UPDATED - NEW - Jynxbox M6, Mygica TV420, Geniatech TV500 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    You might also check the MyGica web site as the rebrand many of the Geniatech boxes.

If you do find the stock firmware let me know and I can probably make you a custom ROM for it.

Bob
    Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated. I have been all over the web looking for a rom for it. I am hoping Geniatech will provide me with the correct rom, I have been emailing them and they have responded. I may be wrong, but I do think they will come through.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You might also check the MyGica web site as the rebrand many of the Geniatech boxes.

If you do find the stock firmware let me know and I can probably make you a custom ROM for it.

Bob
      Bob, here is the file that I found that does have the tuner driver, hope it is for the ATSC tuner. I have not installed it yet to know if it works. Maybe you can take a look and make sure I won't brick my device with this rom.

thanks
      ron
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Bob, here is the file that I found that does have the tuner driver, hope it is for the ATSC tuner. I have not installed it yet to know if it works. Maybe you can take a look and make sure I won't brick my device with this rom.

thanks
        ron
        I cannot tell just by looking at it. It doesn't have a SPI update so it should not brick you hard. If it doesn't boot you should still be able to go back into recovery and flash another ROM.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I cannot tell just by looking at it. It doesn't have a SPI update so it should not brick you hard. If it doesn't boot you should still be able to go back into recovery and flash another ROM.

Bob
          Ok, thanks, that is reassuring. I will install it later today.

Comment

Ok, thanks, that is reassuring. I will install it later today.
            Bob, I need your help. I unzipped this file onto my sd card and plugged it in to my box. From the recovery menu on my tv, it is looking for an img file, but can't find one. The files from this zip file do not have an img file. Maybe you can help me...... I will re-read these threads again.

thanks

Comment

Usually you put the zip as downloaded on SDcard. You do not unzip it.
              If when you unzipped it you had folders like METADATA, logo.img, etc etc etc... then the entire zip IS the update! Don't unzip it.

Bob

Comment

Usually you put the zip as downloaded on SDcard. You do not unzip it.
                If when you unzipped it you had folders like METADATA, logo.img, etc etc etc... then the entire zip IS the update! Don't unzip it.

Bob
                I tried with the zip file, no go. Then I took the boot recovery file from YOUR rom and put it on the sd card with the zip file, still no go. Then I tried YOUR zip file and boot img file, still no go. In your file you have
                jynxbox_m6_finless14a.zip
                finless_14a.img
                boot_recovery.img
                README FIRST.TXT

the only thing that works for me is your finless_14a.img file,
                does any of this make any sense to you??

thanks, again
                ron

Comment

I tried with the zip file, no go. Then I took the boot recovery file from YOUR rom and put it on the sd card with the zip file, still no go. Then I tried YOUR zip file and boot img file, still no go. In your file you have
                  jynxbox_m6_finless14a.zip
                  finless_14a.img
                  boot_recovery.img
                  README FIRST.TXT

the only thing that works for me is your finless_14a.img file,
                  does any of this make any sense to you??

thanks, again
                  ron
                  One thing I haven't done is do a system wipe before trying to install this rom, not sure if that makes a difference. One thing is for certain, when I installed your rom yesterday, it went flawlessly. I used your image file.

Comment

One thing I haven't done is do a system wipe before trying to install this rom, not sure if that makes a difference. One thing is for certain, when I installed your rom yesterday, it went flawlessly. I used your image file.
                    GRRRRRRRRRRR checked the formatting of my 2gig sd card that I have been using, it was set to NTFS. Reformatted it back to fat32, added the zip file and your boot file, now it is installing. I have not idea how it got formatted to ntfs????????????? sooooooooooo basic. Now I will find out if I get my tv tuner driver back.

Comment

GRRRRRRRRRRR checked the formatting of my 2gig sd card that I have been using, it was set to NTFS. Reformatted it back to fat32, added the zip file and your boot file, now it is installing. I have not idea how it got formatted to ntfs????????????? sooooooooooo basic. Now I will find out if I get my tv tuner driver back.
                      I am very confused now. No matter what rom I try to install, even with different boot loaders, my box reverts right back to your rom. The recovery goes through all the install, but still comes back to your rom. Is there anyway you can make a rom that will replace your existing one on my box, using the rom that has the tv tuner driver, which I posted on dropbox??

thanks, again
                      ron

Comment

I am very confused now. No matter what rom I try to install, even with different boot loaders, my box reverts right back to your rom. The recovery goes through all the install, but still comes back to your rom. Is there anyway you can make a rom that will replace your existing one on my box, using the rom that has the tv tuner driver, which I posted on dropbox??

thanks, again
                        ron
                        Final update. Finally got the firmware with the tv tuner driver installed, whew!!!! I am still not able to get the tuner to pick up my ATSC signals, which was one of my concerns, but I will keep trying.

Comment

Final update. Finally got the firmware with the tv tuner driver installed, whew!!!! I am still not able to get the tuner to pick up my ATSC signals, which was one of my concerns, but I will keep trying.
                          Emailed Mygica last week about getting the correct firmware for my ATV1220 with the ATSC tuner driver. This morning I received a reply with link for the correct firmware. I installed firmware and device is back to original. I am soooooo impressed with the support from these Chinese companys. I had ordered from Aliexpress and Geniatech store front.

Comment

Emailed Mygica last week about getting the correct firmware for my ATV1220 with the ATSC tuner driver. This morning I received a reply with link for the correct firmware. I installed firmware and device is back to original. I am soooooo impressed with the support from these Chinese companys. I had ordered from Aliexpress and Geniatech store front.
                            Can you share the link and I will download it and when I get time make a custom ROM for it.

Thanks,
                            Bob

Comment

Can you share the link and I will download it and when I get time make a custom ROM for it.

Thanks,
                              Bob
                              Here is the link to the correct firmware for my ATV1220 with ATSC tuner, same as last link, I just replaced the files.

Thanks, for your great support, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by khalberrou View Post
                                I've got this messages
                                Assert failed: getprop("ro.Product.Decive") == "stvmx" || getprop("ro.Product.Decive") == "stvmx"
                                Installation aborted

Assert failed: !Less_than_int(1364272097, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
                                Installation aborted
                                I always forgot to say thanks, thanks

use my bootcard to revert back to geniatech Android from jynxrom pure Linux

Recovery don´t work after reverting from jynxrom use files within update_spi_mx_20130805 AFTER REVERT FROM JYNXBOX.zip and Flash spi manually and all is done box will work originally uploading true 1080p Android Rom from geniatech https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

made it by my own cause no other method was working
                                Last edited by Biatsch; 03-18-2014, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X