Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to point out that the Android TV 7.1 custom ROM for this device's older brother, the M8S Pro (Amlogic q20x reference board with S912 SoC), is now available. As soon as I have development hardware (which I've been assured is on its way), I should have one for the M8S Pro+ (Amlogic p21x reference board with S905X SoC) as well.

So, if you want the pure Android TV user experience on a box you can root, these are currently the two best models to purchase. (And GeekBuying currently has the 2G/16G SKU available for $34.99 USD with coupon code M8SPPS.)

Comment

Excellent news. I'm currently enjoying your Beelink rom on the Mecool, with adaptations noted in this thread. It actually runs very well, but I look forward to a custom firmware specifically for this box.

Comment

Can someone test this version of Netflix and see if it plays in HD with this box? My box still shows shipped, dated July 12, don't know when I will receive it.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I finally got my box I installed my favorite applications but some IPTV applications with the internal video player quality is really not good with a full picture of small tile but when I have the possibility of changed the player by MXplayer quality get back to normal, but unfortunately I can not edit it anywhere.
          If anyone knew the solution or managed to find it, I do not know a good graphics driver, I am interested in the debugging solution.
          thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            Can someone test this version of Netflix and see if it plays in HD with this box? My box still shows shipped, dated July 12, don't know when I will receive it.

How do I prove it?

Comment

Please if someone can explain step by step how to update via the Sd card, with the new version of Gearbest.

Comment

I did few posts back lol
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGato View Post

How do I prove it?
                  Do you have an avr? It will show DD+, if HD. Also, Netflix has test videos that will show resolution. I am using my phone, so I don't have the name of the test videos. Google it.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

OK, installed modified Netflix and run test from link, https://www.netflix.com/title/70136810 and it shows;

BITRATE: 3000kbps
                    RES: 1280x720
                    PAR: 1:1

Haven't got it hooked up to my sound system so couldn't tell you if it's DD or not.

Comment

Now thata halarious 32 dollar device that does net hd and ytube hd nice
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGato View Post
                        OK, installed modified Netflix and run test from link, https://www.netflix.com/title/70136810 and it shows;

BITRATE: 3000kbps
                        RES: 1280x720
                        PAR: 1:1

Haven't got it hooked up to my sound system so couldn't tell you if it's DD or not.
                        Awesome!! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Now thata halarious 32 dollar device that does net hd and ytube hd nice
                          That device cost me $35, and it still hasn't shipped! They have already made thousands of dollars interest off my $35, they have had my money so long.

Comment

Mine was ordered on 30th June and delivered 20th July.

Comment

I try to install the binary supersu after doing the update to the new Gearbest version but after the restart of the box the image remains frozen just after the passage of the video animation.
                              I managed to make a backup through the reset button well hidden, I had to look at the box to reach it. The box is reset to zero.
                              If someone managed to install binary supersu, please keep us up to date.
                              good night, friends

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That device cost me $35, and it still hasn't shipped! They have already made thousands of dollars interest off my $35, they have had my money so long.
                                Hello,

if you have made the order in Geekbuying, you can tell us your order number.
                                we will help you process the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X