No announcement yet.

Big Lots Releases Polaroid 4.3" Touch MP3 With Android 2.2 - PTAB 4300 - $60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever find the readme for rooting this?

Comment

Originally posted by ator1 View Post
      Anybody ever find the readme for rooting this?
      Look in the Polaroid section in the Rom developers kitchen and when you download the Rom the read me file is in the firmware folder when you unzip it

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK sounds like your ready!

Here is update.img for use with the RKBatch tool

Please flash this using the "restore" button not the upgrade button. It will erase everything on the tablet so be prepared for that.

Also if this DUMP was bad (I don't think so) you could be permanently bricked as we have no "official ROM" from Polaroid. This was a dump by crazy12know.
        So are you willing to risk it? I cannot say 100% it is good but looking at everything I am pretty sure it is fine.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...4300update.img

Bob
        Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Well I have it rooted.

Let me summarize the TEST roms I have available that work:

TEST9 - This is a semi-rooted ROM with SU and SuperUser.apk. You will get SU permissions and TItanium backup etc will work now. However /system is still cramfs and read only thus the term semi-rooted. No Gplay installed

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...root_test9.zip

TEST11 - Same as TEST9 but Gplay market files are pre-installed. MrShoe said Gplay just force closes. Maybe someone can test again please.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...st11_gplay.zip

TEST12 - This is my first attempt at a RW /system using AUFS like other RK28 ROMS that give write access to /system. It also has Gplay files installed. YES PLEASE... test this and see if you can get Gplay working with your account. Also please let me know if in fact /system can be written too!

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...gplay_aufs.zip

TEST13 - Since Mrshoe seemed to not be able to use Gplay I took a Froyo ROM from XDA and pulled out known working Google Market files. These are older market files but should work and at some point it should auto upgrade you to Gplay. Again Mrshoe seemd to not be able to get the market working? Again, YES please let me know if in fact /system can be written too!

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...gplay_aufs.zip

So thats where I left off. We have a rooted ROM with write access to /system using aufs with test 12 or 13. If you dont care about write access to /system TEST9 is a stock semi-rooted ROM with SU and superuser and is stable. You maybe able to install the market manually?

Bob
        Everytime I try to download one of these it tells me to login WTF???

Yay! For dead links...

Comment

Are the ROM's ICS?

Hi finless,

Many thanks for your hard work!

Maybe I missed it, but are the latest ROM test's Ice Cream Sandwich?

Thanks again!

Dave

Comment

I doubt you will ever see a old RK29 tablet with ICS.....
            Heck many RK28's were lucky to get Gingerbread!

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

My mistake, its actually the PMID 4311 model. Maybe you could take a look at this one if you get some time, Finless.

Comment

Don't know where I'm going wrong.

My problem:

Downloaded the ptab4300_root_test13_gplay_aufs.zip rom and I cannot get it to flash.

I have the driver installed and I believe I have it in flash mode because I get the "found RKAndroid loader rock usb" when I press the erase IDB button I get "erase IDB failed" and if I press the run button I get Test device failed and then run failed. I was able to successfully flash the firmware from the southern telecom site so I suspect that I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help me? I'm just looking to get root.

Thanks,

Scott
                Last edited by Gin n' tonic; 10-11-2012, 03:04.

Comment

Bump.

Any idea's that may help me would be appreciated.

Comment

Failed to flash

So I'm having the same problem a previous poster had. Before and after I updated the ROM to the one on the southerntelcom website :: http://www.southerntelecom.com/polar...are_Update.zip

Here's the logfile I got from the RKAndroidTool

18:15:37 517 Load Setting ok
                    18:15:37 702 Initialize OK
                    19:02:47 986 Load Setting ok
                    19:02:48 207 Initialize OK
                    19:18:14 138 Load Setting ok
                    19:18:14 345 Initialize OK
                    19:24:13 741 Load Setting ok
                    19:24:13 928 Initialize OK
                    19:24:20 704 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_281A#5&20F7384C&0&5#{a5d cbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
                    19:24:20 731 INFO:Start to test device
                    19:24:20 779 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:21 839 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:22 890 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:23 911 ERROR:Test device failed
                    19:24:23 948 ERROR:Image Thread Failed
                    19:24:39 471 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_281A#5&20F7384C&0&5#{a5d cbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
                    19:24:39 497 INFO:Start to test device
                    19:24:39 536 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:40 577 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:41 631 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:24:42 653 ERROR:Test device failed
                    19:24:42 677 ERROR:Image Thread Failed
                    19:29:43 089 Load Setting ok
                    19:29:43 297 Initialize OK
                    19:44:48 177 Load Setting ok
                    19:44:48 358 Initialize OK
                    19:45:59 466 Image Thread Path(\\?\USB#VID_2207&PID_281A#5&20F7384C&0&5#{a5d cbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
                    19:45:59 492 INFO:Start to test device
                    19:45:59 532 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:46:00 603 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:46:01 650 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-1)
                    19:46:02 675 ERROR:Test device failed
                    19:46:02 709 ERROR:Run failed

I'm working from stock image, and more than willing to help test/push things if you have the time to come back to this Finless, if not no harm. I doubt this thing can handle anything higher than android 2.2.1? Which would be the ultimate of goals, but SU &| Playstore would be nice too

Comment

Semi-rooted and market android 2.2

I hate to necro-post but I just picked up a PMID4300 compatible tablet (Eclipse 4.3 Internet Tablet) for $15 at a local pawn shop. Since all the links were dead, I created a semi-rooted rom with market working based on the Polarid PMID4300 Factory Firmware. Superuser works, /system is cramfs so it can't be mounted rw. posted over at dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/x04exvwf3y...ted_market.img

I am also working on porting over a gingerbread rom it boots but touch has some issues occasional random touches and calibration is slightly off may just be my tablet though
                      Last edited by jholt5638; 04-21-2014, 01:15. Reason: adding more information

Comment

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I just won one of the Polaroid PMID4300 tablets from Namco in a skill game ("Stacker" -- if anyone cares).

Anyway, it's a decent tablet but very difficult to scroll down, without selecting an icon. The first thing I did was attempt to install the official upgrade from the Southern [Polaroid] website, but my Windows 10 laptop states it is already current, and wouldn't install the download. I have not changed a single thing on it yet; what would you recommend to be tweaked first and added to improve its performance?

I notice that is includes Android 2.2 [Froyo], but one of my favorite games needs Android 2.3 [Gingerbread] at minimum. Will it support Gingerbread or even Honeycomb? If anyone still has this device and has time to enlighten me about it, I'd be truly grateful! Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Comment

Working...
                        X