UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samba.opex? You mean Samba.odex right?

Y de-odexed this ROM so all .odex flies are now inside each APK. I doubt that broke the Samba thing though as the APP would not work at all but maybe thats the problem?

I will look into this.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Samba.opex? You mean Samba.odex right?

Y de-odexed this ROM so all .odex flies are now inside each APK. I doubt that broke the Samba thing though as the APP would not work at all but maybe thats the problem?

I will look into this.

Bob
      Yes odex file I meant. I got my SMB folders to work in the Network app after I did a reinstall of rom and then played with some settings in Android. I suspect that something goes wrong with the lan or wifi connection as I got 2 new devices on my pc which were the M6 box. It was devices like you get on network when Windows Media Player is hown. It is not the correct icon and there is something there that must be going wrong somewhere...I will try to check with my M1 box to make sure its not my network that is acting strange

Comment

Will this work on geniatech atv520,

Thx

Hey folks!

So I got this Jynxbox M6 a few weeks ago and started to mess with it. This is a AML8726-MX based box so I figured this would not be too hard and should be like the Prometheus I did... NOT!
        There was no stock ROM anywhere nor was there much known about it. When I looked at the MTD partitions it was totally different than any AMLogic ROM I had done before. Later I learned that this box was the same as the Mygica TV420 and the Geniatech TV500 which did have ROM downloads available. As I started to mess with those I found none of the tools I had for AML ROMs worked on this. With a lot of study, hacking around and a little help from JDfense and ShaunMT, I started making progress. Bottom line this is a totally new MTD format and other parts are also different like boot.img, recovery, etc. In fact how this thing boots is totally different than previous AML devices I have had!!!!!

Anyway it was a lot of fun learning this new box and format and I finally completed my first ROM. This ROM is based on the latest Mygica release dated 9/20 Overseas. FYI based on taking apart all these ROMs including a ROM dump I did of my M6 (which would not reflash) they are all made by Geniatech!

OK on with the show!

If you download this, please read my READ ME supplied in the zip file!
        There is a LOT of important info in this readme which you should read before flashing as well as instructions and notes!

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM.

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk.

2) I have updated the Google Play and framework to the latest version.
        You should have no updates needed when you first logon to google play!

3) I debloated all the junk apps and launchers! I like a CLEAN ROM to start with.
        However, I give you all these available in the hidden partition I enabled (see below).

4) This new ROM format had a 69MB "backup" partition that was not being mounted after boot.
        What was in here were all the bloat APPs that would auto install on first boot after a ROM flash.
        I disabled all that and mounted the partition so you can access it.
        After first boot go to the file manager APP. Run it and click up a level twice.
        You will see a folder called protected_nand_disk
        Look in here and you will see all the APPs that were installed before.
        Feel free to install what you like.
        I also added Pro Apps for you (ES File explorer, Android terminal, Busybox installer).
        Again none of this installs automatically so you can install them as you like.
        Oh and, I mounted this hidden partition as RW so feel free to delete and add whatever you like here.
        It is protected from a "factory reset" and erase so anything you put in here will always be there.

5) As always, I added full init.d support!
        If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
        For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
        To set it up, install busybox from Google Play or from the protected_nand_disk as I put it there too.
        Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.

6) Again I removed all the trashy launchers and added the standard AOSP launcher.
        However as above I give you all those launcher to install if you like.

7) I Fixed the ugly default wallpaper for the stock launcher.
        I hope you like my basic carbon fiber look better?
        To me it looks better on a TV screen.

8) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
        For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

9) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
        I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
        Your device will now NOT show up as a stvmx device to Google Play anymore!
        It will show up as a GT-I9300.
        Understand this please.
        I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
        If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
        to build.old
        Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
        Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
        Reboot!
        Please also note about this change! The update APP will no longer work!
        It checks for stvmx device name and thus wont work with GT-i9300 name.
        Again to change that use the original build.prop as explained above.

10) Other performance tweaks I usually do to my ROMs.

Finally.... SPEED is what I am about. I think you folks will like this ROM for that reason!
        I think this is the most tuned ROM I can make at this time.

Here is the ROM download link:

ROM -> Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless 1.4 ROM (283 megs)

Enjoy,
        Bob

Comment

WiFi reception

Great to see rom development for the jynxbox m6. How is WiFi reception on this device? I am leaning towards jynxbox m6 or atv520, but heard atv520 has bad WiFi reception. Really need stable WiFi reception. will this ROM also be compatible with atv520? thx.

Originally posted by statica
          DD129557
          This is by far the fastest and best ROM made for the M6 of all the ones I have tested. Had some issues getting a mouse to be recognized to control it easier but after that then it ran through every test I used and did 1080p mkv without as much as a hint of lag and was over WIFI with the M6 being about 15 feet from my wifi router. XBMC runs perfect, apps install without issues and the browsing within the settings is more fluent and faster.

Kudos on a great job to you Finless :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lestercity View Post
            Great to see rom development for the jynxbox m6. How is WiFi reception on this device? I am leaning towards jynxbox m6 or atv520, but heard atv520 has bad WiFi reception. Really need stable WiFi reception. will this ROM also be compatible with atv520? thx.
            To answer previous 2 posts I can tell you that I have tried the ATV520 firmware on the M6 and it worked fine. I recommend keeping Finless ROM as the one you will use as it has a very nice speed increase to it but remember that when you install a new ROM you lose the stock ROM which is actually very nice on the M6 but does not have the feel of speed and response that the Finless ROM has.

I have used the M6 on my WiFi and I got it to run 1080p from my home FTP and NAS without any problems. This was when my M6 was about 10 feet (3m) away from my WiFi and it connected at about 80Mbit. But I havent tried it beyond the 10 feet as I live in small apartment and use cable for all devices as I need more speed on my network than WiFi can deliver. So I know it can do 1080p from 10 feet and also browsing, streaming etc. ran fine here.

Hope this will be answer for the previous posts. If not then feel free to ask again if you need help with something.

Go Finless Go :-)

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. Dont know if it's allowed, but could you post some screenshots of how this rom looks on the m6, so I can compare with stock rom. Or maybe you can send me pm. And does stock rom comes rooted? Thx again.

go finless go! :-)

Originally posted by staticaDK View Post
              To answer previous 2 posts I can tell you that I have tried the ATV520 firmware on the M6 and it worked fine. I recommend keeping Finless ROM as the one you will use as it has a very nice speed increase to it but remember that when you install a new ROM you lose the stock ROM which is actually very nice on the M6 but does not have the feel of speed and response that the Finless ROM has.

I have used the M6 on my WiFi and I got it to run 1080p from my home FTP and NAS without any problems. This was when my M6 was about 10 feet (3m) away from my WiFi and it connected at about 80Mbit. But I havent tried it beyond the 10 feet as I live in small apartment and use cable for all devices as I need more speed on my network than WiFi can deliver. So I know it can do 1080p from 10 feet and also browsing, streaming etc. ran fine here.

Hope this will be answer for the previous posts. If not then feel free to ask again if you need help with something.

Go Finless Go :-)

Comment

Great to see development from your site for the jynxbox m6 Bob. I was wondering since the stock looks really good to me, will I be able to flash back to custom after flashing your custom ROM? Really want to compare speed etc since it's dual core and pre loaded with Chinese bloat. If so, could you point me on how to do it. Thx a lot

Go Finless Go!!!

Hey folks!

So I got this Jynxbox M6 a few weeks ago and started to mess with it. This is a AML8726-MX based box so I figured this would not be too hard and should be like the Prometheus I did... NOT!
                There was no stock ROM anywhere nor was there much known about it. When I looked at the MTD partitions it was totally different than any AMLogic ROM I had done before. Later I learned that this box was the same as the Mygica TV420 and the Geniatech TV500 which did have ROM downloads available. As I started to mess with those I found none of the tools I had for AML ROMs worked on this. With a lot of study, hacking around and a little help from JDfense and ShaunMT, I started making progress. Bottom line this is a totally new MTD format and other parts are also different like boot.img, recovery, etc. In fact how this thing boots is totally different than previous AML devices I have had!!!!!

Anyway it was a lot of fun learning this new box and format and I finally completed my first ROM. This ROM is based on the latest Mygica release dated 9/20 Overseas. FYI based on taking apart all these ROMs including a ROM dump I did of my M6 (which would not reflash) they are all made by Geniatech!

OK on with the show!

There is a LOT of important info in this readme which you should read before flashing as well as instructions and notes!

3) I debloated all the junk apps and launchers! I like a CLEAN ROM to start with.
                However, I give you all these available in the hidden partition I enabled (see below).

4) This new ROM format had a 69MB "backup" partition that was not being mounted after boot.
                What was in here were all the bloat APPs that would auto install on first boot after a ROM flash.
                I also added Pro Apps for you (ES File explorer, Android terminal, Busybox installer).
                Oh and, I mounted this hidden partition as RW so feel free to delete and add whatever you like here.
                It is protected from a "factory reset" and erase so anything you put in here will always be there.

To set it up, install busybox from Google Play or from the protected_nand_disk as I put it there too.
                Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.

6) Again I removed all the trashy launchers and added the standard AOSP launcher.

9) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                Understand this please.
                If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
                to build.old
                Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                Reboot!

Finally.... SPEED is what I am about. I think you folks will like this ROM for that reason!

Enjoy,
                Bob

Comment

Yes you can go back ONLY if you download the stock ROM.

This is the only stock ROM for the M6 that I know of. It's newer than what is probably on your box:

Bob

Comment

Hey Bob

I have gotten my SMB folders to work with your ROM. I think it was perhaps XBMC that had an issue as I have just reinstalled ROM and gotten XBMC nightly build from January 26th. and now I get all my SMB folders in both XBMC and Network app which I didnt get before. So have no answer to what might have been wrong but just wanted to let you know that it works perfectly now and tested both LAN and WiFi and can play 1080p on both without any lag at all. This little M6 box is actually very nice when it works as it does with your ROM. Much faster and also much more basic which I like as you supply the apps in the hidden folder so im not having to uninstall all those crap apps that the stock ROM has. So if anyone think of buying the M6 then I can only recommend it and for you to use the Finless ROM as it is much faster and very stable :-) Good work.

Go Finless Go!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by staticaDK View Post
                      Hey Bob

I have gotten my SMB folders to work with your ROM. I think it was perhaps XBMC that had an issue as I have just reinstalled ROM and gotten XBMC nightly build from January 26th. and now I get all my SMB folders in both XBMC and Network app which I didnt get before. So have no answer to what might have been wrong but just wanted to let you know that it works perfectly now and tested both LAN and WiFi and can play 1080p on both without any lag at all. This little M6 box is actually very nice when it works as it does with your ROM. Much faster and also much more basic which I like as you supply the apps in the hidden folder so im not having to uninstall all those crap apps that the stock ROM has. So if anyone think of buying the M6 then I can only recommend it and for you to use the Finless ROM as it is much faster and very stable :-) Good work.

Go Finless Go!! :-)
                      staticaDK, thanks for letting me know!

I am somewhat a n00b to AMLogic stuff but learning FAST. The things I applied to my ROM I also learned from RockChip so you get some benefits

I am glad you like my ROM

Bob

Comment

XBMC

Hi Finless, after reading your threads I decided to go for a jynxbox m6 and I am pretty pleased the way xbmc plays on this little device. Now I am excited to try out your new ROM. But before I do I have one question; will the xbmc version that comes with the stock ROM be included in your ROM? And if not will it be available in that hidden partition you mentioned, so I can install it from there? Same for the build in Airplay; will it be included or is it available in your ROM?
                        Maybe a little off topic, but can't seem to find any info in other threads; in xbmc settings on the jynxbox m6 there is no option for hw acceleration, do you know if that is even possible with the jynxbox and if so could you point me in a direction? Don't get me wrong I like the way it playbacks now in xbmc, but I am always open for improvement. The so far!

Really enjoy your works!

Go Finless Go!

Hey folks!

OK on with the show!

Understand this please.
                        to build.old
                        Reboot!

Enjoy,
                        Bob

Comment

Link down?

Hi Bob, link to zip seems to be dead. Could you update the link?

Hey folks!

OK on with the show!

Understand this please.
                          to build.old
                          Reboot!

Enjoy,
                          Bob

Comment

A developer that at one time we trusted that I booted today went in and deleted all my ROMs.

I will upload as soon as I can. Host is seeing if we have a recent backup to save time.

Bob
                            Last edited by Molle; 02-02-2014, 11:12. Reason: Administrative action

Comment

Wow thats crazy, will wait than no rush. Could u please inform me about the xbmc version, will it be included in your rom? Thx Bob.

A developer that at one time we trusted that I booted today went in and deleted all my ROMs.

I will upload as soon as I can. Host is seeing if we have a recent backup to save time.

Bob
                              Last edited by Molle; 02-02-2014, 11:13. Reason: Administrative action

Comment

I do not remember the XBMC version but it is the one Geniatech provides and is suppose to work well.
                                I am not a Pro XBMC person so I don't know really how good it is.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X