This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goofball View Post
    Do you have access to the Peripherals setting in Settings -> System -> Input Devices? That's where my TV shows up with the settings for CEC on my Pi. I don't have CEC working on my system yet.
    No...
    Even if I have CEC working, in input device list I have not CEC settings

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      I received my MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 about 3 hours ago. I tried the stock rom with a USB to Ethernet adapter, but it was very slow, less than 2Mbps download, swapped with another one that was in use on another device, it was a little better, but still slow. less than 6 Mbps download speed.

Loaded your OpenELEC-Amlogic.MK808B.Plus.arm-5.0.5-20150309 on to it. First thing I noticed is that it is missing the tvheadend server. I was going to use this box as a stand alone DVR using tvheadend as the TV server.

I also, notice that the USB Ethernet adapter works, just like under Android very slow.

I am using OpenELEC on my Tronsmart S89H and it has the tvheadend server installed. Would it be possible to install it on your next version.

Also, is it possible to fine tune the USB Ethernet adapter.

thanks
      I have two USB Ethernet , one is 0.5meg dead slow and the other 7.5meg which is what i get so I guess its just luck with a compatible usb2ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by Iso-playback View Post
        I have two USB Ethernet , one is 0.5meg dead slow and the other 7.5meg which is what i get so I guess its just luck with a compatible usb2ethernet
        Reading the OpenELEC wiki about what Ethernet adapter that works well, I have ordered this one.
        Plugable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter (USB2-E1000)
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
          No...
          Even if I have CEC working, in input device list I have not CEC settings
          You're right, I think my cable actually does CEC. I mainly want CEC for switching to the proper TV input when there is any activity from the mk808b (same as what the pi does). It doesn't do that for me.
          What it does do however, is turn off the unit when the TV is turned off, even though the power for the mk808 is not through the TV but a wall adapter. This is rather annoying as I have to then unplug and plug the power cable back in to get it to work.
          It will then, for some unknown reason, switch my TV to the proper input but nothing is showing on the screen and my phone app for controlling the 808 shows it being offline. If I boot it up with the proper input already selected for the 808b, it works as expected.
          Very odd behaviour. I'm tempted to go back to my old non-cec cable for now until this is sorted out, or see if there is something in the TV settings that I can adjust.

Comment

Hello,
            I bought a new Manhattan HDMI cable and now CEC is working right with my Panasonic VT60.
            Thanks!

I have only one problem..now it's working too well:
            I need that MK808B Plus will be always on,
            but when I turn off my TV the MK808BPlus go into sleep mode (or it turn off, I dont know)

There is a way to disable this behavior ?

Thanks
            Beside having the provious ploblem,I noticed that
            If my onkyo AV receiver and TV are in standby,
            when I power on the Mk808B plus the AV receiver is turning on.
            Even if I turn off the receiver, after few seconds it turn on again

This problem with CEC HDMI cable
            There is a way to configure CEC?
            Thanks

Comment

Hello,
              I bought a new Manhattan HDMI cable and now CEC is working right with my Panasonic VT60.
              Thanks!

but when I turn off my TV the MK808BPlus go into sleep mode (or it turn off, I dont know)

Thanks
              I don't mind the device going into sleep mode ... but I wish it would wake up via CEC too.
              A friend has a Panasonic LED TV. There is an option in the VIERA Link section to stop shut down / wake up when the TV is turned on/off. This works fine, except for the fact that CEC stops operating when the TV is turned back on.

Comment

Hi kszaq, I just received my MXQ and have loaded the latest 5.0.5 image. The performance is impressive, all of my HEVC files play well and the ethernet and WiFi seem fast and stable. I have found a few small issues, however.

-CEC does not seem to work at all. I have both LG and Samsung screens and neither of them detect a CEC device when using my MXQ. I also have an MXIII with Kerbers release that works flawlessly with both these screens using the same HDMI cables. Is CEC disabled by design on this latest release?

-You mentioned bluetooth worked. I attempted to use this but under Bluetooth in OE config it says 'no bluetooth adapter found' and also under Services > Enable Bluetooth. I don't seem to be able to see the MXQ from any other device, or see any other device from the MXQ.

-Kodi randomly restarts. It can happen from browsing the menus to loading apps. I'm not sure what causes it but it did happen quite a bit in Codesnakes earlier releases on the MX2.

Apart from these small issues it's a fantastic build and my hats off to you. Please PM me in regards for donations as it would be great to support your future developments on the MXQ.

Comment

Boot slow on 5.0.5 compared to 5.0.3

Hi,

Thanks again for all your hard work. I am running MXQ and updated to version 5.0.5. I have noticed that boot time is now about 2 mins but before on 5.0.3, it was about 20 seconds.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                    Hi kszaq, I just received my MXQ and have loaded the latest 5.0.5 image. The performance is impressive, all of my HEVC files play well and the ethernet and WiFi seem fast and stable. I have found a few small issues, however.

-You mentioned bluetooth worked. I attempted to use this but under Bluetooth in OE config it says 'no bluetooth adapter found' and also under Services > Enable Bluetooth. I don't seem to be able to see the MXQ from any other device, or see any other device from the MXQ.

Did you make sure to buy the MXQ that came with bluetooth? there are some cheaper models that did not include the bluetooth adapter.

Comment

Sorry for taking a long time to respond.

Originally posted by ovidiu31 View Post
                      The issue persist , if enabling AMLCODEC on the screen when starting a an HD quality video material the video get runing ok in the foreground but a nasty window is overlays over the video.

Disabling AMLCODEC doen allow to play FULL HD content as the image is choppy and in slow motion.
                      Question is anyone else having similar behavior with their MK808B plus device?

From what i have read on some russian forum this stuff was solved with (kerber) kernel for MXQ.
                      the problem is that in DMESG | Paste nothing is visible ... related to this issue.
                      Can you post a short sample of a video you are having problems with? You may actually combine Kerber's kernel and my System image, they are not very different. And from what I know, we use the same kernels. I personally never experienced this issue and a sample video would help me reproduce it.

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
                      Hi all.

I've been waiting for thge possibility of running this awesome work from SD (I need some app from android) but no luck. I've decided to flash openelec and going back to android on demand, but I need to be sure that this can be done.

I guess that the only cahnce to do this is running TWRP from SD, make an nandroid backup, then flashing Openelec, but this is the tricky step Is it possible after that of running again TWRP from SD or the uboot has been changed? so this possibility is vahished?

If hopefully TWRP work after openelec, can I make a backup using TWRP, an this way can be switch between 2 backups?

Iĺl appreciate any help.

Thanks all
                      This should work, although it would take a lot of time to switch between backups. In my OpenELEC zips I use stock uboot so it shouldn't be a problem to boot from SD card again.

Thanks
                      Yes, you can add the following line to your autostart script:
                      Code:
                      echo 0xb > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                      If it doesn't work, you can try replacing 0xb with 0xd.
                      Here's how to make an autostart script: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Autostart.sh

Beside having the provious ploblem,I noticed that
                      If my onkyo AV receiver and TV are in standby,
                      when I power on the Mk808B plus the AV receiver is turning on.
                      Even if I turn off the receiver, after few seconds it turn on again

This problem with CEC HDMI cable
                      There is a way to configure CEC?
                      Thanks
                      Curretly there is no way to configure CEC except that you can turn off the autostart/-off feature by following instructions above.

[COLOR=#000000]Hi kszaq, I just received my MXQ and have loaded the latest 5.0.5 image. The performance is impressive, all of my HEVC files play well and the ethernet and WiFi seem fast and stable. I have found a few small issues, however.

-CEC does not seem to work at all. I have both LG and Samsung screens and neither of them detect a CEC device when using my MXQ. I also have an MXIII with Kerbers release that works flawlessly with both these screens using the same HDMI cables. Is CEC disabled by design on this latest release?
                      CEC is enabled and it worked well for me on both a Samsung and LG TV. Have you tried using a different cable than the stock one? CEC is still a bit buggy and does not work for some people, there are developers with a lot more knowledge than I have working on this issue.

You may have a different Bluetooth chipset or not have it at all. Can you post a dmesg grabbed right after booting your box?

-Kodi randomly restarts. It can happen from browsing the menus to loading apps. I'm not sure what causes it but it did happen quite a bit in Codesnakes earlier releases on the MX2.
                      I never experienced this and it may be due to some plugins you use. Are you experiencing complete reboots (with OpenELEC logo) or Kodi restarts (only Kodi logo is shown)?

Originally posted by sunnythakkar_2005 View Post
                      Hi,

Thanks again for all your hard work. I am running MXQ and updated to version 5.0.5. I have noticed that boot time is now about 2 mins but before on 5.0.3, it was about 20 seconds.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
                      Mine boots in a few seconds. There have been no changes that affect booting time. There may be 2 reasons for what you observed:
                      • system upgrade - in that case only the first boot is long as the system needs to unpack and install the upgrade and reboot again
                      • fsck - when one of your filesystems has errors it needs to be scanned on boot.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                        Code:
                        Here's how to make an autostart script: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Autostart.sh
                        Thanks for answer,
                        I try with 0xb and 0xd but it doesnt work.

I create the file in location /storage/.config/autostart.sh , I made it executable with the following content:

Code:
                        or
                        Code:
                        echo 0xd > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                        But it doesnt works

EDIT:
                        After rebooting, if I check the value using
                        Code:
                         [COLOR=#2E8B57][FONT=Monaco]more /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        I have as value 0xf and not 0xb!

I tried to type via ssh
                        Code:
                        and in this way I had the right value into cec_config and the CEC starts working as I need.

So my problem is the autostart.sh file...where am I wrong with this file ?
                        Last edited by xitpu; 03-15-2015, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                          Sorry for taking a long time to respond.

Can you post a short sample of a video you are having problems with? You may actually combine Kerber's kernel and my System image, they are not very different. And from what I know, we use the same kernels. I personally never experienced this issue and a sample video would help me reproduce it.

This should work, although it would take a lot of time to switch between backups. In my OpenELEC zips I use stock uboot so it shouldn't be a problem to boot from SD card again.

Code:

Curretly there is no way to configure CEC except that you can turn off the autostart/-off feature by following instructions above.

CEC is enabled and it worked well for me on both a Samsung and LG TV. Have you tried using a different cable than the stock one? CEC is still a bit buggy and does not work for some people, there are developers with a lot more knowledge than I have working on this issue.

You may have a different Bluetooth chipset or not have it at all. Can you post a dmesg grabbed right after booting your box?

I never experienced this and it may be due to some plugins you use. Are you experiencing complete reboots (with OpenELEC logo) or Kodi restarts (only Kodi logo is shown)?

Mine boots in a few seconds. There have been no changes that affect booting time. There may be 2 reasons for what you observed:
                          • system upgrade - in that case only the first boot is long as the system needs to unpack and install the upgrade and reboot again
                          • fsck - when one of your filesystems has errors it needs to be scanned on boot.
                          after the upgrade, it has become slower. Everytime i boot, it takes 2 mins. I will try clean build and see how i go.

Thanks

Comment

With new 5.0.6 openelec isnt work Hdmi cec with my LG TV.
                            With 5.0.5 09-03-2015 it worked.
                            Go back to 5.0.5

Comment

Media box MK808B Plus (Quadcore M805, Mali-450) and Openelec 5.0.5-20150309. Everything went smooth, until weird video playback. Audio passthrough plays nice, but no matter which video format I tried there was only a digital noise half screen instead of motion picture:

[screenshot]

I had to return to standard ROM 109k and miss support for wifi dongle TP-LINK TL-WN722N (which was a decent solution for poor wifi reception).

Any ideas?
                              Last edited by hulek; 03-16-2015, 10:48.

Comment

BT is present in my MK808B plus?

Hi kszaq, my mk808b plus with your OpenElec porting works very well but the Bluetooth adapter into OpeneElec setting wasn't found as noosk.
                                I have saved a dsmsg after a reboot but in all file no bluetooth mention.

I have buyed a fake mk808b plus without BT?

Update:
                                Sorry... I have found the activation of Bluetooth in Service... all work
                                Last edited by mcmurphy; 03-16-2015, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X