No announcement yet.

NEXT7D12F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With what you have said you have just flashed the stock rom onto your tab.

We will need to be more careful tomorrow though.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      With what you have said you have just flashed the stock rom onto your tab.

We will need to be more careful tomorrow though.
      LMAO. Ok, I will be more mindful next time. Again, I can't thank you enough for the help (and patience)!

Comment

Re: NEXT7D12F

No problem, if I wasn't full of cold I'd be keen to push on a bit further tonight. We'll be looking to change system.IMG tomorrow to get root and hopefully play.
        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

No problem, if I wasn't full of cold I'd be keen to push on a bit further tonight. We'll be looking to change system.IMG tomorrow to get root and hopefully play.
          I hope you feel better!

Comment

Ok let's see if we can move forwards a little.

first goto the 900supersportROM folder
            • rename parameter parameter.old
            • rename system.img system.img.old
            • download this
            • unzip and place the files into the 900supersportROM folder
            • put the tab into flash mode and connect
            • erase idb
            • do a full flash
            hopefully the tab will and your now rooted with play. Let me know, if this works then well add a few tweaks tomorrow.

Files updated 30 Nov 12
            Last edited by 900supersport; 11-30-2012, 20:10. Reason: link updated
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok let's see if we can move forwards a little.

first goto the 900supersportROM folder
              • rename parameter parameter.old
              • rename system.img system.img.old
              • download this
              • unzip and place the files into the 900supersportROM folder
              • put the tab into flash mode and connect
              • erase idb
              • do a full flash

hopefully the tab will and your now rooted with play. Let me know, if this works then well add a few tweaks tomorrow.
              Ok. I'll do this tonight when I get home. To clarify, a "full flash" is everything checked EXCEPT for backup.img and loader? As I recall, by default everything is checked except for the first (loader) and the last box (backup), at least it was when I jumped the gun and did this yesterday.

When flashing, I do exactly the following steps?:

1. Erase idb
              2. Click "Flash ROM"
              3. Wait for the thing to do its thing and reboot on its own.

When would I need to choose "Reboot to Flash Mode"?

Thanks! I can't wait to get home and give this a shot.

Comment

That's about right in terms of what to flash.

Sequence is put the tab into flash mode and connect to PC
                Start flash tool
                erase IDB
                Flash

The tab should re-boot. If it does not reboot then open the 900supersportrom folder. Rename parameter and system.IMG. rename the stock ones from earlier to parameter and system.IMG

Post as to how it goes and I'll plan the next steps.

BTW this system is perhaps a little ambitious but if it works out could be good.
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

That's about right in terms of what to flash.

Sequence is put the tab into flash mode and connect to PC
                  Start flash tool
                  erase IDB
                  Flash

The tab should re-boot. If it does not reboot then open the 900supersportrom folder. Rename parameter and system.IMG. rename the stock ones from earlier to parameter and system.IMG

Post as to how it goes and I'll plan the next steps.

BTW this system is perhaps a little ambitious but if it works out could be good.
                  So, do NOT check "Loader" (the first box) when flashing? Can I play around with market if it flashes ok or are we going to be flashing more? What do you mean by ambitious? You have my curiosity up now...

Comment

Don't flash loader unless instructed. Play away once flashed.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Partial success?

Ok,

I flashed per your instructions. Here is what happened:

1. Tab rebooted, taking longer than usual, but still rebooted successfully.
                      2. Tab went into Startup Mode, asking me to set wifi.
                      3. Tapped on wifi network, it paused, then said, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."
                      4. Repeated setting wifi, same result.
                      5. Pressed "Next" to bypass wifi setup. Tab hung with no option.
                      6. Pressed power button.
                      7. Tab turned off, then rebooted by itself without a second press of power button.
                      8. Tab no longer went to Startup Mode; automatically went directly to home screen.

At this point, I had no wifi, but figured I would look around to see what changed. I clicked on "Settings" on this home screen. It was a white screen with no options, no "back" button or any button for that matter. After about a minute, it said "System is not responding. Would you like to close it? Wait. OK"

I chose OK, and I came back to Home Screen.

As far as I can tell, no "Settings" of any sort are available for viewing.

On the apps screen, there are new icons for Appinjector, Cube Weather, ES Task Manager, Play Store, SuperSU and Wow Fish. These are apps I don't recall having before.

There are no buttons of any kind for navigation once I choose any screen. No Home, Back arrow, etc. Only the slide screen works. To get out of the App screen, I let the tab timeout, then press the power button to bring back the "Unlock" screen, to which it brings me back to the Home screen. When in an application, the only way to get back to the home screen is to power off the tab.

On a whim, I chose "Play Store" from the Apps screen. It asks me to either get a google account or sign in. I chose "Sign in" and it brought me the "Settings" screen with a list of wifi networks available. I chose my network, and it asked for a password. A keyboard comes up, but only with alpha characters; no keys for numbers or any modifier to bring up an alternate keyboard with numbers. Due to this, I was unable to enter a correct password. It does allow me to "Cancel" the connect and press a "Back" button, which brings me back to a list of networks available. No further buttons are available on this list screen.

To get out of any screen with no navigation buttons, my only option is to hold the power button and power down. When doing this, it will power down, but reboot on its own. It will not power down and stay off.

Other apps explored:
                      Clicking "SuperSU" told me that the binary needs to be updated. I cancelled.
                      Clicking "Appinjector" said "Superuser request" etc with "Command: (Interactive Shell)" with a Deny/Grant dialogue. I have 10 seconds to choose before it times out to "You don't have root access". Exit.
                      Clicking ESTask Manager asks me if I want to find ES Explorer. After saying no, it goes to the main ES screen, but with no navigation buttons. Only way to get out of it is to power down with the power button, and allow a self-reboot.

I have not done anything else with the tab, save charging it.

What's next, Obi-wan?

Comment

Can you force the tab into flash mode?

On the virtual keyboard is there no button [?123]

Do you have an SD card

At the app tray do you have explorer?
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Can you force the tab into flash mode?

On the virtual keyboard is there no button [?123]

Do you have an SD card

At the app tray do you have explorer?
                          I'm not sure what you mean by "force the tab into flash mode". The only way I know how to get to flash mode is to press the volume buttons and hit the reset key. Yes, I can do this still.

There is no [?123] button on the virtual keyboard.

Yes, I have an SD card, but it is not currently plugged in.

Yes, I have explorer in the app tray that functions.

Comment

OK if you can get back to flash mode you need to go back to the stock system, and I'll get a new system.img created with much less change.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

OK if you can get back to flash mode you need to go back to the stock system, and I'll get a new system.img created with much less change.
                              Done. Back to stock with no troubles.

Comment

That's good to know. I'll get another system image together today.
                                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                                X