Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT7D12F

Hello all,

I just got a Nextbook and want to try a ROM that has the Market. I've been looking around the forums, but haven't found anything that fits the model exactly, but then again I'm new to this so don't really know what I'm looking for! I really like the tablet, but miss the Market!

I've seen Fin's ROMs but I'm confused about if it will work. Haven't seen any that match the YF... and haven't seen any that are listed as 7D.. My specs are below.

Next7D12F
    YF091203991
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel 3.0.8+
    Build V1.0.2.IMM76D.eng.root.20120828.19495_HW:1.0.0.0

I don't know really what all that means, but there it is.

If I flash, will I still have Android 4.0.4? Will it have Market? Can I even flash at all?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much for your time.

Sincerely,
    Jason

Rom update.

So is your tab a premium 7se? If that was on the box there is a rom for it. Just search this site for next7p12. Detailed instructions on how to flash new rom and how to copy stock rom. There is also info on rooting and installing google play. (GAPPS) Finless rom for next7p12 is a great rom...... good luck. Have fun and make sure to read threads from start to finish, it will help when you start. Follow Finless threads.

Comment

Thanks for responding.

Yes, the box says a Premium 7se, but I was confused because of the 7D12F on the tab itself. It has bluetooth so I wanted to make sure that a new ROM would support that too. If it doesn't work is there a way to flash it back to factory? I've trolled the forums, but my head seems to be swimming with all the jargon!

Thanks!
      Jason

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

Bluetooth? Not sure on that. Best bet is to send message to Finless. You will probably have to do a rom dump so he can look at it... Best of luck. :thumbup: Just keep asking. Your in the right place.

KID™IDAHO Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, will do. I know Fin's busy, as you all are, so didn't want to go right out and send him a PM. I don't know how to do a ROM dump, but I'm pretty resourceful so I'll see about getting one to him.

The tablet seemed like a pretty good deal. Got it for about $100. The 1GB ram, 8G storage, dual core CPU, bluetooth, 3000mah battery, are some of the perks that caught my eye. Thing's blazing fast. Box says "manufactured in September 2012" so it's definitely one of the newer ones.

Thanks,
          Jason

Comment

Hmmmm if it is dual core it maybe RK3066. Yes a ROM dump is needed. See this post here for how to do it.

Forget the rkdump tool it wont work on rk3066. Read later in there and you can see how to do it with DD or in linux if you have that.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yes, your right on the chip.

Here is a link to the tab (I didn't get it from here, but it shows specs).

I'll work on the rom dump. (Figuring out how to install the JDK now... learning about the PATH variable lol).

Thanks!!
              Jason

Comment

rkdump

Ok... first of all, thanks so much for everything so far! I've installed the android and java sdk, added the device, modded ini files and learned all about the PATH variable. Fun learning curve!

I'm now at the last step for the rom dump, but, alas, my sdcard hasn't come in the mail yet! Is there a way to get the image put on the device's internal memory so I can get it to you?

"/data/rkdump/dev/block/mtdblock5/sdcard/update.img" says "not found". I presume this is due to no sdcard present. I tried putting it somewhere else, but I really have no idea where that path is anyway.

I know I should probably wait until the card comes, but I'm too excited! I know I can't flash anything without the sdcard, but at least I can get things set up to hit the ground running when it gets here.

Again, thanks so much for all the help!!
                Jason

Comment

rkdump wont work on RK30 devices. So you have to to it the harder way.
                  ADB using DD or Linux using the rkflash utilities. It's all in that long post I gave you on how to do it for each style. I wish someone would make a new rkdump for rk3066 but I have not found one.

Bob

Comment

I'm willing to have a look at making a ROM for this if you can get an image either pulled from the tab of from the manufacturer.
                    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      rkdump wont work on RK30 devices. So you have to to it the harder way.
                      ADB using DD or Linux using the rkflash utilities. It's all in that long post I gave you on how to do it for each style. I wish someone would make a new rkdump for rk3066 but I have not found one.

Bob
                      Yeah, after re-reading your post I realized that the rkdump wouldn't work. I'll do the DD thing. Thanks for being patient with me. Twenty-four hours ago I had no idea what any of this stuff was.

A couple of more questions:

1. How do I change the directory to where the img file is saved if I don't use an sdcard yet? I'm not sure where to find the dir structure, e.g. can I save it in a directory on the tabs internal mem and then navigate from my pc? How?

2. I am saving "cache" as the img, right? E.g. if I do a cat /proc/mtd to find what I have, then I want to save which one?

(example only)
                      mtd0: 00400000 00004000 "misc"
                      mtd1: 00800000 00004000 "kernel"
                      mtd2: 01000000 00004000 "boot"
                      mtd3: 01000000 00004000 "recovery"
                      mtd4: 1e000000 00004000 "backup"
                      mtd5: 07400000 00004000 "cache"
                      mtd6: 20000000 00004000 "userdata"
                      mtd7: 00400000 00004000 "kpanic"
                      mtd8: 1cc00000 00004000 "system"
                      mtd9: 89400000 00004000 "user"

Once I get this info, hopefully others can benefit from the rom dump, too. I haven't done anything to the tab but load an ereader, so it should be a "stock" rom dump (if I understand that right).

Thanks again,
                      Jason

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

It's backup we need :-)
                        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Successful?

Ok, I *think* I did it.

After finding out that the mtd4 is the "backup" using the cat proc command, and sifting through how to do basic stuff, I used the following command:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/sdcard/backup.img bs=4096

It sat there for awhile, and then came up with:

98304+0 records in
                          98304+0 records out
                          402653184 bytes transferred in 76.544 secs

then gave me back the # prompt.

When I found the backup.img on the tab, it was 384mb! Is that right? I have it copied to my desktop now.

Anyway, I was going to upload it here, but thought that might be too big to do so.

Am I on the right track?

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
                            Ok, I *think* I did it.

After finding out that the mtd4 is the "backup" using the cat proc command, and sifting through how to do basic stuff, I used the following command:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/sdcard/backup.img bs=4096

It sat there for awhile, and then came up with:

98304+0 records in
                            98304+0 records out
                            402653184 bytes transferred in 76.544 secs

then gave me back the # prompt.

When I found the backup.img on the tab, it was 384mb! Is that right? I have it copied to my desktop now.

Anyway, I was going to upload it here, but thought that might be too big to do so.

Am I on the right track?
                            I bet YOU GOT IT MAN..... Please upload to dropbox or something and let me look at it. If it is good, 900SuperSport can really cook you guys up a good ROM.

Bob

Comment

Rom Dump

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              I bet YOU GOT IT MAN..... Please upload to dropbox or something and let me look at it. If it is good, 900SuperSport can really cook you guys up a good ROM.

Bob
                              Woohoo!

Here's the link:

I don't even know how to view it myself!

Let me know if this works.

This is a great tablet so far with alot of features, cheap too! Thanks for taking a look at this Bob and Supersport! Let me know what else I can do. Getting this far makes me want to try and look at it myself!!

Thanks for all your hard work.
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X