Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working on firmware for the Eny M8S Amlogic S812 square box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricey155 View Post

Chris I don't see your wifi antenna from the AP6330 wifi chip in the picture does it find it ok ?

I never had a chance to test wifi, only have had it plugged into ethernet. Hopefully my USB-A to USA-A cable arrives today and I can get my box working again. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to report back the results include wifi performance.

Comment

Is yours a fake ?? If it is mine is as same chips layout etc

**** by any chance ?

Originally posted by ChrisLDN View Post

I never had a chance to test wifi, only have had it plugged into ethernet. Hopefully my USB-A to USA-A cable arrives today and I can get my box working again. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to report back the results include wifi performance.

Comment

Originally posted by klystron View Post
        I've just purchased an M8S box from ****. Firmware was KOT49H.20150427 test-keys. I thought that (incorrectly as it appears) it was manufactured by ENY, downloaded the latest firmware and flashed it, by SD card, to the box. What a mistake! The software runs but WiFi/Ethernet connections keep dropping off. The remote control (with rounded corners) has the Home and List keys swapped over with the Volume + and -.
        Further Kodi does not run on the box.
        I've tried to find the correct firmware online and tried any version of M8S that I came across, but I can't get back to fully working firmware. Can anyone help?
        Same thing happen to me and ended up bricking my machine. after hours of research trying to recover my device i finally got it back to life. but the wifi kept un checking itself every 15-30 minutes and google play store issues. I ended up uploading DroidPlayer Rom for M8 and it is really good. comes fully loaded so when u open kodi everything is already loaded for you. downside is under info playing it says its playing through h264. It being a M8S i thought it should be decoding videos using h265. Ended up scraping that and tried the Megatron for M8S. It was decent, but really annoying on boot up and google play wouldn't update apps so ON TO THE NEXT. Finally found the perfect one and now I'm using M9 Rom. Made for the s812 chip. comes pre rooted. has kill alll feature. does not disconnect from wifi. and google play store finally updates apps. So far, so good. have not run into any issues yet.

Comment

Sounds good got a link to the rom you installed ??

I've lost root and my mobile controller, I get your device isn't the n200 on install best do a cpu-z check see what it's running
          Originally posted by criispp View Post

Same thing happen to me and ended up bricking my machine. after hours of research trying to recover my device i finally got it back to life. but the wifi kept un checking itself every 15-30 minutes and google play store issues. I ended up uploading DroidPlayer Rom for M8 and it is really good. comes fully loaded so when u open kodi everything is already loaded for you. downside is under info playing it says its playing through h264. It being a M8S i thought it should be decoding videos using h265. Ended up scraping that and tried the Megatron for M8S. It was decent, but really annoying on boot up and google play wouldn't update apps so ON TO THE NEXT. Finally found the perfect one and now I'm using M9 Rom. Made for the s812 chip. comes pre rooted. has kill alll feature. does not disconnect from wifi. and google play store finally updates apps. So far, so good. have not run into any issues yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey155 View Post
            Sounds good got a link to the rom you installed ??

I've lost root and my mobile controller, I get your device isn't the n200 on install best do a cpu-z check see what it's running
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 5.56.37 PM.png
Views:	0
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	509823
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 5.59.07 PM.png
Views:	0
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	509824

I would really like to know if my unit is a clone. It does NOT have samsung chips in it. Does that mean its a clone?

Still no issues. best firmware I've tried. and I've tried atleast 10 different firmwares after the m10 rom it kept disconnecting again so I went back to the M9 and I'm finally satisfied. No more playing around.

Here is the link for the rom. http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...m9-tv-box.html

Also when i ordered my box the guy gave me 2 remotes. 1 round and 1 square with tv featue. good to control your tv volume, input and power.The Rom works with the old round remote perfect but if you have a square remote with the tv functions, the volumes keys will be mixed with 2 other. no worries though easy fix.

Remote Fix Link:
            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/eny-acemax-em8-square-em6q-etc-devices/18312-s802-multi-remote-patcher-zips?17689-Remote-Updator=

And my box has a n200 chip it in.
            Last edited by criispp; 07-05-2015, 06:40.

Comment

Criisp you have the same box as me, when you mentioned M9 I thought you had this in mind here http://mega-tron.tv/ mine is running MAY firmware runs ok except for slow WIFI and the dam root going missing here and there

I'll try another see how it goes

Comment

I have firmware KOT49H.20150427 test-keys and it working fine except that PPTP VPN is sooooo slow and OpenVPN connects but no traffic moves. Has anyone tried this ?

Comment

wifi / ethernet are pretty crap on M8s of **** - I'd say don't buy one of these EVER ! well unless you don't like support or any idea what company made it
                  Newest M8S Amlogic S812 Quad Core H.265 Android 4.4 TV Box XBMC 5G WiFi 2G/8G UK in Sound & Vision, TV & Home Audio Accessories, Internet TV & Media Streamers | eBay

Comment

My box came with that firmware RUBBISH isn't the word REFUND is probably a better word !!

Originally posted by Bond02 View Post
                    I have firmware KOT49H.20150427 test-keys and it working fine except that PPTP VPN is sooooo slow and OpenVPN connects but no traffic moves. Has anyone tried this ?

Comment

I have problem with VPN, it is a bug in KitKat, anyway to get old ROM with 4.3 or Lollipop (very remote chance). Where do I get TWRP and how to install it, I have 20150417 ROM and would like to backup and upload

Comment

3e recovery is pretty average - thread below I have read twrp m8n version works on m8s
                        http://i.imgur.com/m5dOEJll.png?1 Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We

Comment

Page 3 on this thread

QUOTE=handroid;n420093]

I'm using TWRP 2.8.5.0 M8N - Rom Build 20150119[/QUOTE]

Comment

To all the pm's yes there will be s812 JustMe Roms, as an update I'm waiting for my newly donated s812 unit kindly donated from forum member who wishes not to be mentioned and I respect their decision for privacy.reasons.

I'm more than grateful, that you have donated a s812 unit to me.

thank you very much...!

JM
                            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Good news JustME might make the box more usable :-)

Comment

i used to have a m8. and i installed openelec on it. I donwloaded it from amlinux.ru and works great.
                                now i have baught a m8S and also tried to install openelec on it. i get this error. Can someone pls help me how to fix this?

reg and thanks for helping.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Last edited by roycke; 07-11-2015, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X