Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
      but it's sooo last year!?
      2014 12 19
      And what's about 141025? It's "much more last year"
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        And what's about 141025? It's "much more last year"
        haa haa, yes VINTAGE!
        Out: USB audio, HDMI
        In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Best alternative rom so far?

I have the Draco Meta and all I really need to do is stream movie rips/mkv/mp4 files over my network and some web browsing. Weather its MX Player or any version of XBMC or Kodi I get the micro stutter/skipping issue. As of now I have the blurred line at the bottom of the screen with XBMC/Kodi in addition to the afore mentioned. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for smooth playback? I can stream the same files over wifi to my S4 Phone or Galaxy Tab Pro perfectly so I know its not a network issue as I have the Draco connected directly to my router via ethernet as well as too my PC. Is there a better alternative to Tronsmart based ROM that anyone has tested with the results I'm looking for? Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Got it from baidu...
            Is this the latest rom from riko and is it any good?

Flashed finless 1.1 to my mk80 yesterday seems good so far but I do prefer the launcher that came with the mk80.

Is it worth flashing this instead?

Cheers

Comment

No, it's this one http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ock-20141219v1
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by gokuh82 View Post
                I have the Draco Meta and all I really need to do is stream movie rips/mkv/mp4 files over my network and some web browsing. Weather its MX Player or any version of XBMC or Kodi I get the micro stutter/skipping issue. As of now I have the blurred line at the bottom of the screen with XBMC/Kodi in addition to the afore mentioned. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for smooth playback? I can stream the same files over wifi to my S4 Phone or Galaxy Tab Pro perfectly so I know its not a network issue as I have the Draco connected directly to my router via ethernet as well as too my PC. Is there a better alternative to Tronsmart based ROM that anyone has tested with the results I'm looking for? Any help is appreciated.
                Have you tried GJayJayG's "Homlet" rom ? For media playback, it's one of the best of the current bunch.

Try it with TVMC, instead of the official XBMC releases.

Some of us have our eyes (and hopes) pinned on seeing Openelec on our box quite soon: if/when that happens, most, if not all, the video issues that plague the Draco may well be resolved in a fast, efficient Linux build.

Comment

It is the last Tronsmart ubantu stock rom.
                  Last edited by yric37; 02-04-2015, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by gokuh82 View Post
                    As Zahir had said, please try GjayjayG - Homlet V1, It´s the best android rom alternative to the original Meta firmawre (oct/2014). I´m running on Meta and It´s much better than original one and stable. Use no-frills cpu app to set CPU governor to "Performance" and I/O scheduler set to "noop" and I think you will be more or less happy whilst appear the long waited stable update for Android from Tronsmart.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                      As Zahir had said, please try GjayjayG - Homlet V1, It´s the best android rom alternative to the original Meta firmawre (oct/2014). I´m running on Meta and It´s much better than original one and stable. Use no-frills cpu app to set CPU governor to "Performance" and I/O scheduler set to "noop" and I think you will be more or less happy whilst appear the long waited stable update for Android from Tronsmart.
                      Thanks guys!

Comment

Alternative to Stock Rom

I did what you said and don't see any obvious gain by setting governor to performance and scheduler to noop! Any test to show it?

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
                          I did what you said and don't see any obvious gain by setting governor to performance and scheduler to noop! Any test to show it?
                          Yes, nothing fancy, please see the pics attached, just to show some numbers. You know the fake antutu line is commented out (#) on this firmware, so this do not affect, and AntutuX v5.1 was not affected as well before. It's a little gain, but given the current level of limitation imposed to the performance of this powerful SoC this litlle gain by original Allwinner SDK ->transferred to the FW, is welcomed; specially this SoC being Octacore you will not see on the current android FW status more than 2 cores working on the Meta version and 3 cores on the Telos version, independent of the CPU governor used.
                          Any way on the dayli usage me and family feel the overall performance of the box more fluid just navigating between the system, and some lags to play some demanding games, less frequent, even I can feel it playing a simple one, angry birds.

The original no-cpu frills apps settings on the firmware is:
                          Max clock freq: 1800 Mhz
                          Min clock freq: 600 Mhz
                          cpu governor: interactive
                          i/o scheduler: cfq

The one that I use and where I feel the box respond little better is:
                          Min clock freq: 1008 Mhz
                          cpu governor: performance
                          i/o scheduler: noop
                          And the box remains stable with not any thermal / overheating problems after hours of use.

Sure more deep test can be run....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, nothing fancy, please see the pics attached, just to show some numbers. You know the fake antutu line is commented out (#) on this firmware, so this do not affect, and AntutuX v5.1 was not affected as well before. It's a little gain, but given the current level of limitation imposed to the performance of this powerful SoC this litlle gain by original Allwinner SDK ->transferred to the FW, is welcomed; specially this SoC being Octacore you will not see on the current android FW status more than 2 cores working on the Meta version and 3 cores on the Telos version, independent of the CPU governor used.
                            Any way on the dayli usage me and family feel the overall performance of the box more fluid just navigating between the system, and some lags to play some demanding games, less frequent, even I can feel it playing a simple one, angry birds.

The original no-cpu frills apps settings on the firmware is:
                            Min clock freq: 600 Mhz
                            cpu governor: interactive
                            i/o scheduler: cfq

The one that I use and where I feel the box respond little better is:
                            Min clock freq: 1008 Mhz
                            cpu governor: performance
                            i/o scheduler: noop
                            And the box remains stable with not any thermal / overheating problems after hours of use.

Sure more deep test can be run....
                            Thanks for your help!

Comment

@BTR11
                              If you have a look at this thread you will see this soc uses more than 2-3 cores if need

and also at http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/11/...oid-4-4-video/
                              If I'm not wrong we had the same discussion at the past at the Tronsmart forum...
                              Last but not least the latest kernel at Linux and it's core handling http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post279857

@frhdt007
                              Also have a look at the first thread and specially at post #3...
                              I use 1800 / 1800 MHz....
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

@BTR11

@frhdt007
                                Also have a look at the first thread and specially at post #3...
                                I use 1800 / 1800 MHz....
                                @no_spam_for_me
                                you're a real tester with proofs!
                                Sometimes, it's very technical, but very appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X