Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can try but I don't think so...Lets know
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

That's disappointing. Maybe mibox build.prop will help Netflix. Is Android Tv Os confirm like mi box or stock android. Does Youtube do 4k. Mine arrives in two days

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Standard Mecool UI, and only tested 1080p YT so far,
        There advertising on all Websites I saw was a little over the Top about it capabilities, as far as 4k and Netflix.

But a start in the right Direction, with L1 If they have the desire to pursue becoming certified, time will tell I guess.

One day a Budget Box does it all (legit) but don't hold your breath waiting as yet.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The folks at LibreELEC have created a Netflix mod that runs in 720p with HD audio on my Amlogic S905 (Beelink MiniMX3). Made a short video clip of it, it will also play in 1080P, but the video is not very good, right now.

I ordered my Mecool from Geekbuying on July 2, and it still has not shipped, very unusual for Geekbuying. I also ordered the R-TV Box S10 on June 30, and it has not shipped either. Anyway, here is the video clip I made, showing my $40 box running LibreELEC playing Netflix in HD. I was excited to see Netflix in HD running on these boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kiqQnY2e_c
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yes it would be Good to see them do it...
            Had me very interested as others...One Day
            Will Play 720 x 480, 1750 (same as Most)
            Audio side not sure what the deal is yet.
            Last edited by trebor; 07-11-2017, 02:37. Reason: Update
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
              Standard Mecool UI, and only tested 1080p YT so far,
              There advertising on all Websites I saw was a little over the Top about it capabilities, as far as 4k and Netflix.

But a start in the right Direction, with L1 If they have the desire to pursue becoming certified, time will tell I guess.

One day a Budget Box does it all (legit) but don't hold your breath waiting as yet.
              Thanks but they conned me. I received email for this box stating it is cheaper competition for mi box. 4k youtube and Netflix. Android Tv Os. All this is fake... Lol

Comment

Yep some in sales are just in sales have Zero tech or care a sale is sale,
                The written word to them is True unless told otherwise told by a higher authority.

Pity it happens, and disappointing, was a long shot. just way longer than the usual.

So these great following deal may help you.

This http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...rove-hdmi-flow

or this http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...must-have-item

For those interested only available April 1

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The joke is this email come from Geekbuying not small unknown company. Answer is no.. This box is not competition for Mi Box. Unless someone port firmware of Mi Box or Razer Forge Tv to this Mecool. Glad I only pay 31 dollars with discount code

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                    The joke is this email come from Geekbuying not small unknown company. Answer is no.. This box is not competition for Mi Box. Unless someone port firmware of Mi Box or Razer Forge Tv to this Mecool. Glad I only pay 31 dollars with discount code

That box will make a great LibreELEC media player. Someone on the LibreELEC forum, has already ported the Netflix HD to this SoC. It plays Netflix at 720P and with DD+ (Dolby Digital). So, the future for these inexpensive Amlogic boxes looks bright.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

That box will make a great LibreELEC media player. Someone on the LibreELEC forum, has already ported the Netflix HD to this SoC. It plays Netflix at 720P and with DD+ (Dolby Digital). So, the future for these inexpensive Amlogic boxes looks bright.
                      Yes i have a Beelink Mini Mxiii and Mi Box. Just laughing about false advertising. This box cannot even do 4K youtube. I don't need Netflix hd as a i dont subscribe. Resellers please dont talk about Mibox killer blah blah when this is just another cheap s905x box.. mine arrives tomorrow so I will play. Also hate mecool ugly launcher. Thought this was running on Android Tv Os

Comment

It's a con alright, and so far there's not much to distinguish this box from the crowd. Mediocre wifi (only 2.4ghz) isn't exactly state-of-the-art, and the MeCool interface is a bit clunky. Bootloader may be locked and the firmware doesn't come rooted, so tinkering will require some tools. On the other hand, the other components, including emmc, seem to be rather good, the case is well-ventilated and not unattractive..the remote is almost the same as that on the Zidoo boxes, and isn't bad either...Hmm.. a prize for the first one to root this thing and port Nougat either from the MiBox beta or the Vim?

Comment

Zahir agree , and they have stated (Videostrong) and Quote

(Well, it 's a pity that the promoting Ads (posters) were not double confirmed by our team before releasing and it made such a big damage.
                          But it is true that we didn't intend to cheat any customer)

I also was on there tail about this to get an answer, was too late, if you got the box at the right price closer to 30$ with coupon not too bad for a 2/16.
                          as mentioned not to bad hardware wise.

Hope this will open their eyes to see what the users want and they can do something about it.

I recall paying $180.00 long time ago for one with promises of great things...as many did

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

No worries here, Trebor, with DHL this ran me $40 - a third of what I paid for the infamous Draco when you and I were boys...Remember that monstrosity? We may never see Neflix Full HD on this thing, but as others have suggested, it might make a decent Librelec box or take off with some good custom firmware. Superceleron, I'm looking at you, dear genius...

Comment

O/T
                              Funny you mention the draco just posted today..
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...o-new-firmware
                              if you still have it ( i do)
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks, but my Draco went back to Mom and Pop GeekBuying after its power system broke down. They kindly exchanged it for a JXD 7800b, which i still going strong in my nephew's sweaty mitts..

Comment

Working...
                                X