UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damole View Post
    Installed on my Geniatech ATV1200 yesterday. Just the ROM, installed without problems. Thanks Finless.

As for the recovery, in the README you show what look like the month and year of dates:

Recovery version 0808
    Boot Loader version 0816

Mine shows:

Recovery 9bbff16(20130808.101301)
    Uboot 2aac8bb(20130805.093715)

Does this mean that the recovery is the same but the bootloader different?

--damole

Did you read the readme? There are 2 zips in my download. One flashes only the ROM. The other flashes the bootloader and recovery. As long as your working OK probably no need to flash the bootloader.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

That's what I thought. Assuming I ever wanted to go back to the stock ROM having the bootloader I used to flash that ROM should guarantee I could go back. Having read some of the difficulties other have had I thought it would be safest.

What I'd really like to know if is there a way without changing kernel to mount the external sd card as the internal sd card? It's a real failing of Android that there is so little flexibility when it comes to partitioning.

--damole

Comment

Thank you...thank you.... thank you!!!!

I just put this rom on my MyGica ATV520E and it works like a charm.
        Three days of testing can save 10 minutes reading manuals

Comment

Anyone know if there is a working apk for the 3d launcher off mygica?

Comment

UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Try posting on the mygica.ca forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just FYI..... The launchers that come with a ROM should work on anything that has the same SDK level of framework.

Now lets be clear... some KK ROM's are not TRUE KK SDK! They are a bastard child like Honeycomb was! So what I said above may not always hold true!

Anyway..... also please understand this.

/system/app or /system/priv-app are "system" APK's and are not signed. This means if you RIP them from a ROM as an APK, they will not install by the framework AM (App Manager service) APP installer. So if you RIP an APK from /system, they must be copied to another device and put where they came from e.g. /system/app etc. Do not try to side load or install them as they will fail.

Hope this helps as I have been getting a sh*t load of PM's and questions about this.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have Measy B4A Pro. Can I apply this ROM to my device ?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Your bricked but you can recover it.
                  All these boxes are the same way. Make a special SDcard and short the pins.

See the sticky post

Bob
                  Hi!

My Mygica ATV1200 working firmware was 20130805 (http://www.geniatech.com/news/dual-c...re-release.asp) but then i wanted to test older firmware and started to downgrade my box. I installed SPI from 20120918 firmware (https://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/a...0120917SPI.zip) and after this install my box doesnt boot anymore. It just showed the red light and i cant get to recovery too.

I compared both spi files: the spi.img file from working firmware has 3 files inside (env_MX.img, recovery.img and uboot_MX.img) but the older firmware spi.img file has only 1 file inside (spi_MX.img).

I tried many different rescue methods and one of them worked. With rescue SD card and pin shortening my box booted to recovery. Then i tried to install spi.img files from different firmwares (new stock firmware versions) but always get this error message: assert failed: format("MTD", "recovery"). Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/3o9zw1llf/

Then i installed Finless 1.4a ROM (boot_recovery.img and finless_14a.img installation was without any problems) and thought that now i can boot my box but... without pin shortening and rescue SD it's only the red light and no boot.

Maybe somebody knows why i cant install new stock firmware versions but can only install Finless ROM and spi.img from 20120918? Its something wrong with the NAND partitions or its incorrect ROM format? Why box cant boot Finless ROM (all files are installed succesfully). Something wrong with uboot? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I am not sure why it doesn't work, I think once you go to a new uboot it formats the nand differently, so when you try to go back it screws things up.

I've found the only option here is to short the pins and use the special SD card, after that use a uboot that has a .ubl script that formats the nand, this will clean the nand and install the new uboot.

I do not own your model, so it might not work, I am talking how I recovered mine (an ATV120) but the symptoms where exactly like yours)

Originally posted by andriszz View Post
                    Hi!

My Mygica ATV1200 working firmware was 20130805 (http://www.geniatech.com/news/dual-c...re-release.asp) but then i wanted to test older firmware and started to downgrade my box. I installed SPI from 20120918 firmware (www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/MX20120917SPI.zip) and after this install my box doesnt boot anymore. It just showed the red light and i cant get to recovery too.

I compared both spi files: the spi.img file from working firmware has 3 files inside (env_MX.img, recovery.img and uboot_MX.img) but the older firmware spi.img file has only 1 file inside (spi_MX.img).

I tried many different rescue methods and one of them worked. With rescue SD card and pin shortening my box booted to recovery. Then i tried to install spi.img files from different firmwares (new stock firmware versions) but always get this error message: assert failed: format("MTD", "recovery"). Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/3o9zw1llf/

Then i installed Finless 1.4a ROM (boot_recovery.img and finless_14a.img installation was without any problems) and thought that now i can boot my box but... without pin shortening and rescue SD it's only the red light and no boot.

Maybe somebody knows why i cant install new stock firmware versions but can only install Finless ROM and spi.img from 20120918? Its something wrong with the NAND partitions or its incorrect ROM format? Why box cant boot Finless ROM (all files are installed succesfully). Something wrong with uboot? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post
                      I am not sure why it doesn't work, I think once you go to a new uboot it formats the nand differently, so when you try to go back it screws things up.

I've found the only option here is to short the pins and use the special SD card, after that use a uboot that has a .ubl script that formats the nand, this will clean the nand and install the new uboot.

I do not own your model, so it might not work, I am talking how I recovered mine (an ATV120) but the symptoms where exactly like yours)
                      Yes, i also think that i need to clean nand. Question - where i can get uboot with .ubl script for my box? Searched but found nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Condorello View Post
                        Hello finless, thanks for this rom for my ATV520. This rom include the patched libmedia.so for DTS passthrough? Because i installed that and also xbmcZ (a patched gotham with passthrough enabled) but when i play an mkv with ac3 or dts audio my pioneer doesn't change to DTS or DD and make an hard noise through the speakers

My Onkyo home cinema amp had been in the shop before I flashed the this firmware, I just got it back now. I'm also not getting my amp to show Dolby or DTS on files I know have these types of audio. It ised to work before so I'm wondering if others are having the same problem. I'm probably just going to flash back to the stock ROM and see if that fixed it.

Update: It seems that between XBMC v12 and v13 something changed. Details can be found in the FAQ section 5. The setting to enable ACT/DTS pass through is now hidden in expert settings. I hadn't even noticed that there were different levels of settings.
                        Last edited by damole; 09-26-2014, 09:17.

Comment

reverting to android

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle. I have a cyclone nano 2 slim, I bought it with the jynxbox m6 firmware already installed & have been trying for the past week to go back to android with no success at all. I have tried loads of different "reverts" from geniatech, jynxbox etc but I can not get any of them to work, I've done loads of reading on it but I just can not find the correct file, everything seems to come back to "Biatsch" & his links on dropbox are all either "not found" or "removed" if someone could find it in their hearts I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance from one very distressed sad old man.

Comment

Hi again, no one got any suggestions: BOB? or BIATSCH, I'm getting desparate.

Comment

Not a single response even to tell me I've posted in the wrong place

Comment

What do you mean, going back to android? Is the firmware Linux? Or something else? I can probably help you if you explain what is the main problem, sorry I don't own this box and I really didn't understood your problem. Elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                                X