Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I 'm familiar with linux and terminal I only use windows in virtual box, The size off the sd card is 16gb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefken3 View Post
      I 'm familiar with linux and terminal I only use windows in virtual box, The size off the sd card is 16gb.
      Write down the loader on the existing SD card. Team how to make it here. The file to write (u-boot.bin.sd.bin) of the second link. To begin, follow the first two teams. Try to run TV box card.
      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Thanks balbes150, I will try it later!

Comment

Ok thanks balbes150 for trying to help me, please wich firmware should I use? with or without the .zip file?
          Attached Files

Comment

For the first tests. On the SD card or what not to write (in the root of the FAT partition must not be any files). Record only the primary boot loader by the command "dd". Try to boot with this card. If You have erased only the primary boot loader, the system should boot normally from the internal memory (Android).

Comment

so only "sudo dd if = u-boot.bin.sd.bin of = / dev /dev/sdb conv = fsync bs = 1 count = 442, and nothing in the root, starting up with the toothpick for 10 s.?
              How long takes this process?
              Last edited by Jefken3; 07-04-2016, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefken3 View Post
                so only "sudo dd if = u-boot.bin.sd.bin of = / dev /dev/sdb conv = fsync bs = 1 count = 442, and nothing in the root, starting up with the toothpick for 10 s.?
                We need two teams. First start to try without buttons (no method of "floss"). When you killed the bootloader button is not working.

sudo dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdb conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

Comment

Nothing is happening
                  Attached Files

Comment

Add to SD card the files from the archive (unzip and copy the files themselves). From a file with this picture.

If there is no reaction to the attempt to boot from the SD card. So the boot loader in the eMMC is corrupted and does not boot from external media. Will have to connect UART and determine what happens at the start (the best option). Or close the contacts on the chip eMMC. Then whatever the state of the internal bootloader, you can either boot from SD card, or you can run the USB Burning Tool (it can connect).

One of the contacts for the circuit. But be careful, you need to look for the information about the contacts on Your chip.

Last edited by balbes150; 07-04-2016, 15:32. Reason: add info

Comment

UART, I don 't have, how about that shortcut, Is this done with or without power on?

Comment

Is this UART? http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/USB-To...a-fac9b60ba733

Comment

For recovery, a way to "contact closure", UART is not needed. Important to define exactly which contacts need to close to Your memory (must open the case and read the chip marking). On marking, you can search in the Internet, what contacts need to close. Closes when power is off. You have the USB cable for flashing ? If the cable is not, you need to insert the SD card with the loader. Close the contacts. Turn the power on. A few seconds to open contacts. If you do it right, will start the process of downloading from the card. If the internal memory has preserved the working firmware will start the download process from eMMC. If the firmware is damaged, you will need to use a special recovery image. On the photo the cable for UART. By the way, if You plan to try different firmware and different system from external media cable UART will be very useful. Something to observe the boot process.

Comment

Thanks balbes150 for Your patience, I have bought UART, USB M/M and some dupont cables in case I need them on Aliexpress, I' m in doubt now if I should wait for them or try the shortcut, mightbe I 'll try it later.

Comment

If you will find the contacts for the circuit. Can't wait for the arrival of the cable. To close the contacts and check the download from the SD card. Pay attention to rule out any issues with the firmware of the eMMC to check is to use a fully working system with SD card.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	UART.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	583332 Click image for larger version

Name:	chipamlogic905.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	583331

Those contacts are way to small, dont know if I 'm able to shortcut, I 'm scared to act!

Comment

Working...
                                X