NEXT7D12F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEXT7D12F

Downloading. I'm working late tonight bust should be able o take a look Thursday evening. All being well I'll have a ROM available at the weekend.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Damn, I was int he middle of downloading it and it quit. Now it says too much traffic

I did not know Dropbox would actually do that?

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Damn, I was int he middle of downloading it and it quit. Now it says too much traffic

I did not know Dropbox would actually do that?

Bob
        Search me! I've never used Dropbox before now. Let me know if there's a better way to get it out there.

EDIT: Just got a notification for excessive traffic myself! Says the file is suspended for public use for 3 days! I might be able to put it on my own FTP server. Let me know.

Comment

Supersport may have got it so lets wait to see what he says.
          I was just going to check the dump and see if it was OK.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yes I should have it on my tab.
            900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Backup.img download

I tried another service. Haven't tried them before, but they claim no bandwidth limits...

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Hopefully that works for you, Bob. I also hope Brian got his dl completed before they shut down the file!

Thanks,
              Jason

Comment

Yes I have the image, just unpacked it and looks promising.

Can you confirm the android version and resolution please?

Thanks
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

So we have 800 x 480 resolution and ICS? What's good and what's bad about this ROM?

I'll put together a basic ROM kit with separate Kernel, boot, CWM and rooted system. if that works we can move onto market fixes and init.d support and maybe mounting system rw by default.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                    So we have 800 x 480 resolution and ICS? What's good and what's bad about this ROM?

I'll put together a basic ROM kit with separate Kernel, boot, CWM and rooted system. if that works we can move onto market fixes and init.d support and maybe mounting system rw by default.
                    Yes, it's 800x480 and Android 4.0.4. (Says on the box)

What's good/bad? Not sure what you mean, specifically. I was happy to find a tab that had bluetooth and speed. The tablet is great as it is (like the ICS, etc), except for not having market. As for init.d, mounting, etc, to be honest I don't know what that means. I'm hoping for something that will allow market while still keeping the hardware features (i.e. bluetooth), and maybe allowing me to adjust the wifi polling to get better battery life (did I say that right?).

Thanks so much for checking this out and for working on it. I can give you more information on the specs if you need them; just let me know what you're looking for.

Thanks again!!

Comment

OK so root first, then market/play to start with. Once you have that then there's lots you can do.
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

OK so root first, then market/play to start with. Once you have that then there's lots you can do.
                        Yes' I have the feeling that there's a world of potential here that I'm not aware of. I'm open to learning and seeing whatever brainstorms you come up with.

Comment

OK got diverted at the weekend sorry, I've now done much of the work on this. I'll need some volunteers for testing on this.

Here's what I am looking for
                          • experience of flashing tabs including the NEXT7D12F
                          • willingness and to flash the tab many times and record the outcomes (not all will be successful)

So if you are up for the challenge then let me know, also can you confirm how to put the tab into flash mode.

Thanks
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

OK got diverted at the weekend sorry, I've now done much of the work on this. I'll need some volunteers for testing on this.

Here's what I am looking for
                            • experience of flashing tabs including the NEXT7D12F
                            • willingness and to flash the tab many times and record the outcomes (not all will be successful)

So if you are up for the challenge then let me know, also can you confirm how to put the tab into flash mode.

Thanks
                            I'm game, but I'm afraid I don't meet the first of your criteria: experience flashing tabs.

Three questions:
                            1. Will flashing a tablet cause damage if done multiple times?
                            2. If I make a mistake and "brick" the tablet, is it possible to flash it back to factory and start again?
                            3. Any risk of permanent damage?

Alas, I'm not sure of how to put the tab into flash mode, but I'll poke around and see if I can figure out how.

On another note, attached is some info about the tab that may be interesting, helpful, or gibberish.

General info about the tab (at the beginning of the thread, but placed here for convenience):

Next7D12F
                            YF091203991
                            Android 4.0.4
                            Kernel 3.0.8+
                            Build V1.0.2.IMM76D.eng.root.20120828.19495_HW:1.0.0.0

Thanks again for looking into this!!

Jason
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jwjensen View Post
                              I'm game, but I'm afraid I don't meet the first of your criteria: experience flashing tabs.

Three questions:
                              1. Will flashing a tablet cause damage if done multiple times?
                              2. If I make a mistake and "brick" the tablet, is it possible to flash it back to factory and start again?
                              3. Any risk of permanent damage?

Alas, I'm not sure of how to put the tab into flash mode, but I'll poke around and see if I can figure out how.

Jason
                              Answers
                              1 Yes there's a limit to the number of flashes that can be done but it's a large number so not really an issue.
                              2 in most cases this is quite easy, just a case of enter flash mode. In more serious cases you need to force a reset, this often involves research and screwdrivers.
                              3 always some risk but it's low on rk processors.

If you are up to it you need to find out how to enter flash mode and get the drivers set-up. It would be a good idea to download and flash the latest firmware.

Let me know if you are up for it and we will proceed.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

I'm ready.

Looking for how to get into flash mode. Don't know where to go for "drivers" but I'll look around.

Comment

Working...
                                X