UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowdogged View Post
    First off, I'd like to thank Bob for all his great work on so many devices! I seem to be bricked in a way that I have not yet seen described. I am able to get into recovery mode by using Bob's recovery file method and shorting out the pins. However, I am also able to install some images and others I am told are not compatible. The ones that do install just keep on looping after a restart. The box restarts and starts to install again and then reboots and installs again and so on and so on.... If I take the sd card out then when the box turns on I get no signal and then I have to do the boot method again. I think that it is messed up pretty good. I am also not able to install the Jynxbox factory file as I get a message that they are not compatible.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Pat

P.S. I have a Jynxbox M6.
    just try using my bootcard a few post earlier .... read description within !!! (after that u can Flash ur orginally Rom cause atv1200 and jynx m6 have the same base )

Comment

Hello Bob,

Nice Rom its running good but i have problems with the WLAN. The same Problems have it with the mygica Firmware.

So my question, can you Put the WLAN driver from Android 4.2.2 ore better kitekat?

My Modem dont have problems with other Phones ore Notebooks with the connection.

Only with the mygica atv1200 have every time problems.

Thanks for answering

Comment

Some feedback, wow what a rom and it has a need for speed on my M3. I am now able to run sickbeard, couch potatoe with sabnzbd implementation while downloading and watching HD videos, this rom is fast and damn stable. We appreciate the fact that you still optimize legacy devices. Thanks BOB, you are the man!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

can i use this with my generic g18ref MX box?

Comment

hy

works on mygica atv1200,can you recommend me another custom rom? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ylang_77 View Post
              works on mygica atv1200,can you recommend me another custom rom? Thank you!
              This is the best rom for these devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Works great on Geniatech / MyGica ATV520

Thanks for this great ROM, Bob!
                It installed easily and works great on my 2013 Geniatech ATV520.

As a newbie to installing custom ROMs though, I was at first quite confused by the lack of instruction regarding the use of the ZIP file and the necessity to unzip and put the .img files on the installation disk (a micro SD, in my case). I spent quite a while frustratingly trying to boot into recovery and then trying to use the "jynxbox_m6_finless14a.zip" file as is, unsuccessfully of course!

So, may I suggest you add a brief line in the instructions on the first post, that tells people to unzip the downloaded file to the 2 .img files?

Comment

Remote control button for mouse control remapped to 'i' (info) button on ATV520

One thing to note though, on the ATV520 the mouse control for the interface is now no longer triggered by the "mouse" button on the standard MyGica/Geniatech infra-red remote control. I found that it is triggered by the "i" button instead now.

I haven't found the "i" (info) function to be working with any other button, but that's no biggie, as I never really used that much anyway. But just wanted to make it known to other users with the same remote that may be frustrated with the mouse button not working after installing this ROM.

Comment

Hello finless, thanks for this rom for my ATV520. This rom include the patched libmedia.so for DTS passthrough? Because i installed that and also xbmcZ (a patched gotham with passthrough enabled) but when i play an mkv with ac3 or dts audio my pioneer doesn't change to DTS or DD and make an hard noise through the speakers

Comment

about JynxBox M6

hi to everybody i have the jynxbox m6 i already make the test with android emulator and my results its this

mtd1: 00800000 00400000 "boot"
                      mtd2: 20000000 00400000 "system"
                      mtd3: 1f400000 00400000 "cache"
                      mtd4: 12c00000 00400000 "backup"
                      mtd5: 60000000 00400000 "userdata"
                      mtd6: 4ac00000 00400000 "NFTL_Part"
                      mtd7: 00008000 00001000 "ubootenv

my question is i need to flash the recovery and the bootloader or i can flash just the ROM and one more question i need the usb mouse for the recovery or i can do it without it

thanx and sorry for my english

Comment

Hi guys ive got m6 box that i tried to revert to android, now all i get is the blue light with nothing showing on screen. I cant access recovery or do anything. Is the box a gonner?

Comment

Your bricked but you can recover it.
                          All these boxes are the same way. Make a special SDcard and short the pins.

See the sticky post

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

See the sticky post

Bob
                            thanks i will try it out

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

See the sticky post

Bob
                              anyone got info on how to short the pins on jynxbox m6

Comment

Installed on my Geniatech ATV1200 yesterday. Just the ROM, installed without problems. Thanks Finless.

As for the recovery, in the README you show what look like the month and year of dates:

Recovery version 0808
                                Boot Loader version 0816

Mine shows:

Recovery 9bbff16(20130808.101301)
                                Uboot 2aac8bb(20130805.093715)

Does this mean that the recovery is the same but the bootloader different?

Installed Nova Launcher afterwards which is my preferred launcher on phone and tablet and being able to only have one home screen but choose the size of the app grid and therefore have more apps works really well. Sometimes with the airmouse I would swipe to a different home screen by accident so this avoids that problem.

I just ordered a 16GB SD card which should arrive today as I couldn't install many of my games because of lack of external space so now this box should keep me going for a bit longer until I'm ready for a Minix X8-H in a couple of months.

--damole

Comment

Working...
                                X