Big Lots Releases Polaroid 4.3" Touch MP3 With Android 2.2 - PTAB 4300 - $60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a step by step

Little new to this. I have the 4300 and I want to test out Test13. How do I get that on the tablet? I need a step by step.
    Last edited by guevarragv; 06-30-2012, 03:36.

Comment

Originally posted by guevarragv View Post
      Little new to this. I have the 4300 and I want to test out Test13. How do I get that on the tablet? I need a step by step.
      Read the posts here in this topic and there is a README with instructions in the ROM download! It has step by step!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Read the posts here in this topic and there is a README with instructions in the ROM download! It has step by step!

Bob
          I have that test13 .zip file, but I can't find the README.

Comment

Originally posted by mrshoe View Post
            I have never attempted to flash them from the SD card.
            Read the "read me" file from the zip. It has the instructions there.

Flashing is Via a PC. You need the Tab to be in recovery mode attached to the PC.
            Have you done that before? There is a driver that needs to be installed for the PC to recognize the Tab as a RK28 device.
            First a big thank you to both Bob (finless) and mrshoe for creating a new rom for 4300.

I am new to Android, new to Polaroid 4300 and a newbie to flashing a rom. I would like to try the latest rom (tes13) on my 4300 that I acquired today. I read the thread, the closest thing I found to a step-by-step instruction is by mrshoe (quoted above). I downloaded couple of zip files, but they do not contain a 'readme' instruction file.

Bob, mrshoe can you either one of you please post (or re-post) the instruction for a 4300? Thank you so much.

Or, if anyone has successfully flashed the new rom, kindly post an (idiot-proof) instruction so that newbie could follow?

Again, thank you everyone for making the 4300 a better tablet.

Gopal

Comment

Also, the Southerntelecom has the 4300 firmware available for download.

And, here are the instructions for flashing the firmware :

Hope this helps someone...

Comment

OK, looks like the PTAB4300 is not what it appeared to be. I'll be returning this to the store over the weekend.

This was my first Android experience. I learnt a few things and for a moment enjoyed having a small tablet too... but...

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Agreed!

Originally posted by Gopal View Post
                  OK, looks like the PTAB4300 is not what it appeared to be. I'll be returning this to the store over the weekend.

This was my first Android experience. I learnt a few things and for a moment enjoyed having a small tablet too... but...

Thanks everyone!
                  Agreed. While this lil guy may be ok for some..it just is painfully slow for most things. The $60.00 price tag is attractive but once you get your hands on one and play around with it, you might think $39.99 is a better price point.
                  My personal opinion is you would be much better off saving another $39.00 worth of pennies and buying one of the 7" polaroid tablets at Big Lots.

With the exception of Netflix, my PMID 701C does pretty much anything I could ask it to do.

My 10 year old son has the PMID 4300 and it's ok for checking email, listening to music and watching youtube videos. It's usable for browsing websites, but it's pretty slow and clunky. I actually tried to talk him into taking it back and upgrading to the larger one. I think he likes the fact that he can slide it in his pocket and with the 7" he definitely can't.

To my knowledge noone has been able to get Google Play to work on it. It's probably not all that important anyway since getting apps to run on it is pretty hit or miss. My son's can barely run the free version of Angry Birds with background graphics off. With the background graphics on it's so slow and choppy it's not even playable.

After having a capacitive touch screen on my 701C I can't STAND the resistive touch screen on the 4300.

If all you need is something to check email, occassionally browse websites and watch some Youtube videos it's probably ok for you. Haven't tried the e-reader function on the 4300 but I suppose it would be ok for that as well if you like a smaller screen. If you plan on installing Google Play or running any of the newer more popular apps you'll probably be disappointed.

Just my $0.02 but since Big Lots is advertising these again I thought I'd share my worthless opinion.

Comment

UPGRADE USING Southern Telecom. Also NEED HELP!

I have the 701i and I bought one for my daughter and used the ST update rom to flash her's to 4. I was surprised at how many apps I rely on were not available for 4. Nice looking and the upgrade was easy using the directions on the ST web site.

I am new to this form and the format. I need help getting my google account apk back on my Polaroid running 2.3. I was preparing to load the Play Market by liquidlimez and I was deleting one of the files he listed. Due to large fingers I deleted the account info apk and now since the apk is missing I cannot load my accouints. I reinstalled all of the other files for the old Market and when tapped I am ask to set up an account; no such luck! I tap YES and then I am back at the Home screen. If I go into settings I am not offered a google account setup option. This screws up not just market but my calendars etc. Can you direct me to the proper place for my HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
                      Agreed. While this lil guy may be ok for some..it just is painfully slow for most things. The $60.00 price tag is attractive but once you get your hands on one and play around with it, you might think $39.99 is a better price point.

Just my $0.02 but since Big Lots is advertising these again I thought I'd share my worthless opinion.
                      Kidding right? Your opinion pushed me over the line...

I returned the 4300 on Friday. To their credit, Big Lots took it back without any hassels. Unfortunately, they do not have the 7" version.

Now that Google has released the nexus, I am seriously eyeing that. But it is also twice as expensive.

Comment

Ok first off, thanks for the ROM. I'm running the 1.4 and it's working well. Personally, out of all the devices I own, this is by far the worst one. I'm going to keep it and use it in the field to take notes and whatnot with my computer business. Anyways, I can't get Market to work for anything. I pulled a few fresh versions from both rooted and non-rooted phones and neither will work. I went into settings and cleared data, no luck. I'm need to try something else, so if anyone has a trick up their sleeve, I'd appreciate it. Right now I'm stuck with Blackmart just to even get the things I want that are free. So any help is appreciated.

Again, great job on rooting and providing a custom ROM for this IMHO worthless device. It IS good for perhaps kids to have and use but damn, it doesn't even have a camera, how generic is that. Despute the $60 price, toss a camera on it. What's the point of having an SD Card input with no camera!? Oh well /rant

Anyways, any help on the Market situation? I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

rast4man

Comment

rast4man,
                          sorry to tell you this but honestly.... I am so busy with other "more recent" ROMs that this little thing and that problem... honestly... I will probably never work on. I LOVE A CHALLANGE and working on this kind of thing. But based on what is on my plate right now, this 4300 would be something I really can’t see myself working on...

Sorry man.... First time I have ever to date said "I can't".... Sorry...

To bad you were not around when I was activily trying to make this a better tablet! But now it is kind of too late... RK28 processors are pretty much dead. MAYBE... if I get free time and get bored... I will look at this again. But please don't hold your breath...

Again sorry man....

Bob

Comment

No worries Bob. I'm part of Team.Nocturnal so we have a LOT going on and I have about as much time as you do it sounds. I'll mess with it and see if I can get the official Market working but as I mentioned before,
                            Blackmart does just fine. The only other thing I'm going to do is play with some partitioning to see if I can get the Internal size bigger. More or less like Firerat's Custom MTD Partition app we used for our HTC Hero and Diamond.

Thanks for the hard work and best of luck on your new venture(s). I'm always over @ XDA as rast4man so hit me up of you see over there.

Regards,

rast4man

Comment

Root

Hey did anybody ever root this little monster? I've done everything I know how to do to root it but had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich
                              "It's full of stars!"

Comment

Read the posts. It has been rooted and I supply a couple of ROMs to download and try.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X