No announcement yet.

NEXT7D12F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've uploaded a system.img and parameter files see post 50 for the download and instructions. This is a simpler system.img. Tt should give us root and if it boots ok we can then see about adding play.

Link to download

let me know how it goes.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      i've uploaded a system.img and parameter files see post 50 for the download and instructions. This is a simpler system.img. Tt should give us root and if it boots ok we can then see about adding play.

Link to download

let me know how it goes.
      Flashed successfully, but when it rebooted the computer said "Unable to load device driver." I didn't think this was a big deal, but then the tab hangs on the boot screen. Waited for about 5 minutes, forced power off by holding the button, but came back to a hang.

Had a harder time getting back into flash mode (usually press "down volume" and reset, but only would go if pressing BOTH volume buttons and reset), but I was able to finally get it in mode and reflashed to stock. Don't know if this last bit of information is important, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

Thanks, looks like a step backwards rather than forwards. I'll have another try later.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Shall I try again with the same rom? What are the chances that it was a "mis-flash" if there is such a thing?

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

By all means they again but it does not sound to me like bad flash.

I'm going to make up a new system.img that is basically the stock system.img with some free space and root. We'll see if that will flash and boot.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

NEXT7D12F

I have purchased on of these devices recently and am anticipating the results of this thread. I have been googleing and have found these two sites. Is it as easy as the first site? Keep up the good work.

Link to Amazon Appstore for Android:

Comment

OK I know what's wrong with the last system.img. I uploaded a completely blank system.img, I'm an idiot

Uploading the corrected files.zip

My apologies for the wasted time.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok I uploaded the system.img I meant to upload yesterday, see post 50 for the instructions. This is a simpler system.img. It should give us root and if it boots ok we can then see about adding play.

Link to download

Let me know how it goes. BTW can you describe the images that display during the boot sequence?

Once again my apologies for yesterdays mistake.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Success

Ok I uploaded the system.img I meant to upload yesterday, see post 50 for the instructions. This is a simpler system.img. It should give us root and if it boots ok we can then see about adding play.

Link to download

Let me know how it goes. BTW can you describe the images that display during the boot sequence?

Once again my apologies for yesterdays mistake.
                    Looks good.

Startup screen was a cool looking new startup screen that said freaktab.com at the lower right and your android icon at upper left. I'm sure it looks familiar. I took a screenshot of it with my phone if you'd like to see it.

Loaded into settings fine, set wifi fine, had full keyboard and it seems just as fast if not faster than it was stock.

Nice work!!

What next?

Comment

Hey this is easy when I'm not stupid

As I remember you don't have play installed, also clockwork recovery might be nice.
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Hey this is easy when I'm not stupid

As I remember you don't have play installed, also clockwork recovery might be nice.
                        lol indeed. Glad you're feeling better!

No play or CRU yet. What does it have with this flash now that it didn't before, other than a really cool load screen?

Comment

go to your 900supersport folder and
                          • rename boot.img boot.img.orig
                          • then download boot and recovery, unzip and place them into the 900supersportROM folder

Download boot and recovery

Now start the flash tool and clear all the checks but boot and flash. This should flash just boot. Let me know if this works please.

If the tab does not boot then again goto the 900supersportrom folder and this time
                          • rename boot.img boot90ss.img
                          • rename boot.img.orig boot.img
                          • flash just boot.

While you are doing this I'll consider the next steps.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

go to your 900supersport folder and
                            • rename boot.img boot.img.orig
                            • then download boot and recovery, unzip and place them into the 900supersportROM folder

Download boot and recovery

Now start the flash tool and clear all the checks but boot and flash. This should flash just boot. Let me know if this works please.

If the tab does not boot then again goto the 900supersportrom folder and this time
                            • rename boot.img boot90ss.img
                            • rename boot.img.orig boot.img
                            • flash just boot.

While you are doing this I'll consider the next steps.
                            So far so good. It flashed FAST. I was expecting another 30s flashtime. Looks like "SuperSU" is now in the app screen.

It went the first time, so didn't have to go through, "If the tab does not boot..." etc.

Comment

Do you have any way of installing apks on the nextbook? would be good to get esfileexplorer installed.

I think you have astro, if so can you use it to mount system rw?

Soon I think it will be time for me to create a new ROM kit making use of what I have learnt so far.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Do you have any way of installing apks on the nextbook? would be good to get esfileexplorer installed.

I think you have astro, if so can you use it to mount system rw?

Soon I think it will be time for me to create a new ROM kit making use of what I have learnt so far.
                                I have ApkInstaller and Astro. Don't know how to mount system in root, but I'll open and find out. When going to SuperSU, it asks if I want to update binaries. Should I even mess with this yet?

EDIT: Looked at Astro, but didn't really know what you mean by mounting system rw. Will you explain?

Comment

Working...
                                X