Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi not working

Hey there,

i just installed the new ROM to my M6pro 16GB WiFi and performancewise it works like a charm. Great work! Big THX! Unfortunately WiFi does not work (saying "Turning Wi-Fi on..." forever). I followed the instructions in the Manual supported with the file and used the 6GB parameter file. After installation booting up took quite a long time. After first boot I restarted the tablet. Second boot was much faster. But event though I did a reboot, the message "Turning on Wi-Fi..." was still active. Only turning on airplane mode, and rebooting afterwards could make it disappear. But when i tried to turn on wifi again, the same happened. Tried resetting, installed the ROM for a second time. Nothing worked. Any ideas what I could have done wrong or whats wrong with my installation?
    A second weird thing happends, when I try to turn on Bluetooth. It turns off again by itself after maybe two seconds. But since i dont really need BT this is ok to me. Just mentioned it, just in case the two problems may have a common root.

Comment

Governor working better?

Hello all,

another update: I find the tablet running very smoothly, which is very nice.
      I think it has to do with the governor.
      I see more usage of the higher frequencies, hence the snappier response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_Screenshot_2014-02-24-13-24-38127795645.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	433092
      un saludo desde EspaƱa,

satbeginner

Comment

Flashed kit-kat working great

Hello,

I flashed my m6 with the claro kernel and 1.8, and it is running very smooth. I have received 20194 on Antutu, the highest I have received. Everything have is working well. Thankyou for all of the hard work!!

Regards,

Brian

Comment

Satbeginner,
          you're right, I discovered the same thing: the "new" interactive governor uses much more the higher frequencies of the CPU. But don't worry, the battery will lasts a little bit more wrt Jelly Bean!

Randy,
          just a couple of things:
          1 - your release is based on the stock one of February 13rd (not the 02/20).
          2 - EVERY boot needs almost 50 sec, the stock needs only 34sec... This is the very bad thing!
          3 - With 1.8 "final" I can confirm that now ART is working properly
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by pmbroth View Post
            Hello,

I flashed my m6 with the claro kernel and 1.8, and it is running very smooth. I have received 20194 on Antutu, the highest I have received. Everything have is working well. Thankyou for all of the hard work!!

Regards,

Brian
            Don't use this kernel,
            I will prepare a bunch of kernels suitable for RR_1.8 this afternoon.
            Be patient!!!

Comment

Kernel question

Hello,
              It seems to be working fine, no glitches. What issues should I expect to see?

Thank you...

Brian

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              Don't use this kernel,
              Be patient!!!

Comment

Don't use this kernel,
                Be patient!!!
                Giouncino... Please can you do one based on the '825...' kernel in Post #470 of the kernels thread...

It's the only kernel that seems to be 100% stable for my tablet!

Comment

pmbroth,
                  the kernel you are using is based on an old release, I suppose it is less optimized wrt the last one, for this reason I think it is better you wait for a modified release of the latest version.

nodabble
                  It's ok, I'll do that too!

Comment

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your continued efforts. I have just flashed this rom on my Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 2 9.7" and it seems stable but slightly less responsive than the final JellyBean rom(1.6.1). This might be because I have not flashed giouncino's, soon to be released, kernel yet. I have switched to ART and that seems stable too. Not sure about the new bootup animation though, it's seizure inducing stuff! Thankfully I don't turn my tablet off much.

Thanks again for your efforts and you too giouncino for your kernels.

Comment

Hahaha...you should have seen the first one we had...hypnotizing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Have tried this rom. A lot better than before. Smooth. And still waiting for the kernels.

Thanks Randy btw. You have done a very good job. :-)

Sent from my ZP990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Everybody !

First : thanks a lot Randy for this new ROM !!!

Second : Is anybody have a solution for multi-user under Kit-Kat rom ? I need it because we are 2 different user on my M6 pro !

Thanks,

Bye

Comment

I reviewed one method that was suggested that involved editing framework.jar. The problem was that the settings mentioned weren't the same in this Rockchip firmware...so I couldn't find a way to do it.

Pipo has never supported multi user. The 4.2.2 ROMs were easy to just turn on the feature.

Unless someone smarter than me can figure it out, we will have to do without it. Ill ask the other DEVs to look into it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Suitable modified kernels ready! Here:

Comment

Great Job flashed with low v2 and 1.8

Hello,
                                I flashed with the 1.8 and the kernel low v2, got a benchmark of 20284!

You guys rock, Thank you!

Brian

Suitable modified kernels ready! Here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...790#post149790

Comment

Working...
                                X