This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wendigo View Post
    I'm trying to test the SD version in a HD18Q (OTT MXQ), but I'm unable to bring up recovery using the toothpick method.

I own an old GBox Midnight and I'm familiar with the toothpick method, so I'm pretty sure that I'm doing it correctly.

The SD card was prepared restoring the downloaded image using DD, and it is correctly loaded both in the PC and in the MXQ after boot.

I have just received my MXQ and it is the firsts test I do with it, so I don't know if it is a problem of lacking recovery partition or that the SD method simply doesn't work.

Has anyone tried the SD version on the HD18Q?
    Nobody has given a report on HD18Q yet. You can try issuing a 'reboot recovery' command in Android with the SD card inserted. Your box should reboot, briefly display Recovery Robot and then (hopefully) reboot to OpenELEC.

Comment

My box doesn't come with any reboot app. I have tried to install some reboot recovery app from the Play Store and I was unable to find any (¿?).

I will try to download one apk with my phone, copy it to the SD and install it in the box from there.

Is there any other way to force a reboot to recovery?

Comment

My box doesn't come with any reboot app. I have tried to install some reboot recovery app from the Play Store and I was unable to find any (¿?).

I will try to download one apk with my phone, copy it to the SD and install it in the box from there.

Is there any other way to force a reboot to recovery?
        Which box?

Comment

Originally posted by rev6 View Post

Which box?
          It is a OTT MXQ (HD18Q).

I have installed Quick Reboot via apk, but it seems that the device is not rooted. Not working.

I didn't want to install p8 to NAND since I would like to keep the original Android ROM installed. I have been unable to find the same stock ROM. Mine is dated 2015/05/18 and newest I have found is several months older.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

Nobody has given a report on HD18Q yet. You can try issuing a 'reboot recovery' command in Android with the SD card inserted. Your box should reboot, briefly display Recovery Robot and then (hopefully) reboot to OpenELEC.
            I will give SD version on black MXQ a try tonight & will let you know.
            Last edited by borikua; 07-02-2015, 16:58. Reason: more specific

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post

I will give SD version on black MXQ a try tonight & will let you know.
              It might have a reset button in the AV port. If it does turn it off. Use a toothpick to press the button and turn on the box while holding it down.

Comment

I'm trying to test the SD version in a HD18Q (OTT MXQ), but I'm unable to bring up recovery using the toothpick method.

I own an old GBox Midnight and I'm familiar with the toothpick method, so I'm pretty sure that I'm doing it correctly.

The SD card was prepared restoring the downloaded image using DD, and it is correctly loaded both in the PC and in the MXQ after boot.

I have just received my MXQ and it is the firsts test I do with it, so I don't know if it is a problem of lacking recovery partition or that the SD method simply doesn't work.

Has anyone tried the SD version on the HD18Q?
                there should be an update app in there. That is actually what is called. Update. You can then select zip file you want to flash + select cache & data wipe and it will install it. That is what I have done on some MXQ black boxes. Toothpick on many MXQ black do nothing. Just reboots as usual.
                Last edited by borikua; 07-02-2015, 17:01. Reason: spelling.

Comment

there should be an update app in there. That is actually what is called. Update. You can then select zip file you want to flash + select cache & data wipe and it will install it. That is what I have done on some MXQ black boxes. Toothpick on many MXQ black do nothing. Just reboots as usual.
                  Does that mean "no SD version" for my box, then?

I guess if I can't get to recovery, I can't boot from SD...

Comment

Time and Date

I cant properly get time & date. I am using MXQ all black. version p8 & updated to p16.

But both on wireless or Ethernet time & date is wrong with date dec 31, 1969

Tried a adding pool.ntp.org to timeservers but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
                    Just random question trying to figure this out. If before flashing openelec I did not edit my date and time on android will this create a problem when I flash openelec?

Comment

Hello kszaq ,
                      Im using the p15 openelec version on mk808b+ and when im watching live tv stream im getting audio noise on sport tv 1 (portuguese channel) and its running on Standart quality. All the others channels audio are working fine. I uploaded 2 short videos on youtube so you could see the difference.

Mk808b+ sound noise:
                      Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Pc clear sound (same stream):
                      Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Here is my log -> http://xbmclogs.com/ptmtt1b8y

If you can fix this cool, if you cant thanks anyway

Other issues that i spotted:
                      - Mouse lags wheel/scroll works only when pressed and right click lags alot. Im using mitsai r500 wireless mouse.
                      - Acestream is not working
                      - These past 2 days it was booting straight to the videos menu. Today is booting again to the main menu (i know its not stable).
                      - Kore and yatse are working but very slow when navigating the menus. Does anyone has this problem?
                      Last edited by miguelf; 07-02-2015, 19:14.
                      MK808b Plus @ gearbest

Comment

Does that mean "no SD version" for my box, then?

I guess if I can't get to recovery, I can't boot from SD...
                        When I've had problems booting to recovery I've found that removing the SD card and booting to the internal recovery works. Then you can insert your SD card and point the updater to your new image.

Comment

China-1 Stock | Buy High Speed 480Mbps 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I'am thinking of buying this usb hub , plan is to connect on mk808b+ this usb ethernet adapter and Tronsmart air mouse TSM01

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart High Speed USB 2.0 to RJ45 LAN Ethernet Network Adapter for MINI PC TV Box Mac Tablet - White online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart TSM01 English Version Air Mouse + Keyboard for TV Box / PC / Motion Sensing Games online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

so question is are this combination work correctly

on mk808+ is last openelec release

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                            I'll re-check that when I get back home. As a workaround you can rename recovery.img to kernel.img and a toothpick won't be necessary.
                            While the workaround works fine, will the normal toothpick + recovery.img method be available?

Can we open local console with crtl+alt+f3 ? On OE i386 I'd add 'debugging' to kernel boot line to enable local console.

Comment

Dear kszaq, many thanks for all your work.
                              I've an MXQ with red MX and Q button, and everything is fine with stable release on SD.
                              OpenElec says no BT module avalaible also if my device has BT, but it's not a problem.

I've a slightly unrelated question for you...How different is OpenELEC kernel from an Android Kernel? Is it possible to pack your zImage into a boot.bin for Android?

thanks again!

Comment

Time and Date

I cant properly get time & date. I am using MXQ all black. version p8 & updated to p16.

But both on wireless or Ethernet time & date is wrong with date dec 31, 1969

Tried a adding pool.ntp.org to timeservers but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
                                Solved.

Okay, so after a couple of days of trying to figure this out and doing all kinds of stuff to no avail I finally decided for some reason to connect to my iphone hotspot and realize the time and date started to function correctly. Something in my router? Although same box in Android worked fine. Maybe something to do with MAC address or IP? Don't know. I did a complete hard reset on my router and now time and date is working fine. Whew!

Comment

Working...
                                X