Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ft5x0x-ts seems to be the name of the touchscreen

Comment

ft5x0x-ts could be the name of the old hardware its looking for hince the flipped screen and such. Though with the lack of support from next on ever getting a stock rom or any kind of update I'm grasping at straws and hoping it's a config file somewheres that perhaps can be scripted to run on boot or even injected after running etc.. Of course the touchscreen could be using the same driver, just a different version that we don't have yet.

Comment

possibly. eFun has offered to replace mine, but that could take weeks. I may just box mine up and return it to the store of purchase, get a new one and then get instructions on how to do a ROM dump. i like the tablet, but un rooted it is way bloated

Comment

Nextbook said pretty much the same thing when I asked if there was a update file for it.. Wife isn't letting me off that easy to just return it to the store though. And after all this, I'd be askeert to even try to get gplay on it for her again if she did.

Comment

well it seems the kernel is the same kernel in the Oma jelly bean thread on XDA. so unless someon with a new nextbook makes a rom dump, or someone figures out the proper touch parameters or drivers... we are screwed.

Comment

yea, tried that kernel. then tried the jb rom but all I got was a blank screen so went back to Bob's rom for the time being. though I did use the 2.28 loader with bobs rom and all was the same as before..

Comment

try the jb rom with the Nextbook kernel from finless rom. it'll boot and the screen orientaion is correct. but the touch is still 180 degrees off. btw, the rom is in german language and selecting english is... tricky.

Comment

changing the rotation to 270 in build.prop gets the right orientation just not the touch

Comment

exactly. but it is Jelly Bean, and comes with gapps. so there is that. if this is just a driver issue, or some setting in the kernel, eventually we get the tablets back and better than when purchased.

Comment

OK soon as I wrap my head around this, I might have a fix.....

Comment

Set ro.sf.hwrotation=90 in build.prop

Then I made a copy of qwerty.idc in /system/usr/idc and named it ft5x0x-ts.idc. then change the touch.orientationAware = 0 in that file.

I did use the 2.28 loader version when I flashed the inital bob ROM after tying the JB one. But am sure that won't effect the idc config file.

Everythings working right....well except for the fact she's gotta go install all her programs again. sheesh wimmins anyways.

Hope this helps....

Comment

think you can send me a copy of this? I have no way to access, no keyboard to plug into the tablet.

Comment

wait is this the JB rom or Finless rom. nevermind... i need to learn to slow down when i read.

Comment

Finless ROM, but would imagine it would work with the JB one as well.

Comment

This would be great if it could be packaged as an image. I can't access the file. i mean i can, but no keyboard to make changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X