Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    Hopefully this is the final ROM.

Can you download this to a separate location to the earlier ROM kits, then do a full flash (erase IDB) and let me know. It should boot to recovery, select reboot and it should reboot. First boot may report errors on storage, touch the notification and select format and you should be done.

ROM=> NEXT7D12F 900supersport 1.1 Beta

let me know how it goes. If it flashes, boots and runs as expected I'll Start a new thread anouncing the launch of the ROM and crediting you with the testing.
    Success!

What other testing is needed, if any?

Great work and THANK YOU Supersport!!

Comment

Just use it now , let me know of any problems.
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Ok, been testing and messing around.

The formatting of the SD Card to NTFS has stopped the sleep issue. You were right on that.

When going to the storage in settings, I noticed that there was no "Internal Storage". The tab should have 8GB. When choosing "Mount storage" under "Internal storage" I get a notification saying "Damaged Storage", then another notification saying "Unofortunately, System UI has stopped." Choosing "OK" exits the settings screen and brings me to a blank tablet. After a few moments, the background comes back.

To sum up, it looks like the internal storage isn't being recognized. Maybe a simple reformat of the internal storage? If so, how do I do this?

Again, a HUGE THANK YOU, Supersport!!

Comment

No internal memory

Still exploring the tab...

When using a file explorer, it says "Internal memory has been removed".

Thoughts?

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

Normally on boot if there s a problem with internal storage a notification is generated on boot. Touching this gives an option to format. If you have no luck with this I'll look to see if we can do this through clockwork.
            900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Normally on boot if there s a problem with internal storage a notification is generated on boot. Touching this gives an option to format. If you have no luck with this I'll look to see if we can do this through clockwork.
              Been looking around but can't see any options for reformatting. The system seems a little "finicky" as it has spontaneously rebooted a few times. I can't seem to find a pattern. I've removed the SD Card, but, again, not sure if this is a culprit. A few apps cause a "System UI has stopped" message, and I'm *guessing* that it might be trying to write to internal memory to no avail, gets confused and crashes.

Time to open up the terminal?

Comment

I take it you still cannot fix this through settings?

Petrus has an app over on the app developers forum that includes some disk functions. May be worth a look.

900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks. I checked the thread (and search for related topics), but didn't find anything that quite fits.

When you said that the tab would notify on boot about storage, I must have missed it before, but it does. In lower right corner it says, "Damaged storage" and I got hopeful for tapping that for an option, but again I get the "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped."

I've been searching for other solutions, and see something about tab's "mountpoints" and them being confused between sd and nand. Still learning about all this, but could there be a link here?

Comment

Two other options

In clockwork recovery select mounts and storage, then look at the format options, maybe data. If it goes bad then re-flash.

Second option do a full flash but with stick recovery. Once you have confirmed everything is good re storage you could then flash just recovery.

Off to work now so won't be on much for the next 12 hours.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ghost in the machine

Two other options

In clockwork recovery select mounts and storage, then look at the format options, maybe data. If it goes bad then re-flash.

Second option do a full flash but with stick recovery. Once you have confirmed everything is good re storage you could then flash just recovery.

Off to work now so won't be on much for the next 12 hours.
                      Didn't see too many options in clockwork. Either I don't know how to get there properly or, well, that's probably it. I did a full re-flash after erasing IDB, which dropped me into recovery with 3 options only. I chose the first one for system reboot. (Didn't have any mount options, and don't know what "stick recovery" is.) Still have the problem. Says I have damaged memory and I should reformat. Interestingly, my memory numbers have changed. I now have 4G total memory (down from 8G), and no internal storage at all. This is a stark contrast to numbers listed in post 107.

I thought about re-flashing to stock and see what happens, but wanted to check with you first. I don't want to "over-flash" the tab, if such a thing is possible.

Still keep getting "System UI has stopped" messages doing various tasks, spontaneous reboots and even the speaker started screaming white noise at me!

Don't quite know what to make of all this...
                      Last edited by jwjensen; 12-03-2012, 15:52.

Comment

The menus scroll.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

The menus scroll.
                          Had plenty of room on the screen so didn't try that. Give me a hint on how to get to the clockwork mod? Only place I've seen it is when doing a full flash. Going to terminal and doing a reboot recovery just hangs the screen.

Comment

Petrus has a reboot apk in the app devs forum, try that.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

If you cannot get into recovery then I would advise a full flash from the later romkit but with the stock recovery.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

If you cannot get into recovery then I would advise a full flash from the later romkit but with the stock recovery.
                                Ok, ended up doing a flash with stock recovery. Tab came back fine. Shall I flash recovery only with the latest kit?

What happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X