Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting mac discovery failed after I add smb source file. Other than that everything works good

Comment

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC 5.0.3 for MK808B Plus and Beelink MXQ

Originally posted by d4nny82 View Post
      I keep getting mac discovery failed after I add smb source file. Other than that everything works good
      I also receive this error reporting on my NAS Box but it doesn't affect the video in anyway or the stability of OpenELEC so I'm assuming an immediate fix is not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
        Hi kszaq, nice work on getting openelec to these devices. I am intending to purchase an mxq, but am basing my purchase on this software's ability to decode hvec files. Is it possible to do so at the moment?
        Yes, it is. There is a note in the OP that some of them don't play but I have good news: I've just compiled a new kernel from https://github.com/surkovalex/linux-...its/new_kernel and it seems like all of them are playable now! I need to do more tests and will post a test build in a few days.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the response mate. I'll order a unit tonight

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
            Yes, it is. There is a note in the OP that some of them don't play but I have good news: I've just compiled a new kernel from https://github.com/surkovalex/linux-...its/new_kernel and it seems like all of them are playable now! I need to do more tests and will post a test build in a few days.
            Fantastic, I've been waiting for this, THANKS kszag.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
              Awesome thanks for the response mate. I'll order a unit tonight
              Maybe you'd rather wait until the tests are finished?

Comment

Originally posted by d4nny82 View Post
                This easy to fix: just uncheck the option "Try to wake remote servers on access" in Settings/System/Power Saving. I'm not sure why this is on by default, but turning it off gets rid of that error.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                  Maybe you'd rather wait until the tests are finished?
                  I don't mind testing, I look forward to trying your releases

Comment

An update to test then!

Short changelog:
                    • amports drivers from Lollipop SDK (thanks to Surkovalex@github)
                    • removed 250ms delay to fix SPDIF on MXQ

Kernel source code: https://github.com/kszaq/linux-amlog...er_new_amports

Things I noticed that changed for good: HEVC decoding and better-looking deinterlacing.

Please test and report:
                    • HEVC videos that did not play with previous releases
                    • 23.976fps fluidity
                    • audio passthough (both regular and HD formats since I can't test this at all)

Links (Edit: Update to fix 23.976fps):

Last edited by kszaq; 02-26-2015, 22:30.

Comment

I am ATM without an 805 device to test, another 808b plus arriving from Gearbest ( maybe 1 month ), drooling following Your work! Thanks!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Does wake-on-lan working with mk808b+ and this fw? Anyone used it?

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq285791
                          An update to test then!

Short changelog:
                          • amports drivers from Lollipop SDK (thanks to Surkovalex@github)
                          • removed 250ms delay to fix SPDIF on MXQ

Kernel source code: https://github.com/kszaq/linux-amlog...er_new_amports

Things I noticed that changed for good: HEVC decoding and better-looking deinterlacing.

Please test and report:
                          • HEVC videos that did not play with previous releases
                          • 23.976fps fluidity
                          • audio passthough (both regular and HD formats since I can't test this at all)

Links (Edit: Update to fix 23.976fps):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m4rfzp2vb...est-2.tar?dl=0
                          I tested 14/02 version and your latest update. Fantastic!!!
                          Hevc videos that doesn't play with 14/02, works great with this update. Thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by adonebert View Post
                            I tested 14/02 version and your latest update. Fantastic!!!
                            Hevc videos that doesn't play with 14/02, works great with this update. Thanks !!!

h265 works for me too now, didn't in the previous releases, awesome!

Still have some occasional lag/stutter in the videos, not sure if this is related to the many .tar updates I applied?

Should a .zip flash via recovery be cleaner?
                            Think the lag started after flashing the first 250ms delay testbuild. Could this be a residual?

Can't find anything in kodi.log or dmesg that would indicate a problem.
                            Playing a 23.976fps movie and output mode is:
                            OpenELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/display/mode
                            1080p23hz

Comment

Originally posted by freezer2k View Post
                              h265 works for me too now, didn't in the previous releases, awesome!

Still have some occasional lag/stutter in the videos, not sure if this is related to the many .tar updates I applied?

Should a .zip flash via recovery be cleaner?
                              Think the lag started after flashing the first 250ms delay testbuild. Could this be a residual?

Can't find anything in kodi.log or dmesg that would indicate a problem.
                              Playing a 23.976fps movie and output mode is:
                              OpenELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/display/mode
                              1080p23hz
                              After applying tar update I too can play H265. I watch allot of American TV Shows and I also receive a slight jerk/lag every so often but not on all files and when I play the same file on my Raspberry Pi Version B using Raspbmc the lag/jerk is not visible but I don't think this is due to this version of OE but more to do with the video that is played around 24fps where the PI using its dated GPU outputs at around 8-9fps rendering the jerk/lag invisible (If I'm wrong here I stand corrected)

Comment

Fast playback in mp4 files

Hi! I'm having an issue playing some mp4 videos, local stored and streaming from internet. Concretly, it's an unusual fast playback ( audio and video ). Is this a known problem? Is there any way to fix it?

I have last test release (OpenELEC-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-5.0.3-20150226-test-2) installed in a Beelink MXQ s805 box.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X