This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikesheadroom View Post
    I am experiencing this "minor" bug on every video I try using both versions 5.0.3-20150214 and 5.0.5-20150306 using 1080P output. If I use 720P output, the entire screen is filled with the garbled video stream. I have tried reboots and hard power cycles and it persists on every video. I am using this unit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q9NOQPM/. Kodi works just fine for me when run under Android.
    Has anyone found the cause of this problem? Am I the only one experiencing this?
    Thanks!
    I have found the problem is only present when the setting "Allow hardware acceleration (amcodec)", found under Settings > Videos > Acceleration, is checked. Unchecking that allows videos to play without interference, but on the downside, 1080P video is choppy. 720P video seems to play okay.

Comment

Today evening (CET) I will post an update with a fix in kernel (by @codesnake) that would probably fix CEC for some of you. Keep in mind that CEC does not work with cable supplied with MK808B+, you need to use a better one.

The update will also include a fix in Bluetooth initialization script to fix config uart_ao_ttyS0 dmesg spam.

I will also look at the hardware decoding problem.

Comment

That CEC patch is really working, in the meantime a workaround is echoing "0xb" to the cec_config sysfs file, I noticed it today playing with my CEC and my new Panasonic TV, that fix though works with every CEC configuration. Codesnake is a beast
        WeTek Play
        Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
        Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
        KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
        Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
          That CEC patch is really working, in the meantime a workaround is echoing "0xb" to the cec_config sysfs file, I noticed it today playing with my CEC and my new Panasonic TV, that fix though works with every CEC configuration. Codesnake is a beast
          Shame my poor old Samsung UE32H5000 is lacking in CEC support. Why do Samsung only release CEC as part of a Smart TV, if you dislike smart TVs as I do you suffer by losing out on CEC. Come on Samsung sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Iso-playback View Post
            Shame my poor old Samsung UE32H5000 is lacking in CEC support. Why do Samsung only release CEC as part of a Smart TV, if you dislike smart TVs as I do you suffer by losing out on CEC. Come on Samsung sort it out.
            I have a very old Samsung that is definitely not Smart and it has CEC. I mean, the remote doesn't even have a way to program other devices, lol. I also have a Toshiba that is not smart and has CEC.

Comment

Originally posted by goofball View Post
              I have a very old Samsung that is definitely not Smart and it has CEC. I mean, the remote doesn't even have a way to program other devices, lol. I also have a Toshiba that is not smart and has CEC.
              Lucky you, my Samsung is a 2014 model and the one in the bedroom is a 2013 model UE32F5000 non smart but sadly no CEC.

Comment

A small update:

5.0.5-20150309
                • HDMI-CEC fix for some TVs thanks to @codesnake
                • fix for config uart_ao_ttyS0 dmesg spam
                • add support for SD resolutions (you may have to switch back to HD in Settings after upgrading)

No big changes, please report after you update. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                  A small update:
                  Thanks for that, but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem with the MXQ and CEC. Here's a new dmesg in case it helps:

Edit: Did a fresh install via toothpick.

Comment

I recently had problems with an addon that might be caused by the kodi 14.2 beta in the latest releases.
                    So my questions are:

@all: is it possible to downgrade via the tar-update method?

@kszaq: is it possible that you add all your great amlogic, cec etc. patches but keep kodi on a stable release? I think that would benefit many users.

Comment

Originally posted by LeSpark View Post
                      Thanks for that, but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem with the MXQ and CEC. Here's a new dmesg in case it helps:

Edit: Did a fresh install via toothpick.
                      It seems from your log like there is a CEC conection. Can you do
                      Code:
                      cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec* | paste
                      and post it here? Thanks.

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                      @all: is it possible to downgrade via the tar-update method?
                      Yes, you can safely downgrade without clearing your data between 5.0.x releases. Remember to make a backup just in case.

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                      @kszaq: is it possible that you add all your great amlogic, cec etc. patches but keep kodi on a stable release? I think that would benefit many users.
                      I try to keep as close to upstream as possible which means that you'd have to wait for a stable Kodi release in next OpenELEC version. Kodi 14.2 beta is what OpenELEC use in the official releases.

But there's a way:
                      • download 5.0.3-20150214 and 5.0.5-20150309 tar from releases page
                      • untar SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 from 5.0.3 release into Updates folder
                      • untar KERNEL and KERNEL.md5 from 5.0.5 release into Updates folder
                      • reboot your box

After doing that you will have Kodi 14.1 with the latest kernel-side improvements.

Comment

It seems from your log like there is a CEC conection. Can you do
                        Code:
                        cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec* | paste
                        and post it here? Thanks.
                        Sure: http://sprunge.us/VhIJ

Comment

Originally posted by LeSpark View Post
                          Okay, that means that there is no CEC communication between the devices. Could you try what @ChristianTroy suggested earlier? That means:
                          Code:
                          echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                          echo 0xb > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config

Comment

Okay, that means that there is no CEC communication between the devices. Could you try what @ChristianTroy suggested earlier? That means:
                            Code:
                            echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                            echo 0xb > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                            I tried that now, but nothing happened. Here's a new dmesg:

Comment

network usb 2.0 dongle

Hi
                              I bought this usb2.0 network dongle (like in the post #28):
                              http://www.geekbuying.com/item/High-...et-314264.html

When I plug it in for the first time it work, if I reboot the network dongle don't want to power on.
                              And if I go (after reboot) in OPENELEC->CONNECTIONS , WIRED CONNECTION is DISABLE, and when I click on it, it stay disabled.

Do you know why ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi!

Can someone confirm a working CEC with Samsung TVs pls?

Comment

Working...
                                X