No announcement yet.

NextBook 10P12 SE - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 ROOT and Google Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a modified netflix to run on this ROM. I forget the link but search xda forum and you can download one that works for you.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

well.

I managed to install root explorer, mount system as R/W and edit qwerty.idc and build.prop. i even created the new file as merrick suggested. no luck.

If anyone has an idea of how to rotate the touchscreen 180 degrees, i'd appreciate the help.

Comment

THANK YOU

great rom, works perfectly, installed on windows 7 64bit, gave it a few plugs unplugs to get the drivers, worked, followed your instructions and presto, perfect.
        only problem, apps don't work so well, for example, skype doesn't recognize the microphone, and no versions of angry birds will launch, although they install fine....
        will keep playing, thank you again!!

Comment

Bob, I don't know if you are still tracking this thread, but I am willing to get you the ROM for updating. I don't know how to pull it, though I do understand how to connect it to the pc in flash mode. If you give me the instructions, youll have it in a giff...

Morgue!

Comment

I was wondering if anyone was still working on this. I was trying to do the steps previously and kept freezing the device. I have spent the last 4 hours learning to type mirrored and upside down.

Comment

Nextbook 10P12 from Radio shack for $57, just loaded the ROM and this is awesome

Hello All,

Nextbook 10P12 from Radio shack for $57, just loaded the ROM and this is awesome.

It is on clearance at Radioshack for $79 - 10% Veteran Discount - $20 gift card + 7% tax = $57

I just finished loading this ROM and this makes a ton of difference now.
              Thanks for the ROM

Comment

Hello All!

Strangely, I also just purchased a NextBook... from Radio Shack... in Indianapolis...

I've updated my device to this ROM and I'm very happy with the results. I am curious if anyone has a device where the tablet's screen function "auto-rotate" works as they expect. Mine seems to decide which interfaces should be aligned which way completely independent of me physically rotating the device. Is there some trick to this I don't understand?

In any event, I'd like to whole-heartedly state the following:

Thank you, Bob White! Your work is solid, and your quail is magnificent.

Thanks,
                FallenAce

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAce View Post
                  Hello All!

Strangely, I also just purchased a NextBook... from Radio Shack... in Indianapolis...

I've updated my device to this ROM and I'm very happy with the results. I am curious if anyone has a device where the tablet's screen function "auto-rotate" works as they expect. Mine seems to decide which interfaces should be aligned which way completely independent of me physically rotating the device. Is there some trick to this I don't understand?

Thanks,
                  FallenAce
                  Install Rotation Locker from Google Play store. You can control when an APP decided to rotate the screen.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

New roms?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Install Rotation Locker from Google Play store. You can control when an APP decided to rotate the screen.

Bob
                    Hello Mr. Bob,
                    I bought this Nextbook10P12 a few weeks ago and rooted then flashed your rom. Thanks btw. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone has had problems with it running extremely slow? Even as i type this the letters are about a second or two behind me typing them. Not sure whats causing it to run so slow. Do you know of any other roms I could try or know what I could do to speed this one up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for your work.

p.s. What do you think my chances are of successfully porting my Samsung Galaxy S3 custom rom to this Nextbook? Id obviously have to trim it down quite a bit.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by FallenAce View Post
                      Hello All!

Thanks,
                      FallenAce
                      Not sure whats up with that. Mine does the same thing only it wont stay in one position. It constantly was rotating. I just unchecked the "auto rotate" setting under "display" and that stopped it.

Are there any compatible recoveries for this tablet? I cant find any anywhere.

Comment

Question: did anyone come up with stock ROM to return the 10P12SE to the original OS?

EDIT- I found it in the Nextbook ROMs forum.

Being fairly impressed with the Nextbook 8SE I bought a Nextbook 10 only to find that the battery life was atrocious. I had hoped that rooting it would allow me to install something like CPU Tuner which has done wonders for the battery life on my CM'd Nook Tablet and HD+. It helps a little bit but not enough so I would like to return it to Radio Shack.

If I am willing to pick up negative karma points I could just brick it and return it saying "Gee whiz- I couldn't get it to work at all." (The last time I tempted karma I was diagnosed with lung cancer so I'm not sure I want to do that again... )

Thanks!

sssteeve

More questions: Any chance that someone might be able to get the 10P12 to work with CyanogenMod? Does anybody know what Google apps I can safely delete? I have a hunch that some of them are adding to the drain on the battery...
                        Last edited by sssteeve; 09-18-2013, 15:00.

Comment

I cant get any version of Netflix to work on this Nextbook model with this ROM. I can install it, but the touch controls go away, and the videos wont play.

Comment

Is there any way to tell ahead of time which version of the tablet I have? I have 2 of them I got at radio shack a few months back. I am about to give them to my 4 year old twins for christmas. My wife wont let me attempt the ROOT rom because she is afraid I will have the bad luck of the rotated touchscreen.

In other news - I do have 2.... so I suppose I should always have access to the files needed to get a good rom.

How can I get a rom dump prior to attempting this for Finless to potentially make a backup for us?

Thanks
                            Mike

Comment

Reference to Next 7 ????

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              This is a fully rooted ROM with Google Play pre-installed. Thats it... No other changes.

This is for the Nextbook10P12 SE only!

Features:
                              1) Added the latest version SU and Superuser.apk
                              2) System is now mounted as RW
                              3) Injected the latest ICS Google Play and other Google APP files.
                              4) Adjusted the Parameter file to remove wasted NAND memmory space.
                              5) Parameter file now gives you 1Gig of APP space instead of the 512MB in the stock ROM.

THIS IS A BETA TEST ROM!
                              It is not an official release from Nextbook! You are on your OWN with this! I cannot NOT gaurentee this is NOT a brick ROM! However it DOES boot on my Arnova 10G2 so I am pretty sure it's not a brick! But what works and what does not, I cannot test.

Anyway for those that want to try it, here is the Nextbook 10P12 SE ICS ROM download.

ROM -> Nextbook 10P12 ICS Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and GPlay (230 megs)

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT inside this kit.

Enjoy Nextbook users and let me know how it all works!

Bob
                              You state that this is for Next10p12(SE) but half way through the read.me txt you refer to the next7.. What gives?

Comment

Finless Bob - Have new tablet, would like to dump rom for here

Finless Bob - Hiya, new guy here. :-)
                                My wife just got a Nextbook 10SE Premium for xmas. I see you need a stock rom from a new tablet? I'd be happy to arrange that if you'd be so kind as to tell me how.

Me:
                                * On my Galaxy S2, rooted and installed clockworkmod recovery and cyanogenmod rom. I'm no rooting expert whatsoever, but I know enough to be able to follow directions.
                                * My computer is a Windows XP machine, and I am an advanced user who is comfortable with a command line.

Where I'm at:
                                * Android ADB driver from sdk altered to include the 10P12, installed and no errors in Device Manager. (Although the 'adb devices' command doesn't list anything when the tablet's attached (yes, usb debugging is enabled on the tablet.))
                                * Rockchip driver successfully installed from your rom zip package, and RK29Update recognizes the tablet (did not go any further or flash anything).
                                * Tablet is unaltered - stock rom it came with is still on it.

I'd like to help, how can I dump the rom for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X