This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MK808B+ and MXQ

This ROM exists thanks to lots of hard work put into porting OpenELEC to Amlogic devices by codesnake.

This is a port of OpenELEC/LibreELEC for devices based on Amlogic S805. It is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your device into a Kodi media center.

Please note:
    • Official OpenELEC/LibreELEC team does NOT officialy support these builds, and is NOT involved in any way, so DO NOT POST bugs and DO NOT ASK for help on their official forums.
    • If you need help, please ask questions in this topic. Please read FAQ before asking.
    • Keep in mind that CEC does not work with cable supplied with MK808B+, you need to use a better one.
    • If you wish to report a bug, please state clearly which release you are using, which device you have and provide support logs. Thank you for your cooperation!
    • How to generate support logs
    • I created this ROM for myself and work on it in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.
    Devices supported:
    • MK808B Plus - reported to work on Tronsmart MK808B Plus and MK809 Plus
    • Nexteon-made MXQ (a.k.a. Beelink MXQ - with red "MX" on top)
    The builds are also reported to work on: all-black MXQ, OTT MXQ and possibly other S805-based devices. You should first try running this ROM from an SD card to see if it works for you. I will not support/build for a device I don't have.

Odroid-C1 is not supported.

Known issues:
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • sometimes CEC may not work
    • power LED on HD18Q may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all
    LibreELEC 7.0 builds and discussion, how to install and FAQ: LibreELEC forum

Latest OpenELEC 7.0 beta build (no longer updated): OpenELEC 6.95.3.1

Latest OpenELEC 6.0 build (no longer updated): OpenELEC 6.0.3.8

Latest OpenELEC 5.0 build (no longer updated): OpenELEC 5.0.8.20

Changelog and source code available at:
    Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes. Contribute to kszaq/OpenELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.

Thank you:
    I would like to thank all who supported me with donations. Most of all thanks go to noosk for his generous donations and two donated boxes!

I would also like to thank razdolbaev who helped me with providing solutions to some issues, source code and toolchains.

Donations:
    If you consider this project useful you can send me a tip. Donations are used to cover server and coffee expenses.
    Last edited by kszaq; 07-01-2016, 11:05.

Sweet, gonna try the new version out. THX!

Comment

Thanks!!

• some HEVC videos won't play using hardware decoding (issue also present in Android)

I suppose that the video you are talking about, is the one I link you ?
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
        Thanks!!

• some HEVC videos won't play using hardware decoding (issue also present in Android)

I suppose that the video you are talking about, is the one I link you ?
        https://mega.co.nz/#!Ug4yhKBB!fbDsyW...dscF_z0WDbg_AI
        Yes, it is not yet supported by hardware decoder. I am trying to fix it but I can't promise anything.

Comment

Very good. good job Thanks!!!!

Comment

booting from SD

Great kszaq!!!!!

Boot from SD will be great as an option, some users like me prefer Openelec to Android, but linked to some android apps, so I'll have to boot into android sometimes.

Anyway probably there be a misunderstood because thought that booting from SD was a matter of using the automatic recovery boot feature by Amlogic, renaming a proper kernel to recovery.img in a fat32 partition on SD and a second partition with ext4 with openelec, so no need to deal with u-boot. But probably I was wrong. AFAIK in xbmc.ru there is some openelec booting from SD in a direct IMG file to restore in a SD so this can be booted directly without any modification of bootimage.img (u-boot).

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi kszaq,

Like you requested, this should be the latest stock firmware for the MXQ S85.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...d-core-tv-box/

Thanks,
              freezer

Comment

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MK808B Plus

My Mxq comes with this firmware :https://mega.co.nz/#!Ag8yjBrT!SYQprt...Isn05G5omEdqLo

CAn u pls make openelc work for this ,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by freezer2k View Post
                  Like you requested, this should be the latest stock firmware for the MXQ S85.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...d-core-tv-box/

Thanks,
                  freezer
                  Please check your PM.

Originally posted by jackmate View Post
                  My Mxq comes with this firmware :https://mega.co.nz/#!Ag8yjBrT!SYQprt...Isn05G5omEdqLo

CAn u pls make openelc work for this ,thanks
                  This box differs a lot from MK808B Plus and BeeLink's MXQ - different WiFI and BT chip and different board design. I can make a test build for you but I'd need an USB Burning Tool firmware image first.

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
                  Boot from SD will be great as an option, some users like me prefer Openelec to Android, but linked to some android apps, so I'll have to boot into android sometimes.

Anyway probably there be a misunderstood because thought that booting from SD was a matter of using the automatic recovery boot feature by Amlogic, renaming a proper kernel to recovery.img in a fat32 partition on SD and a second partition with ext4 with openelec, so no need to deal with u-boot. But probably I was wrong. AFAIK in xbmc.ru there is some openelec booting from SD in a direct IMG file to restore in a SD so this can be booted directly without any modification of bootimage.img (u-boot).

Thanks a lot.
                  This may work but I've got a better idea:
                  I just got u-boot source code from BeeLink and I will try to implement booting from an SD card Odroid-C1 way i.e. via boot.ini script. I'll have time for that no sooner than at the end of this month.

Comment

I like the boot from SD Card idea the best of both worlds then, looking forward to trying that.

Blinkone
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                      Please check your PM.

This box differs a lot from MK808B Plus and BeeLink's MXQ - different WiFI and BT chip and different board design. I can make a test build for you but I'd need an USB Burning Tool firmware image first.

I just got u-boot source code from BeeLink and I will try to implement booting from an SD card Odroid-C1 way i.e. via boot.ini script. I'll have time for that no sooner than at the end of this month.
                      Like what Blinkone says an option to boot MK808B+ from SD Card is great, I'd love to dual boot it with Ubuntu when it becomes available. Ubuntu & OpenELEC, SWEET.

I have also found out that the Odroid guys are raising the bar as they have an image that boots 3 operating systems Ubuntu, Android & OpenELEC, WOW amazing.

Comment

That's great news! Can't wait to test it!
                        BTW:WeTek Play also boots OE from SD card, maybe you can learn something from their implementation. I know it's a different SoC, but it's still amlogic.

Comment

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MK808B Plus

Please check your PM.

Hi,here u go ,thanks ,send me the test build when u have .

ACEMAX 18Q MXQ Amlogic S805 img SW, need to burn with USB Burning Tool

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

My God, there are many MXQ-like boards around!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking for a way to use an external usb wifi adapter with this fw, any suggestion? I've tried my tp-link 150 mbps adapter, but I can't switch between integrated or external wifi card...
                              Last edited by Milite777; 02-11-2015, 16:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X