Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    @BTR11
    If you have a look at this thread you will see this soc uses more than 2-3 cores if need

and also at http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/11/...oid-4-4-video/
    If I'm not wrong we had the same discussion at the past at the Tronsmart forum...
    Last but not least the latest kernel at Linux and it's core handling http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post279857
    Yes and thanks "No Spam...", the problem at least regarding to Android case, there is not a single official word from Tronsamrt about it. It´s a normal and valid question to know why in a common task like kodi/spmc video playback on RK3188 & RK3288 the 4 cores of SoC can be seen working together distributing evenly the work load on the 4 cores; but with Draco it´s not possible to see on this task only 1 to 3 cores depending on the model. It´s not a matter if this is a true octa core because with those special apps that can be seen, but why the system as it is right now in android it´s not capable to distribute the work load to the 8 cores while the competitor it´s doing?. That it was the question to Tronsmart and if they did not konw they must to ask to Allwinner; definitely loooks like some restriction imposed on the original SDK; may be if they are able to distribute the workload to task like that mentioned, the playback capabilites will be boost a lot.
    Thanks a lot for your deep & very technical test, but may be the answer expected is more simple from the SoC & Box manufacturer if they decide to give us an answer. Many of us had got more than one TV box from different SoC makers and it´s easy to compare and questionning about that; similar case for the smaller amoount of Total ram shown on Draco vs Rockchip???, very normal questions when you had paid for it.....But this is going off topic on this thread.

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

Zahir

Do your have any test with numbers to confirm that homlet rom is better than 20141219v1 ? I try both, and I can not say which one is better!

Comment

@BTR11
        (also if OT)

Ok, I try to explain it again

Amlogic and also allwinner choose another way of "core handling" at the kernel...
        You can say, rockchip "makes it self life easy" and let all cores running whole the time, but amlogic and allwinner only activating the cores as they are needed...
        Rockchips way isn't a quality characteristic, it's only another way...
        I think amlogic and allwinner handle it this way because of heat...

Because of the 8 cores at A80 you should read a little bit about the idea of big.LITTLE http://www.arm.com/products/processo...processing.php ...
        So in my eyes, they optimised something at the kernel to use big and LITTLE at the same time (which wasn't the idea of big.LITTLE, it's more a kind of misuse )...

RAM... yes that's really funny, because at Linux I'm missing 0.8GB instead of the 0.4GB at Android... I think, and of course only thinking, it is something with the driver or so on and maybe only a "visualisation" problem (maybe it is 2 GB and only the tools get wrong information)...But I think also Tronsmart coudn't answer this, only allwinner, and maybe allwinner don't like to answer this question, who knows
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
          Use no-frills cpu app to set CPU governor to "Performance" and I/O scheduler set to "noop" and I think you will be more or less happy whilst appear the long waited stable update for Android from Tronsmart.
          i tried that and it seems to reduce the micro stutter a tiny bit, but most times my box freezes on next boot when I set “apply on boot” in no frills.
          I don’t know if it’s a problem with the governor/scheduler, with the app itself or something else, so I tried to set it via init.d script(using the universal init.d app).
          I don’t know if I have to set the governer for every core, maybe someone can tell me?
          at boot,it looks like the script is executed but in no frills it still shows interactive/cfq.
          this was just a copy and paste job, maybe wrong in some point, so feel free to correct me.
          edit: i put the script into the init.d folder with permission 755.
          Code:
          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]#Scheduler for internal and external sdcard
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “noop” > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “noop” > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/scheduler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
          [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]#Set governor(performance)
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu5/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu6/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu7/cpufreq/scaling_governor
          [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
          btw. my screen settings often revert from 1080p to 720p after a reboot.
          is it possible to set the screen resolution by script?
          Last edited by Boxx; 02-10-2015, 14:48.

Comment

nevermind, it works now.
            this should be correct:
            Code:
            #Set governor (performance)
            echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
            #Scheduler for internal and external sdcard
            echo "noop" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
            echo "noop" > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/scheduler
            #Change resolution and density
            #wm size 1920x1080
            #wm density 240
            sets governer and scheduler correctly at boot and box does not freeze anymore.
            the last two lines are for setting screen resolution and density.
            its working when i type it into the terminal but not from script.
            Last edited by Boxx; 02-10-2015, 19:08. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
              i tried that and it seems to reduce the micro stutter a tiny bit, but most times my box freezes on next boot when I set “apply on boot” in no frills.
              I don’t know if it’s a problem with the governor/scheduler, with the app itself or something else, so I tried to set it via init.d script(using the universal init.d app).
              I don’t know if I have to set the governer for every core, maybe someone can tell me?
              at boot,it looks like the script is executed but in no frills it still shows interactive/cfq.
              this was just a copy and paste job, maybe wrong in some point, so feel free to correct me.
              edit: i put the script into the init.d folder with permission 755.
              Code:
              [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]#Scheduler for internal and external sdcard
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “noop” > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “noop” > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/scheduler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]#Set governor(performance)
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu5/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu6/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu7/cpufreq/scaling_governor
              [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              btw. my screen settings often revert from 1080p to 720p after a reboot.
              is it possible to set the screen resolution by script?
              it' not normal that your screen changes resolution after reboot. My 20141219v1 rom never does that.

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
                it' not normal that your screen changes resolution after reboot. My 20141219v1 rom never does that.
                yes, this did start to happen 2-3 days ago.
                i have xposed framework installed, maybe it conflicts with it. i removed it and will see if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post

Yes Bob, You are correct, I had forgotten those guys at Allwinner; They have the bigger liability of the abnormal performance of this SoC / TV boxes A80 based; They have already a "top" selling product on base of "on paper" specs, hopefully they support us, but quickly. The anomalies regarding multimedia (specially video) playback capabilities on Android are at least "bizarre". But Tronsmart, humm, They are entirely responsible for the USB 3 probs (power?), the lack of OTG, the unproper system "rooting", AV port not operative as advertised, the lack of common and very basic features on the original and only one official so far Firmware from them, after they had started to sell this TV Box and being aware of all of these deficiencies reported from here, and many deeply analyzed by you and other advanced users. Hopefully this will turn quickly to good, because until now it´s being quite bitter.
                  Merry x-mas to you Bob and your family and for Freaktab people; thanks for the space over here to interact.
                  BTR11 and placed your comment! Well, I would report my TV BOX CS-Q8 A80 also is not working the AV output, I wonder why does not work, if it is hardware problem or softwere for already tested several ROM for this style and none of the AV outputIt works and also the Live wallpaper.
                  thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                  X