No announcement yet.

NextBook 10P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything worked fine till I edited the build.prop and now I'm in bootloop...

Do I need to reflash the complete rom or is there a way to flash only the back-up of the original buid.prop (I have a backup on the SDcard)?
    Ps: I couldn't find a way to enter recovery...

Comment

Issue with the drivers

So... I am new to this forum, and I am trying to run Finless Bob's ROM on the Nextbook 10SE.

I unfortunately cannot force windows to load the drivers provided. I have tried forcing them and still have had no luck. It does not recognize them as the proper drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rick

Comment

Thanks!

IT WORKS!... but if you were curious about what I posted....
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Thanks for posting this, I'm having some issues though...

Quick edit: So I got it to show up in the RK tool. I updated the loader.

So there were three buttons to press here:

And I pressed the button on the left. Some 'magic' happened, and now I'm stuck on the boot screen. I'm going to give this 5 more minutes before I call it.

...here's my log of flashing it. I did the '??IDB' with the system checked. I don't know if

EDIT: LORDY... so, not only did I not have 'system' checked, but I didn't even have system.img when I extracted it. how/where it went, I have no idea... but things are progressing much better. So sorry for the forum traffic, but me thinks you guys are doing more productive things on a Saturday afternoon.
        Last edited by bippi; 10-28-2012, 03:37.

Comment

Originally posted by rbushnell2112 View Post
          So... I am new to this forum, and I am trying to run Finless Bob's ROM on the Nextbook 10SE.

I unfortunately cannot force windows to load the drivers provided. I have tried forcing them and still have had no luck. It does not recognize them as the proper drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rick
          So the deal is, if you're still around... is that resetting it with both volume buttons down, and releasing, should bring it up and attach to the RK29 device. This is also 'flash mode'.

Someone here can correct me if I'm wrong.

So, when you reset it with both volume buttons down like in the instructions, have your device manager up. It should show that 'RK29 class' in your device list towards the top, on-the-fly.

After that point, make sure you have all your .img files, and flash that like a stripper on halloween (with the RKAndroid updater).

Comment

So, here's my amended instructions

This is what worked for me, some approval from someone else would work.

-> Install the USB drivers as instructed in the beginning of the instructions.

When it comes to flashing it though, here's what I did:

1.) Pull open your device manager.
            2.) Hold the up and down volume, and hit the reset button. The device manager should show something like "RK29 class device" I can't remember what it is exactly, but that's it. The screen should be black. DO NOT hit the reset button like the instructions said to...that just resets it normally and attaches it to windows as a drive.
            3.) Pull open your RKAndroidUpdate.exe.
            4.) Check all the boxes but 'backup'
            5.) Click the leftmost of the three '??' buttons.
            6.) This takes 2-3 minutes to load. Be patient. It's going to look weird, flicker the screen a bit. Until you see those buttons re-highlight, it's not done.
            7.) It should reboot to an android screen as it's reformatting.
            8.) It should boot again to a "Finless's awesome screen" and "System updating..." This shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

IF YOU 'brick' your device... as I did several times by not loading 'system.img', know that the 'reset' step (Step 2 above) should always work---you're not flashing that much of the system. Although never change those offsets in the RKAndroidUpdate...that's straight playing with fire.

Comment

Anyone get Netflix to work with this rom?? I had it working before I updated to this rom now when it loads it will not respond to touch I can't click login or I can't click on a movie to watch but it will let me scroll.. weird.. thanks! awesome rom btw google play works great..

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              This is a fully rooted ROM with Google Play pre-installed. Thats it... No other changes.

This is for the Nextbook10P12 SE only!

Features:
              1) Added the latest version SU and Superuser.apk
              2) System is now mounted as RW
              3) Injected the latest ICS Google Play and other Google APP files.
              4) Adjusted the Parameter file to remove wasted NAND memmory space.
              5) Parameter file now gives you 1Gig of APP space instead of the 512MB in the stock ROM.

THIS IS A BETA TEST ROM!
              It is not an official release from Nextbook! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM! However it DOES boot on my Arnova 10G2 so I am pretty sure it's not a brick! But what works and what does not, I cannot test.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 10P12 SE ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Nextbook 10P12 ICS Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and GPlay (230 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Bob

Comment

Found Holes in the Beta

for English users.....
                After i did the rooting for the tablet (dont forget its Beta) i found some odd things. such as
                Nextflix 1.8 wont let me log in and nextflix 1.0.1 will log me in but freeze up on me.(wont play VID)

Google-Play does work but with some bugs.After successfully logging in i manage to download an app,but....
                after browsing around in the google play app i found it to be,,,foreign (japan maybe?)
                How i came across this was when i did try to download netflix,google play said "The app will not work in your country."
                Other apps also told me could not download becuz of the foreign issue. (some apps r spelled in foreign)

Other problems i came across besides my spelling(lol) was the tablets PIXELS would lock up or some apps glich/freeze up,only showing half/half of the app/video/picture's on the tablet.

If any of you would like hulu+ to work look it up in XDA forums it works for the 10P.

Comment

Sry

sorry i forgot to say its a good ROM. just kinda mad about the google play store being foreign also
                  some game want's me to update google play app just to play the game i installed? will that be ok if i update play.google?

Comment

touch screen

It flashed fine but the touch screen is backwards. Any suggestions on fixing this.

Comment

I also have the reversed screen.

Comment

It is obvious that Nextbook has changed hardware yet again! So this ROM is no longer compatible with newer models. Unless a stock ROM for this newer model is available, there is not much we can do.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

ugh. so. i have a rooted doorstop? any way to either get a new stock rom or perhaps a fix within build.prop?

Comment

Originally posted by trf View Post
                            ugh. so. i have a rooted doorstop? any way to either get a new stock rom or perhaps a fix within build.prop?
                            Possibly.... in build.prop see if you have these 2 lines:

ro.sf.fakerotation=true
                            ro.sf.hwrotation=270

If you do try setting first one ot false and see what it does.
                            Then try that with changing rotation from 0, 90, 180, 270

Bob

Comment

last question... how do i access build.prop? i cannot seem to find it.

Comment

Install ES file explorer.

In settings for ES file explorer turn on root settings.
                                UP to root
                                Root explorer
                                mount system RW

Then go in /system and you will see build.prop file.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X