Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    maybe it is good for us also...

    https://androidpctv.com/firmware-pendoo-x6-pro/

    Comment


      Originally posted by Tzr808 View Post
      maybe it is good for us also...

      https://androidpctv.com/firmware-pendoo-x6-pro/
      perhaps you should try first. just kidding

      Comment


        Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        Device needs to registered with Oranth. Go back and read this forum thread, the easiest fix is install the correct firmware with Micro-SDcard Flash, but there is also a post in this thread on how to reset MAC registration.

        I never use PhoenixSuite and only use PhoenixUSB-Pro Tool to Flash my Allwinner firmwares. Because you already messed up your device, using PhoenixSB-Pro Tool now may not help, and you'll have to register device or install by SDcard method.
        Thank you for your prompt reply. already tried phoenix usb pro tool and hope it will work this time.

        Comment


          Originally posted by leoz_tjay View Post

          perhaps you should try first. just kidding
          my knowledge is too low for it in case of problems...
          i tried magisk and got burnt
          next time I might not be able to solve the problem...

          in any case, the May version is fine for me and is much better than the previous one!

          Comment


            A quick question: How do I boot from a firmware img file on the SD card. If I write the image file using the phoenix tool, then it basically updates the internal firmware. Pretty straight forward. If I write the Libreelec image to the sd card using Win32Disk Imager, then it boots to Libreelec without messing with the internal firmware.

            How do I use a new / different version of the Tanix firmware (Image) and simply run it off the SD card, without messing with the internal firmware. (Using Win32Disk Imager doesn't work)

            Thanks.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brent Norton View Post
              A quick question: How do I boot from a firmware img file on the SD card. If I write the image file using the phoenix tool, then it basically updates the internal firmware. Pretty straight forward. If I write the Libreelec image to the sd card using Win32Disk Imager, then it boots to Libreelec without messing with the internal firmware.

              How do I use a new / different version of the Tanix firmware (Image) and simply run it off the SD card, without messing with the internal firmware. (Using Win32Disk Imager doesn't work)

              Thanks.
              Quick answer-You don't, and only a utter moron would try something this stupid.

              And people wonder why companies like Tanix are locking their firmware and bootloaders these days.

              This kind of stupidity is why.
              Last edited by c,lei; 10-25-2019, 13:42.

              Comment


                Originally posted by c,lei View Post

                Quick answer-You don't, and only a utter moron would try something this stupid.

                And people wonder why companies like Tanix are locking their firmware and bootloaders these days.

                This kind of stupidity is why.
                I fail to understand your hostility in your reply.

                I have run several of the releases of the Tanix Firmwares on my device - from Android 7 up to the May Android 9 release. Likewise I have tested several of the Libreelec images on the device. With each Tanix reflash, its a wipe and start over. Each firmware has had its own set of problems. from overheating, to Play Store not functioning correctly, to sound glitches and poor Kodi Playback.

                Now there are some newer builds available.

                I neither find it stupid or moronic to ask how to boot the image off the SD card to test a new build before flashing it to the internal memory and I fail to see what this would have to do with Tanix locking their firmware and bootloaders, since, with exception to the Libreelec builds (that can be mounted off the SD Card), it is their firmwares for their product.

                Perhaps in the future, a simple Yes / No response would suffice instead of resorting to infantile name calling and condescending responses.

                Thanks
                .

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Brent Norton View Post

                  I fail to understand your hostility in your reply.

                  I have run several of the releases of the Tanix Firmwares on my device - from Android 7 up to the May Android 9 release. Likewise I have tested several of the Libreelec images on the device. With each Tanix reflash, its a wipe and start over. Each firmware has had its own set of problems. from overheating, to Play Store not functioning correctly, to sound glitches and poor Kodi Playback.

                  Now there are some newer builds available.

                  I neither find it stupid or moronic to ask how to boot the image off the SD card to test a new build before flashing it to the internal memory and I fail to see what this would have to do with Tanix locking their firmware and bootloaders, since, with exception to the Libreelec builds (that can be mounted off the SD Card), it is their firmwares for their product.

                  Perhaps in the future, a simple Yes / No response would suffice instead of resorting to infantile name calling and condescending responses.

                  Thanks
                  .
                  BS. It's morons like you who knowingly install unstable and dangerous software like Magisk, brick your tablets,phones and other devices by installing firmware you damn well know better not to because they were never intended to be used on your device/hardware on them and try returning them to whoever you bought them from claiming they are "defective" when things blow up on you. Meanwhile the people who really have a defective device get put through hell trying to get it fixed under warrenty or get a refund for it no thanks to ***** like you.

                  As for poor Kodi Playback problems,don't make laugh. Kodi has been pure and utter crap for years now.

                  Anyone who uses that bloated POS deserve the problems they have with it.
                  Last edited by c,lei; 10-26-2019, 00:50.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by c,lei View Post

                    BS. It's morons like you who knowingly install unstable and dangerous software like Magisk, brick your tablets,phones and other devices by installing firmware you damn well know better not to because they were never intended to be used on your device/hardware on them and try returning them to whoever you bought them from claiming they are "defective" when things blow up on you. Meanwhile the people who really have a defective device get put through hell trying to get it fixed under warrenty or get a refund for it no thanks to ***** like you.

                    As for poor Kodi Playback problems,don't make laugh. Kodi has been pure and utter crap for years now.

                    Anyone who uses that bloated POS deserve the problems they have with it.
                    Sir. You are a joke. "Anyone who uses that bloated POS deserve the problems......"

                    Alice UX, which is one is one of the main selling points of this product.. is nothing more than a rebranded Kodi player. To sit behind your keyboard, a mighty warrior, and advocate that we deserve the problems for using said software, demonstrates to everyone, who the absolute moron is.

                    Furthermore you choose to place me into a group of individuals that I do not conform to as my question above was purely asked, so as to avoid bricking my device. It was simply to find a firmware that addresses my needs, without having to repeatedly reflash the unit.

                    Your attitude in this help forum goes against the very good hearted spirit of the community who are here to assist members with legitimate questions, and not stand in their own arrogance, belittling members with petty name calling and classifications.

                    Perhaps you should go and troll some other forum in the meantime, while I patiently wait for a more legitimate and informative response to my question.

                    Good day to you.

                    "Do not argue with a fool. They will bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

                    Comment


                      tx6-allwinner_h6-9.0-20190615.img.zip
                      what is the improvement with this new version?
                      Thank you!

                      Comment


                        Hello everybody,

                        i need your help please
                        :

                        i have a TX6-H box 4/64GB (not Tanix, no brand on the top only TX6, and no Tanix logo at bootup either, but the 4 androids bubbles). Out of the box it was working fine with a february firmware i think.


                        What happened is that i ran the preinstalled UPDATE tool, and there were some updates that it applied. Since that, the remote halfly stopped working. The directions keys only work up and down, and not left and right. Which makes the remote unusable. It can only turn the box on/off now.

                        What i don't understand is that i did a FACTORY RESET, thinking that those updates messed up the remote codes or something, but even after that nothing has changed...

                        So before i do anything stupid, i ask for your advice. I downloaded a firmware from this thread, named "H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img" but i'm not sure if i should try to flash it or not.

                        The Phoenixcard tool doesn't work here (W7 pro), it comes with lots of files in a folder, when i run it it shows no language at all, not even japanese, i have to check the screenshots to see what buttons i must click, and anyway at the end, the process never finishes and there is nothing on the card, it's only formatted... I bought A male-male USB cable that i will receive next week, to eventually try to flash with Phoenix Suite (if ever it wills)

                        So my questions are:
                        - Should i try to flash this file or not?
                        - Or should i flash the original february 2019 firmware that was working? (and is it this file: "TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img" ?)
                        - Is there another way to recover the remote fonctions (like edit a file somewhere in android,i red that earlier in this thread). It would be way more simple and less risky probably?

                        Sorry for long message and Thanks a lot in advance for any help

                        screenshot

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Fredator View Post
                          i have a TX6-H box 4/64GB (not Tanix, no brand on the top only TX6, and no Tanix logo at bootup either, but the 4 androids bubbles). Out of the box it was working fine with a february firmware i think.
                          What happened is that i ran the preinstalled UPDATE tool, and there were some updates that it applied. Since that, the remote halfly stopped working. The directions keys only work up and down, and not left and right. Which makes the remote unusable. It can only turn the box on/off now.
                          What i don't understand is that i did a FACTORY RESET, thinking that those updates messed up the remote codes or something, but even after that nothing has changed...
                          When you applied the OTA through the Update app, that changes System and Vendor partitions, which don't get changed during a Factory Reset because that only cleans and eliminates Data Partition.

                          So before i do anything stupid, i ask for your advice. I downloaded a firmware from this thread, named "H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img" but i'm not sure if i should try to flash it or not.
                          I am using the 20190722 firmware in my "Tanix_TX6" 4gb/32gb device, everything is running well, the firmware does have some minor bugs and is not perfect. But overall I haven't had a need to change it back to the May or June firmware. I have no idea what or why your device is classified as a TX6-H, for best results with trying the firmware, first open device and make sure your board and chips are identical to the board pictured in this thread.

                          The Phoenixcard tool doesn't work here (W7 pro), it comes with lots of files in a folder, when i run it it shows no language at all, not even japanese, i have to check the screenshots to see what buttons i must click, and anyway at the end, the process never finishes and there is nothing on the card, it's only formatted... I bought A male-male USB cable that i will receive next week, to eventually try to flash with Phoenix Suite (if ever it wills)
                          Use the Phoenix USB Pro Tool, which you'll need the USBa-to-USBa to use, can find links to download Tool from AndroidPCtv.com in their Allwinner firmware tutorial.

                          So my questions are:
                          - Should i try to flash this file or not?
                          - Or should i flash the original february 2019 firmware that was working? (and is it this file: "TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img" ?)
                          - Is there another way to recover the remote fonctions (like edit a file somewhere in android,i red that earlier in this thread). It would be way more simple and less risky probably?
                          1) yes
                          2) only go back to the old firmware if any of the new firmwares fail to install
                          3) I personally don't use the stock remote, only used it for my air-mouse remote to learn the IR-power-key and never used it again; so would recommend you to do the same, buy a good remote from Banggood, Gearbest, Geekbuying, Aliexpress, or Amazon.


                          Comment


                            Hello everyone,

                            I need your help.

                            I have TX6 box 4/32GB (TX6 on the top of android box).
                            My TX6 box stuck (TV shows only TX6 logo and TX6 box shows boot).
                            I tried to boot up my device for 6 hrs but result is same.

                            I know where the reset button is and of course I pushed it while connecting the usb to the pc (windows 10) but the result is same.

                            Please guide me.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post


                              I am using the 20190722 firmware in my "Tanix_TX6" 4gb/32gb device, everything is running well, the firmware does have some minor bugs and is not perfect. But overall I haven't had a need to change it back to the May or June firmware. I have no idea what or why your device is classified as a TX6-H, for best results with trying the firmware, first open device and make sure your board and chips are identical to the board pictured in this thread.

                              3) I personally don't use the stock remote, only used it for my air-mouse remote to learn the IR-power-key and never used it again; so would recommend you to do the same, buy a good remote from Banggood, Gearbest, Geekbuying, Aliexpress, or Amazon.

                              Thanks a lot of your answer mister, i will post the images of the inside of my box by the end of the week, just to be very sure.
                              I already have another remote, but i still need the original to work too, mine can't learn anything (Rii bluetooth keyboard)
                              have a nice week
                              Last edited by Fredator; 11-01-2019, 04:04.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Brent Norton View Post

                                Sir. You are a joke. "Anyone who uses that bloated POS deserve the problems......"

                                Alice UX, which is one is one of the main selling points of this product.. is nothing more than a rebranded Kodi player. To sit behind your keyboard, a mighty warrior, and advocate that we deserve the problems for using said software, demonstrates to everyone, who the absolute moron is.

                                Furthermore you choose to place me into a group of individuals that I do not conform to as my question above was purely asked, so as to avoid bricking my device. It was simply to find a firmware that addresses my needs, without having to repeatedly reflash the unit.

                                Your attitude in this help forum goes against the very good hearted spirit of the community who are here to assist members with legitimate questions, and not stand in their own arrogance, belittling members with petty name calling and classifications.

                                Perhaps you should go and troll some other forum in the meantime, while I patiently wait for a more legitimate and informative response to my question.

                                Good day to you.

                                "Do not argue with a fool. They will bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
                                Dude, I pretty much don't actually *USE* Alice UX. I use apps like VLC or MXplayer 99% of the time. And Yes Kodi is best described as a bloated POS. How else would you describe something that would literally lock up you phone or tablet while trying to exit from it and the only way to recover it was to hold down the power button down untill the phone or tablet rebooted?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X