This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonian View Post

honestly cant remember, in work at the moment so cant check.
    i just know i needed JDK for the original customization tool.

i suspect i would go for x64 unless the customization tool specifically needed x86.
    What point do you get to? Flinux not being rin was my issue, seems its not so native after all

Comment

Not tried anything different for a few days so still the same issue as before.
      program crashes out at when trying to unpack the Kernel. only on 4.0. 3.5 works via Visual studios debug (unpacking, never tried repacking)

Will have another play over the weekend

Comment

Not tried anything different for a few days so still the same issue as before.
        program crashes out at when trying to unpack the Kernel. only on 4.0. 3.5 works via Visual studios debug (unpacking, never tried repacking)

Will have another play over the weekend
        Thanks, ill look more into this but its hard to pin point the issue, i can however mod the kernel unpacker

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post

Thanks, ill look more into this but its hard to pin point the issue, i can however mod the kernel unpacker
          PM me the source code for 4.0 and ill run it via VS Debug and pin point exactly where its failing.
          hopefully get some time tonight

Comment

PM me the source code for 4.0 and ill run it via VS Debug and pin point exactly where its failing.
            hopefully get some time tonight
            It wont show with VS because its running on a seperate thread, ill pack source code soon

Comment

Java version doesnt matter. got both 32 and 64. still same crash

Comment

Im gonna resolve this issue, ill find out what it is and grt back to you, buy it itms kernel related right?

Comment

Can you delete the temp folder in AMLTools Folder? if not, you probably have a permission issue. eg You were working on a image, and say you then moved that image to another location. You then went to use AMLTools again and it still has files in the tmp folder, but because you moved that image, the tool will throw up an error now. You need to delete the tmp folder, if it won't let you, you can change permission on the tmp folder to let you delete it. Once the tmp folder is deleted, the tool should work again. To change the permission, right click on tmp, go to properties, security, advanced, click change, type your username, click Ok, Tick "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects", click apply, ok, ok,ok and you should be able to delete the tmp folder now in AMLTools. Tool should work now.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonnimwegen View Post

Can you delete the temp folder in AMLTools Folder? if not, you probably have a permission issue. eg You were working on a image, and say you then moved that image to another location. You then went to use AMLTools again and it still has files in the tmp folder, but because you moved that image, the tool will throw up an error now. You need to delete the tmp folder, if it won't let you, you can change permission on the tmp folder to let you delete it. Once the tmp folder is deleted, the tool should work again. To change the permission, right click on tmp, go to properties, security, advanced, click change, type your username, click Ok, Tick "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects", click apply, ok, ok,ok and you should be able to delete the tmp folder now in AMLTools. Tool should work now.

Will try the editing the permissions later. Ta

not sure about moving images though. i don't move images round that much. i have 1 folder with all my images in. i copy the 1 image i want to the AML Tools folder. When the program doesn't work, i delete the entire aml tools folder as it's no longer needed.
                    if i need the aml tools again, i just extract the AML TOOLS folder from the zip again. The shouldn't be any old tmps files as its a new extract each time i use it.

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Im gonna resolve this issue, ill find out what it is and grt back to you, buy it itms kernel related right?
                      Yeah the program gets to Level 2/ Kernel unpack and then closes.

would love to give more detail but the isnt a crash warning, error message etc.

Comment

Yeah the program gets to Level 2/ Kernel unpack and then closes.

would love to give more detail but the isnt a crash warning, error message etc.
                        Can i send you a test version?

Comment

Can i send you a test version?
                          Yeah sure.

tried deleting tmp folder, editing permissions etc. still same crash

Comment

Yeah sure.

tried deleting tmp folder, editing permissions etc. still same crash
                            Try using this unpacker.dll, we will also take this conversation to PM
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Fixed it. Hate myself for not checking this earlier. The "file_contexts_tool.exe" was trigging my virus software.

Comment

Ricky you the man, every time I try one of your updates it gets better and better, love that I can repack to .IMG now!! Just need to be able to change the pesky boot logo, I have a pre-made one at standard size. Would be great if they were all just s905 or so on but some have models, example q-box has a q for the boot logo so when your using it for the M8s-II which is the same board but different box it would be nice to change it.
                                also more freedom in the work folder would be cool but I'm not trying to be pushy, your work is top notch bro!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X