• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the ROM working out.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      How's the ROM working out.
      Beautifully.

The spontaneous reboot was due to the SD card. I ran it with no card in for a couple days, and had no trouble at all. I put in an 8G card, FAT32, and it ran fine. I then put in the 32G NTFS, and it started acting up again. I did a FULL format on the 32G NTFS, and haven't had a problem. I chalk it up to a poorly formatted (quick format) of the 32G of NTFS.

So, the bottom line is this: If you have a NEXT 7D12F, and want an awesome ROM on a great spec'd and inexpensive tab, download this ROM, do a full format on your SD card and then have fun.

Great job Supersport!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
        Beautifully.

The spontaneous reboot was due to the SD card. I ran it with no card in for a couple days, and had no trouble at all. I put in an 8G card, FAT32, and it ran fine. I then put in the 32G NTFS, and it started acting up again. I did a FULL format on the 32G NTFS, and haven't had a problem. I chalk it up to a poorly formatted (quick format) of the 32G of NTFS.

So, the bottom line is this: If you have a NEXT 7D12F, and want an awesome ROM on a great spec'd and inexpensive tab, download this ROM, do a full format on your SD card and then have fun.

Great job Supersport!!!
        I have been following this thread. I have my NEXT7D12 now, so jw can you provide the exact steps and links to the rom. I have been using the amazon ap store. Kinda sucks, bur now I want more from my tab. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Here's the link to the ROM kit

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post38621

This should see you sorted. Happy to help if you have any issues. JW ended up changing to stock recovery rather than CWM as this sorted out a few issues with files systems. I'd advise trying CWM, and once you are flashed check memory etc, if your a long way short of the 8 gig (soem always taken up by the ROM and some reserved for apps) then try the stock recovery.
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

You beat me to posting the link Supersport!

The link to the download is the final version with Clockwork Recovery Mod. I flashed this succesfully, but ran into trouble with my external sdcard and had to flash another time with the stock recovery. I've been running that ever since. I'd flash with no card at first.

As for getting into flash mode and such, I posted my steps on roughly page 2 of this thread. I'd post a direct link but I'm still getting used to this tapatalk app!

Pretty easy flash as Supersport cooked up a great ROM for us! We have full use of all hardware of the tab, rooted with google play.

Let me know if you need help.

Sent from my EBM727KC using Tapatalk 2

Comment

See post 33 for entering flash mode
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok flash went well. Now i am getting the Damaged Storage icon. I click on it and it says: "Unfortunately, System UI stopped. Where did i foul up at?

Comment

Originally posted by redneck View Post
                  Ok flash went well. Now i am getting the Damaged Storage icon. I click on it and it says: "Unfortunately, System UI stopped. Where did i foul up at?
                  I had to rename the recovery.img to recovery.old and then renamed the recovery.img.orig to recovery.img. I reflashed and the problem went away. So far so good.

Comment

I'll update the Rom kit so it comes like this. Thanks for the feedback.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I had to rename the recovery.img to recovery.old and then renamed the recovery.img.orig to recovery.img. I reflashed and the problem went away. So far so good.
                      Yep, same thing happened with me. Running with original recovery.img seems to be the best for now, confirmed by your flash.

Have you had any issues running an external SD card?

Thanks Supersport for updating the ROM kit for others. I wish I knew more about the magic you wield to help you!

Comment

Hey this one is easy, rename a few files zip and upload.

If you want to learn about cooking roms we have some good threads on freaktab.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
                          Yep, same thing happened with me. Running with original recovery.img seems to be the best for now, confirmed by your flash.

Have you had any issues running an external SD card?

Thanks Supersport for updating the ROM kit for others. I wish I knew more about the magic you wield to help you!
                          For some strnge reason my win 7 box would not formt my 32 gb sd to ntfs,so I formatted fat32. It seems to be doing ok. Love this little tablet. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a cheaper tab with bt. Thanks a million to Supersport for his continuing efforts. Thanks to you JW for the testing.

Comment

For some strnge reason my win 7 box would not formt my 32 gb sd to ntfs,so I formatted fat32. It seems to be doing ok. Love this little tablet. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a cheaper tab with bt. Thanks a million to Supersport for his continuing efforts. Thanks to you JW for the testing.
                            Hmm... don't know about not being able to format NTFS. I just right click and format, and I choose the file system on the options. The card was FAT32 by default, but I was told that NTFS seems to play nicer with tabs. Either way it's working now so I don't want to fix what isn't broken.

Yes, I love this tab, too. It was cheap, and it has great memory, speed, and bluetooth! Highly recommended, WITH this ROM of course!! Thanks again Supersport!

Comment

download link is down

download link is down when i try to download the rom I get this:

<tree>
                              <message type="SUCCESS"/>
                              <require_auth/>
                              </tree>

sorry for my very bad english

Comment

Are you downloading from this thread.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X