc data folder ? to get mx player as default player ?

Comment

Originally posted by hanu_blr View Post
          Am bit confused here,
          1) are u using the cloudnet rom which has 1080p (CR11S_cloudnetgo_ap6210_1080p_20131019_update.img ) which is for 2mp model ?
          4. Then install mx player from google play stores. (shd i d/l the custom codec too ? )
          6. should i copy playercorefactory.xml to justxbmc data folder ? to get mx player as default player ?
          1. I am using the ROM from here

2. This ROM claims to have the libmedia.so hack built in as confirmed by Tech1.
          3. Yes
          4. Yes. I installed the mx player armv7 codec.
          5. This is where I am having issues. Please see my posts and Tech 1's above. No 5.1 success yet on optical.
          6. Not needed as per Tech1. When we hold the cursor it should give us slection to use External MXPlayer. Though I am tempted to still hack it so mx player becomes the default player for xbmc. But I have to resolve the 5.1 sound passthrough issue first.

My device is only 1 day old & havent tried the camera yet. If you have any further tips on optical setup please help me.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hanu_blr View Post
            Am bit confused here,
            Who gave you the info to copy the playercorefactory.xml to the JustXBMC ... Where did this come from ...? I don't know about the Libmedia.so hack in the 20131019 ROM build ... Install the new custom codecs for the MX Player also ... Delete the pre-installed XBMC ...Set the audio settings in android and justxbmc .... I'm testing right now the new Cloudnetgo 2mp 1080p ROM dated 20131205 .... I might upload this ROM today with the Libmedia.so hack and pre-rooted ....

Comment

Who gave you the info to copy the playercorefactory.xml to the JustXBMC ... Where did this come from ...? I don't know about the Libmedia.so hack in the 20131019 ROM build ... Install the new custom codecs for the MX Player also ... Delete the pre-installed XBMC ...Set the audio settings in android and justxbmc .... I'm testing right now the new Cloudnetgo 2mp 1080p ROM dated 20131205 .... I might upload this ROM today with the Libmedia.so hack and pre-rooted ....
              Hi Tech1, Thanks for good work and I am looking forward to your updated rom. Is it possible you can make mx player as the default player on xbmc? If you plan on loading xbmc to your rom it will be good for all users. Regarding playercore it has successfully replaced default xbmc player to mx player as default in Frodo 12.2 in the past, means it can also be achieved with Justxbmc. I have used xbmc with my MK808B with his setup and have always played content from mx player by default. This was achieved by modifying the playercorefactory.xml, thats how I got this info. As for audio part I hope the libmedia.so fix in your new rom fixes my issue.

Comment

Hi Tech1, Thanks for good work and I am looking forward to your updated rom. Is it possible you can make mx player as the default player on xbmc? If you plan on loading xbmc to your rom it will be good for all users. Regarding playercore it has successfully replaced default xbmc player to mx player as default in Frodo 12.2 in the past, means it can also be achieved with Justxbmc. I have used xbmc with my MK808B with his setup and have always played content from mx player by default. This was achieved by modifying the playercorefactory.xml, thats how I got this info. As for audio part I hope the libmedia.so fix in your new rom fixes my issue.
                Oh! ok, my bad(lol) ..! I understand what your are saying now, but in the JustXBMC.apk you choose which player to use, the MX Player or the built in XBMC player ... I'm uploading the ROM now ...!

Comment

My test, so far

Performance:

720p = Perfect.
                  1080p = Much better than original XBMC but NOT perfect, audio gets desyncronized and lost frames (affects subs)

Overall:

Less crashes, more fast and has SuperRepo! but not all the plugins works as I spect.
                  The "Select Player" option (MX or Default) is not working, perhaps and old justXBMC or my ignorance

My opinion:
                  It´s a really good start.

Comment

Originally posted by adionesis View Post
                    My test, so far

Performance:

720p = Perfect.
                    1080p = Much better than original XBMC but NOT perfect, audio gets desyncronized and lost frames (affects subs)

Overall:

Less crashes, more fast and has SuperRepo! but not all the plugins works as I spect.
                    The "Select Player" option (MX or Default) is not working, perhaps and old justXBMC or my ignorance

My opinion:
                    Thanks for confirming I thought I am the only one who couldnt see the player selection issue. As for 1080p files skipping frames I noticed it a little bit but I attributed that to lack of hardware acceleration in other players. But overall I think we have to wait for further improvements before we will be fully satisfied with this device.

Comment

My test, so far

Performance:

720p = Perfect.

Overall:

My opinion:
                      I just tested the MX player/Default player drop menu and it's working ... I don't have any skipped frames with the MX Player ... Now I am using the newly released 1080p 2mp stock ROM 20131205 ...

Comment

Thanks for confirming I thought I am the only one who couldnt see the player selection issue. As for 1080p files skipping frames I noticed it a little bit but I attributed that to lack of hardware acceleration in other players. But overall I think we have to wait for further improvements before we will be fully satisfied with this device.
                        I totally agree with you.

Comment

I just tested the MX player/Default player drop menu and it's working ... I don't have any skipped frames with the MX Player ... Now I am using the newly released 1080p 2mp stock ROM 20131205 ...
                          I Just test the justXBMC with the stock ROM, XM player works perfect in 1080p, I was talking about the justXBMC default player.

Btw: XM Player plays my Camcorder files (AVC-1080p-25mbps) but skipping frames and stop working, I think is the hardware of the device is not enough for this kind of format.

Comment

I Just test the justXBMC with the stock ROM, XM player works perfect in 1080p, I was talking about the justXBMC default player.

Btw: XM Player plays my Camcorder files (AVC-1080p-25mbps) but skipping frames and stop working, I think is the hardware of the device is not enough for this kind of format.
                            Are you using the HW decoding settings, and the codecs for the MX Player (Neon) at the Play Store, plus the newly released custom codecs ...?

Comment

Are you using the HW decoding settings, and the codecs for the MX Player (Neon) at the Play Store, plus the newly released custom codecs ...?
                              Yes for the HW decoding, No for the custom codecs, but now I will. Thanks for the advice.
                              Last edited by adionesis; 12-19-2013, 19:44. Reason: reformulate the response

Comment

TV01 (cs968)

Just received my TV01 (cs968) from greekbuying yesterday. I am also having trouble getting surround sound of of hdmi to receiver from Justxbmc. I have been using my T428 with finless rom 1.8 (neo x7) and Justxmbc. That set up worked perfectly for me, no problem at all with 5.1 dolby passthrough. I installed justxbmc v4 on my new TV01, but can't get the passthrough from it. I do get hdmi passthrough using the stock player and mx player, playing from my Synology NAS. Btw, Synology has some great apps for android. Thier video app plays just fine with either player with hdmi passthrough. The original firmware was awfull, kept rebooting every five minutes, so I have tried almost every rom you guys have posted here. The only decent one I have found is TVDroid_v.0.2_htc_t018_ap6210_20131203_PRE_ROOTED NEXUS7.img. Everything seems to work with this rom, except the xbmc hdmi passthrough. Of course it is a pain to have to keep changing the sound output everytime this things reboots. And it does reboot quite often, but not as bad as the original roms.
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X