NEXT7D12F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEXT7D12F

Check if the drivers are included in the stock firmware.

I'll post again later
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      Check if the drivers are included in the stock firmware.
      I checked the Nextbook site, and they have downloads for 0911... but not 0912 (which is what I have). I'm not sure how to find out if the drivers are on my tablet, but I'll keep looking. If you have an direction I can go, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for your work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
        I'm ready.

Looking for how to get into flash mode. Don't know where to go for "drivers" but I'll look around.
        connect tab to pc. press both volume buttons at same time and hold, insert clip into reset hole till it clicks ( you will feel it) then release clip. pc should be dinging with these actions. release volume buttons. screen should be black on tab. if no vol buttons use the same proceedure with your power button. rk tool should say found rk device..... now your ready for flashing. i was flashing and reflashing 2-3 times aday getting things the way i wanted. SAVE YOUR BACKUP ROM YOU DUMPED.

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

Was forgetting for a moment this was from your Rom backup. I'll see if I can get something up tonight. Will include drivers that should work.
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

OK, here's a basic ROM kit. This is just your backup.img split up into separate images. Drivers are included.

ROM Kit
            • Put the tab into flash mode
            • connect to the PC
            • install the drivers
            • start the flash tool and it should detect the tab
            • eraseIDB
            • flash

If you can flash this successfully we can build a ROM.

Remember this is not without it's dangers.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok,

I *think* I have the tab in flash mode. I pressed both volume buttons, power and pressed the reset button on back (you have to be an octopus to do all that). The screen has an android on his back with a panel open and a red exclamation triangle on top.

I opened up the zip file you posted, and went to the drivers dir, x86 (I'm running Win7) and found the ini file. I right clicked to install and it tells me that the inf file doesn't support this installation. I also tried the x64 just to be sure.

At this point, with the tab in supposed flash mode, the PC doesn't recognize it.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
                Ok,

I *think* I have the tab in flash mode. I pressed both volume buttons, power and pressed the reset button on back (you have to be an octopus to do all that). The screen has an android on his back with a panel open and a red exclamation triangle on top.

I opened up the zip file you posted, and went to the drivers dir, x86 (I'm running Win7) and found the ini file. I right clicked to install and it tells me that the inf file doesn't support this installation. I also tried the x64 just to be sure.

At this point, with the tab in supposed flash mode, the PC doesn't recognize it.

What am I doing wrong?
                I think you are in recovery mode :-).

hold power for 10 seconds and it should turn off.

connect usb not power
                press and hold vol + (try - if + does not work)
                press power for 4 seconds and release
                release vol

screen should be black, PC should detect it.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I think you are in recovery mode :-).

hold power for 10 seconds and it should turn off.

connect usb not power
                  press and hold vol + (try - if + does not work)
                  press power for 4 seconds and release
                  release vol

screen should be black, PC should detect it.
                  Tried these steps 3 times exactly as above, but PC doesn't detect it. I can turn on the tab and the PC detects it by itself as usual, but I doubt it's in flash mode. The rktool says no device found.

Comment

Have you tried post 33?
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok. Went through it again (thank you for your patience with me).

Held both volume buttons, then hit reset.
                      Screen went black.
                      PC said device not found.
                      Went to Device Mgr and installed the driver from your zip file.
                      Device found and loaded as RK30.
                      Found RKAndroid Loader rock usb.

Ready to proceed?

Comment

Success?

Ok,

I did it. Erased IDB, Flashed.

It rebooted, had some yellow script I didn't get a chance to read as it went by too fast.

Then came up and is the same screen as it was factory. It's in the "Startup Wizard".

Successful? (Not bricked, so I'm hopeful).

Comment

Ok you're ready to flash.

Now a last warning, flashing can go wrong.

if you want to go forwards from the flash tool clear the check boxes on everything but kernel and flash.

The tab should reboot, if it does select boot and recovery and flash. Again if successful select system and flash.

Let me know how this goes if you decide to progress and I'll upload some new files tomorrow and we can start making progress.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok you're ready to flash.

Now a last warning, flashing can go wrong.

if you want to go forwards from the flash tool clear the check boxes on everything but kernel and flash.

The tab should reboot, if it does select boot and recovery and flash. Again if successful select system and flash.

Let me know how this goes if you decide to progress and I'll upload some new files tomorrow and we can start making progress.
                            Oops.. my excitement got the better of me and I flashed a wee bit more than what you just posted.

Everything was checked but the first box. It flashed and rebooted on its own, and is now at the startup wizard.

Shall I do again?

Comment

No go through the start-up wizard and you should be good.

Tomorrow we will start working on getting a custom ROM.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Whew... scared me.

So, what did all that just do?

Comment

Working...
                                X