No announcement yet.

NextBook 10P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NextBook 10P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

This is a fully rooted ROM with Google Play pre-installed. Thats it... No other changes.

This is for the Nextbook10P12 SE only!

Features:
    1) Added the latest version SU and Superuser.apk
    2) System is now mounted as RW
    3) Injected the latest ICS Google Play and other Google APP files.
    4) Adjusted the Parameter file to remove wasted NAND memmory space.
    5) Parameter file now gives you 1Gig of APP space instead of the 512MB in the stock ROM.

THIS IS A BETA TEST ROM!
    It is not an official release from Nextbook! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM! However it DOES boot on my Arnova 10G2 so I am pretty sure it's not a brick! But what works and what does not, I cannot test.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 10P12 SE ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Nextbook 10P12 ICS Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and GPlay (230 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 10-29-2014, 23:01.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

First of all thank you for your time spended to make this ROM.
    I have tried many ways to Root my device Next10P12 and all have the same result... NOTHING...
    Maybe for lack of knowledge by me and others because the tablet seems not to accept so easy any exterior intervention it seems the guys of NEXTBOOK really want to restrict their tablet i dont know.
    Well problems apart i finally found this forum and this topic tried right away with the steps written by Finless and it was really easy as read and done and now i have got my tablet fully working with google play and Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT.
    Its all working really well by now i have been testing this for 2 hours now and nothing seems to fail all pretty stable, the only problem that a think maybe its a bug is that have enterd in google play and downloaded youtube, all start up and so on but watching the videos it stops buffering at 1 minute of buffering you see the bar filling but at certain time it stops if you continue watching the video until it reaches the bar its exactly 1 minute of video,after that the buffering almost dont work, if i put other video its allways the same thing...
    Well hope if Finless can help a little more in here after the big work done i know it could be a little to much to ask but if you got any ideas please let me know.
    Once again thank you so much for the WORK DONE IN THIS

Comment

Hello

Thank you, the ROM, the instructions, all work out has you instructed
      Chrome Beta is working very slow, its useless, but I suspect the problem is with the app itself.

Pedro

Comment

Rooted ROM & FLash Player

Very interesting site!
        I have downloaded the rooted ROM last night and I'm planning to flash it when back from work tonight.

"3) Injected the latest ICS Google Play and other Google APP files."
        Does the ROM contains Flash Player & a compatible browser?
        If not what are the recommended Browser and version of Flash Player?

Will post back on the flashing result tonight!
        Last edited by ChrisJP; 08-20-2012, 23:02. Reason: Add extract from Readme

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJP View Post
          Very interesting site!
          I have downloaded the rooted ROM last night and I'm planning to flash it when back from work tonight.

"3) Injected the latest ICS Google Play and other Google APP files."
          Does the ROM contains Flash Player & a compatible browser?
          If not what are the recommended Browser and version of Flash Player?

Will post back on the flashing result tonight!
          You can get it from the Google Play, I use the beta of FireFox and it works very well. I have tried Google Chrome but it is too slow.

Regards

Comment

Ok Thanks for the tips

Flash was a breathe after finding the right place for the reset.
            I've installed Flash Player v11.1.111.5. and the few test I've done so far using the stock browser are successful.

Only issue I'm having is sync for calendar.
            Will look again at the forum as I remember reading some post about it.
            Last edited by ChrisJP; 08-21-2012, 08:40. Reason: Update

Comment

Doesn't anyone have the same problem as me in the youtube app, that freezes in the one minute buffering and the other bug that google play doesn't show the payed apps??
              The rest works just fine for me!!

Comment

The latest youtube app sucks! Yes I am having issues with it on many tablets and ROMs.

Find an old version and problems will be gone.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Looks like i´m with bad luck, tried v3.5.5 and v4.0.8E and still the same problem going to try more
                  Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Warnok View Post
                    Looks like i´m with bad luck, tried v3.5.5 and v4.0.8E and still the same problem going to try more
                    Thanks for the tip.
                    Can you post a link to a "frozen" clip then I will test on my version (I'm not a big YouTube user).

As far as calendar sync issue is concerned, I followed most of the tips from this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Root-and-Gplay but to no avail so far...

PS: most of the time when using Calendar I will have an error message: "sorry but Calendar has stopped working", so I'm thinking that it might be a permission issue.

Comment

Calendar Sync issue

Ok some progress here as far as the Calendar sync issue is concerned.
                      At least the sign is now turned to green (though I still have no data)

Follow instruction below.
                      It's from another forum so I'm not pasting the link but kudos to the OP: Matt227c

"I just figured this out. I had the exact problem and i just fixed it. After pressing sign in and on the screen to enter you email and password, i hit the 3 dot button and my only option was "sign in with browser" or something similar. So I just signed in with my email using the browser and I was able to use the calender after. idk weirdd but worked."

I still have this nagging message "unfortunately calendar has stopped working" and fixing permissions did not help.

Comment

Calendar Sync issue

I think I gonna give-up on that one

Anybody here being able to sync calendar properly?
                        If so, please share your config (eg: android/ROM & calendar apk version)
                        Tks!

Comment

Calendar Sync issue - SOLVED (for me)

Just when I thought I would give up...!!!

The solution was right there:

I installed both apps and finally got calendar to sync !

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJP View Post
                            Can you post a link to a "frozen" clip then I will test on my version (I'm not a big YouTube user).

As far as calendar sync issue is concerned, I followed most of the tips from this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Root-and-Gplay but to no avail so far...

PS: most of the time when using Calendar I will have an error message: "sorry but Calendar has stopped working", so I'm thinking that it might be a permission issue.
                            Its not "a frozen clip" but all clips, any video i tried play on youtube does that bug, cant play the all video if it its a 1 minute longer, because it only buffer´s a minute and not more...
                            Thanks for the concern ChrisJP

Comment

Originally posted by Warnok View Post
                              Its not "a frozen clip" but all clips, any video i tried play on youtube does that bug, cant play the all video if it its a 1 minute longer, because it only buffer´s a minute and not more...
                              Thanks for the concern ChrisJP
                              Just try couple video and I have no issues at all...
                              Got my 10SP12 3 days ago so my setting is quite simple: stock browser, FlashPlayer 11.1.115.6 & YouTubes 4.0.23

Comment

Working...
                              X