Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone managed to run emulators on this version of openelec?

Comment

Originally posted by tsfamd View Post
      Hi Kszaq,

I didn't see any question about this, but do you think that is possible to use MK808BPLUS with a USB DVB Tuner, like HTC Terratec HD (features a empia 288xx chipset), with TVHEADEND, with your Openelec port?
      I can confirm that a Sony Play TV dual tuner (DIB0700) works, but only in the full size USB port.
      Both tuners appear and work in Openelec.

I don't think the OTG port provides enough current for this tuner to work properly.

The Leadtek DTV dual dongle (IT9137 + IT9133.....seen as dual IT9135) also works.

Comment

Hi,

How do you control your Mk808B plus? Can it be controlled by phone app? Which one?

If so, after you flash Openelec in it, can it still be controlled by phone?

Comment

Originally posted by maria33 View Post
          Hi,

How do you control your Mk808B plus? Can it be controlled by phone app? Which one?

You can use Yatse to control your 808B+ but for me I like to look at the screen mainly when I'm using a physical control such as a tronsmart ts01 I think I have. remote on one side and keypad on the other and you recharge it too, I have three of these and there great

Comment

Hi,

Here's the link for my remotes.

Yatse won't work straight away after flashing although it may pick it up.

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart TSM01 English Version Air Mouse + Keyboard for TV Box / PC / Motion Sensing Games online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Comment

Originally posted by Iso-playback View Post
              Here's the link for my remotes.

Yatse won't work straight away after flashing although it may pick it up.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...0305_sku317283
              I have 2 of those remotes and they are great for Android, but for Kodi or OpenELEC this is the best remote.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi,

How do you control your Mk808B plus?
                I'm using this

works very well, with keyboard (with backlight keys) , touchpad and very cheap.

With the OpenElec porting works great also the TV Samsung remote through the CEC protocol (with the android stock firmware not works).

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  I have 2 of those remotes and they are great for Android, but for Kodi or OpenELEC this is the best remote.
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  I used to have one of those but reminded me of a mini laptop keyboard as oppose to a TV remote. I had something similar also with my Sumvision Nano Micro Plus Android box that I flashed With a OpenELEC knock off (PivosLinux) but prefer something small and rechargeable but everyone to their own I guess.

Comment

Power button on remote

Hi,

Thanks all for your hardwork for openelec getting to work on mxq boxes.

I have updated to latest ver 5.0.3 for my MXQ box and working great.

The only problem i have is that my remote control is not responding. I have following remote control:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Hey guys please help! I think I bricked my wifi bad with this one...I thought I had Beelink so I flashed it but it turns out I have some MelzerTV box, and their firmware and support is nonexistant and I factory reset my XBMC out of frustration...

Anyway I just want my wifi back. It turns on and connects and obtains IP address etc everything but cannot connect to anything, just a white icon in the background when it's supposed to be blue I think.

Is my box wifi bricked forever? There's no way it physically damaged the wifi card (I think), but I tried clearing dalvik cache and cache using TWRP and still nothing...

What to do? I just want my wifi back good sirs!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnythakkar_2005 View Post
                        Hi,

Thanks all for your hardwork for openelec getting to work on mxq boxes.

I have updated to latest ver 5.0.3 for my MXQ box and working great.

The only problem i have is that my remote control is not responding. I have following remote control:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                        This looks like a common remote used for BeeLink MXQ. Do you have a zip file with Android for your box? There's a remote.conf file in /system/etc folder. Please post it here and we'll see what can be done about it.

Originally posted by AcidHaze View Post
                        Hey guys please help! I think I bricked my wifi bad with this one...I thought I had Beelink so I flashed it but it turns out I have some MelzerTV box, and their firmware and support is nonexistant and I factory reset my XBMC out of frustration...

Anyway I just want my wifi back. It turns on and connects and obtains IP address etc everything but cannot connect to anything, just a white icon in the background when it's supposed to be blue I think.

Is my box wifi bricked forever? There's no way it physically damaged the wifi card (I think), but I tried clearing dalvik cache and cache using TWRP and still nothing...

What to do? I just want my wifi back good sirs!

Thanks!
                        You almost certainly did not damage your WiFi card. If you have a non-BeeLink MXQ, there may be some differences in device tree used by kernel to determine where some signals have to be sent and that's why your WiFi is not working. Have you flashed back Android fimware? If yes, is it specifically for your box?

Comment

Since I can't edit the OP anymore , I am posting a new release announcement here:

5.0.5-20150306
                          • OpenELEC 5.0.5 (by @OpenELEC team)
                          • amports and deinterlacer in kernel updated to Amlogic Lollipop SDK (thanks to @surkovalex for providing the source code)
                          • removed 250ms latency on SPDIF for MXQ
                          • fixed HEVC playback (thanks to new kernel and a patch from @koying)
                          • fixed playback of 23.978 VC-1 videos in MKV container
                          • some minor fixes to video playback in Kodi by @codesnake and @davilla
                          • refactored Bluetooth support so that it does not need to be power-cycled on every reboot (an idea by @codesnake)

Of course you don't have to wipe all your data, simply download a tar and update according to OpenELEC guidelines.
                          Last edited by kszaq; 03-06-2015, 13:18.

Comment

Are you saying that now the HEVC videos with problems are now playable ?
                            (for example https://mega.co.nz/#!Ug4yhKBB!fbDsyW...dscF_z0WDbg_AI )

Thanks!

• some HEVC videos won't play using hardware decoding (issue also present in Android)

Comment

Installed the latest version (via toothpick) on my MXQ and it's great, except that no CEC functionality is being detected.

Using the same HDMI-cable and TV with a Raspberry works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post

• some HEVC videos won't play using hardware decoding (issue also present in Android)
                                since the previous release (20150226) in my case 100% the h265 videos work without problems... before about 50-60% don't work
                                kudos to kszaq and codesnake

Comment

Working...
                                X