No announcement yet.

UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, & thank you very much for the reply. As I said above the box is a cyclone nano 2 slim, when I bought it Jynxbox m6 hardware was already installed (pure linux) & all I want to do is remove the linux & just revert back to an android box. The following is what is listed on the box,
    cpu: arm v7 processor rev0 (v7L)
    Bogo mips: 1962.83
    hardware: jynxbox m6
    op. system: 3.0.101-mx#lsmp Tues Feb 18 11:37:06 est 2014armv7l

xbmc 12.4 git: 20140215-666e177(compiled: Feb 18 2014)

Again as I said above I have tried probably about 8 different files to revert back to android (from this thread as well as others) but every one comes back with "get prop build" "stvmx" 1364272097" error & aborted. I have tried renaming the img files to zip files, the zip files to img files & even removing the first line in the "meta-info" file (as suggested on one of the other sites I've been scouring) but none of them will remove the linux & go back to android. Hope you can come up with something & again thanks for replying.

Comment

brick mygica atv1200

hello! I did and I could brick my mygica atv1200 please help me and urge me to bring back to life. over finles 1.4a, I tried to install the official version 4.2 and never on, what I could I do? thank you!

Comment

Re: UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by joshua99 View Post
        Hi, & thank you very much for the reply. As I said above the box is a cyclone nano 2 slim, when I bought it Jynxbox m6 hardware was already installed (pure linux) & all I want to do is remove the linux & just revert back to an android box. The following is what is listed on the box,
        cpu: arm v7 processor rev0 (v7L)
        Bogo mips: 1962.83
        hardware: jynxbox m6
        op. system: 3.0.101-mx#lsmp Tues Feb 18 11:37:06 est 2014armv7l

xbmc 12.4 git: 20140215-666e177(compiled: Feb 18 2014)

Again as I said above I have tried probably about 8 different files to revert back to android (from this thread as well as others) but every one comes back with "get prop build" "stvmx" 1364272097" error & aborted. I have tried renaming the img files to zip files, the zip files to img files & even removing the first line in the "meta-info" file (as suggested on one of the other sites I've been scouring) but none of them will remove the linux & go back to android. Hope you can come up with something & again thanks for replying.
        Do you know what chip is in your device? It makes no sense what they say "hardware already installed" do they mean firmware? If you can open it and post some photos of the chip we can go from there.

Comment

Hi, first of all I would like to apologise for my ignorance regards this episode, I thought the chip was the "cpu" as you can probably tell I am not literate at all in these matters but I'm trying. I went onto "cyclone's " website & the specs were Nano slim 2 android 4.1.
          cpu - dual core arm cortext a9 1.5 ghz.
          graphics - mali 400mp2 400 mhz.
          ram - 1gb ddr3
          int mem. 4gb.
          op. system - android 4.1
          Obviously the people I bought the box from have replaced the android with pure linux & made sure that you cannot go back & that is all I'm trying to do.

I'm afraid I'm not confident enough to be taking things apart, & if this info. is not good enough I think I'll just call it a day & buy another box that suits me better.

Comment

I am assuming it's an amlogic device, but which chip is it? M3 mx and so on. I will search for info on your box, can you pm the complete name or anything that defines exactly which box is it?

Comment

I had a normally working firmware in my Mygica ATV1200 box - Android 4.1 Geniatech Firmware 20130805. Then i wanted to test other firmwares and downgrade my box to this version (http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv...nstruction.asp). I installed this SPI (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/an...0120917SPI.zip), box rebooted and thats it... i only had a red light and no chance to get into recovery.

I tried rescue my box with those firmwares:

MyGica - Turn Any TV Into Smart TV!, Video Calls Right From Your Couch, Share to The Big Screen and Never Ending Entertainment,

Nothing worked (i think its because my box SPI was broken and there was no way how to get into recovery)

I downloaded this file (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta) and created a boot card (steps 1-4 feom instruction). In Windows 8.1 i opened SDcardMaker.exe as administrator otherwise i cant see my sd card

Downloaded the files from below link and done everything from readme (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qdkl2y). Tried to boot my box with this card in and holding the recovery button - no results. Then tried to boot with recovery button and pin bridging (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1) - boot started but after upgrade the same red light.

To sucessfully recover my box i changed this:

Downloaded this spi from Finless Bob (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...1ab3NhUkE/edit) and copied it to my rescue sd card.

In rescue SD card opened file factory_update_param.aml (with notepad) and changed this command (--update_package=/sdcard/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip) to this command (--update_package=/sdcard/atv1200_spi_assertion_removed.zip)

With SD card in the box bridged those 2 pins (http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1), holded the upgrade button and plugged in power adapter. Waited till SPI update ended and after that my box rebooted automatically - sucessfully rebooted into Android that i previously installed on my box (Geniatech Firmware 20130805).

I dont know if this method will work with other ATV1200 boxes which are bricked other way. If somebody want to try this method - try at your own risk Im only sharing my unbrick experience

Comment

Glad you fixed it! Thanks for posting the information

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Question about ATV1200: Maybe someone knows how to turn on/off hardware accelleration in this box?

Comment

Originally posted by damole View Post
                    My Onkyo home cinema amp had been in the shop before I flashed the this firmware, I just got it back now. I'm also not getting my amp to show Dolby or DTS on files I know have these types of audio. It ised to work before so I'm wondering if others are having the same problem. I'm probably just going to flash back to the stock ROM and see if that fixed it.

Update: It seems that between XBMC v12 and v13 something changed. Details can be found in the FAQ section 5. The setting to enable ACT/DTS pass through is now hidden in expert settings. I hadn't even noticed that there were different levels of settings.
                    I thought it was fixed but it's only fixed for Dolby AC3. Could somebody test DTS on an ATV1200 with this firmware please?

Update 2: I just bought a Minix X8-H and I have the same problem so it looks like it might be the receiver. I am actually using my old surround amp (Onkyo HT-SR600 HTIB) not my main fully featured amp (Onkyo TX-SR706) which is in the shop being repaired so maybe that's the problem. I'm going to try the coaxial out from my PC and then borrow an actual DVD player to test it with.
                    Last edited by damole; 10-30-2014, 02:12. Reason: update

Comment

One more experiment with Mygica ATV1200: In one of he most important apps for me (video streaming app) playback was not perfectly smooth (audio/video stuttering for about 1 sec every 3-5 minutes). I tried various build.prop configs (disabled/enabled video related settings) but nothing worked.

I flashed about 20 firmwares to my box (also Android 4.2) and one of them worked really great - Android 4.1 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/an...X_20130326.zip). Video playback in the app now was smooth, also other things in my box worked ok (hw video acceleration, XBMC, remote controle settings etc.) but there was one small problem - i can connect to internet only with cable because wifi was not working (drivers?).

Thats how i solved wifi problem:

1. Extracted original firmware with working wifi (for example 20130805: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/an...130805_eng.zip)

2. Changed boot.img and logo.img with same files from firmware 20130326 (http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/an...X_20130326.zip)

3. Created zip archive and signed it with APK-Multi-Toolv1.0.11.zip (useful info about this here: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=119).

Then i flashed this modified firmware to my box and everything (also wifi) now is working ok. About SPI: i didn't touch the spi, only flashed new firmware. Spi on my box is 20130805.

I dont know why but older version of boot.img (kernel?) for me works better than new kernels(?). If we talking about older firmwares and wifi i can say that for my box wifi is only working from Android 4.1 version 20130805 - something related to wifi is missing in older firmwares.

Comment

ATV520

Hi guys,
                        I was trying to apdate my box atv520 to android 4.2.2 and now stuck on solid red light. Reset button or any other step nothing responding. I already tried two three different methods but without any luck.There is any step by step information to fix atv520 stuck on solid red light.
                        Thanks in advance

Comment

I have mygica ATV520E, how do I flash this custom rom? I am new to flashing android box

Comment

Working...
                          X