MiniMX S905 - Ubuntu 16.04 64bits (with kodi and X) on sdcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    i have a minimx s905 2Gb ram and 16GB flash with 107L firmware. I want to play video full hd, browse on internet and program domotic server.

i have use "Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_201 70531.img.xz" with "gxbb_p200_2G.dtb" like dtb.img.
    - It work but resolution is 1280x1024 and not full -hd. I can't change it and i don't know if the driver of mali 450 is intalled ? Is it possible ton change this ?

- I want to use the last firmware TEST "Armbian_5.27_S905_Ubuntu_xenial_4.12.0-next-20170516+_mate.img.xz" But with gxbb_p200.gtb" the screen is black. Is it compatible with my box ? is it another img.dtb ?
    - Must i use this firmware https://koxx3.fr.eu.org:8086/minimx_ubuntu_1.zip ?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Koxx View Post

I have the same issue
      I don't know why, but it breaks everything... including kodi.
      I tried to migrate to latest kernel (79), same thing.

Did anybody manage to get a working ubuntu with latest kodi and kernel 79 working ?

edit : I tried balbes distro (debian, ubuntu & telos) and I didn't manage to get kodi working (core dump may be on egl, no interesting logs)
      I have the same problem with this distri..... Should i use another ? do you have a link ?

thank you

Comment

Hi all I tried the image on my MXQ PLUS TV BOX unfortunately no WiFi or wired Ethernet are working. I checked the HW of my device and it includes 8189es chip. Could you help me how to make it working? To be honest I am not a Linux guru, however I have the some basic knowledge.
        Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Max

Comment

Originally posted by gelkov View Post
          Hi all I tried the image on my MXQ PLUS TV BOX unfortunately no WiFi or wired Ethernet are working. I checked the HW of my device and it includes 8189es chip. Could you help me how to make it working? To be honest I am not a Linux guru, however I have the some basic knowledge.
          Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Max
          This what i do to add the driver to kernel source - http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/t...module-driver/

Android TV Box - Mini M8S (Amlogic S905) - Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Arm64 - 3.14.29 with VLC (X11 Accelerated XCB), Kodi Odrobian Fbdev 16.1 (VPU Accelerated), X.org 7.7 plus Mali Fbdev 20160315-r5p1

Comment

Hi Sukanime, thank you for your answer! I checked your solution and to be honest I am feeling stupid . Few more questions:
            1. Where you found the source code on the SD card image provided from Koxx and after downloading the proper driver from here:L https://github.com/kszaq/linux/tree/...s/amlogic/wifi where should i put it?
            2. Is it possible to apply compiled driver ( *ko file for example ) and are you able to help me to find a proper one?
            3. Is it possible to make the update directly on my tv box or I need to build everything on PC and after that transfer the image to SD card?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Max

Comment

Originally posted by gelkov View Post
              Hi Sukanime, thank you for your answer! I checked your solution and to be honest I am feeling stupid . Few more questions:
              1. Where you found the source code on the SD card image provided from Koxx and after downloading the proper driver from here:L https://github.com/kszaq/linux/tree/...s/amlogic/wifi where should i put it?
              2. Is it possible to apply compiled driver ( *ko file for example ) and are you able to help me to find a proper one?
              3. Is it possible to make the update directly on my tv box or I need to build everything on PC and after that transfer the image to SD card?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Max
              1. you need to know the chips and module driver name, then get the source from LibreELEC Kernel Source, you can take it from Kszaq Git ( https://github.com/kszaq ) , that what i did. ( i get the driver source from LibreELEC Kernel Source )
              2. Yes and No, but mostly is a No.
              to compile the module driver, you must have the same kernel and Development tool.
              you need to ask Koxx to compile the module driver to get it wrking with this Koxx Image.
              3.yes it is posible, but be carefull if you update Odroid C2 stuff from their repositry, on my TV to make it safe i disable theOdroid C2 repositry.

I want to help you build the kernel with the driver.
              But in this month, i don't have time, because now is Ramadan ( fyi, i'am a muslims ).
              Android TV Box - Mini M8S (Amlogic S905) - Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Arm64 - 3.14.29 with VLC (X11 Accelerated XCB), Kodi Odrobian Fbdev 16.1 (VPU Accelerated), X.org 7.7 plus Mali Fbdev 20160315-r5p1

Comment

Guys, i need to use the wifi into managed mode (connect to my AP), is it working for you?
                Min wlan0 interface is into Master mode and when i try to switch to managed mode, i get this:
                root@odroid64:/# iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
                Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
                SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not permitted.

Comment

Working...
                X