Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi's MiBox has a dedicated Netflix ESN - a unique numeric identifier that tells Netflix the box is "certified". This ESN - and not Marshmallow vs Nougat - allows the box to do 4k. I'm running two Miboxes - one Nougat beta, the other MM - and they both do 4K in Netflix, as tested with a friend's account (My own plan is HD only, or I'd test the Mecool right now).

I imagine Xiaomi paid for that privilege.

Comment

Hi Zahir, thank you for the reply.

How do you know about the ESN? Where can you check?
      I have wetek play 2, and it plays up to 4k, and 5.1 with ATV rom.
      I have not seen any mention of ESN when looking through settings? Where is it? If it doesn't have one, then that would suggest lack of ESN is not the reason for no 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
        On wetek website for the play 2, it does not say it is certified or approved by netflix. It says widevine level 1, hdcp 2.2 and playready. And android TV ROM makes netflix work better on the wetek play 2.

Surely if they could say certified by netflix, it would be plastered all over their website?

Instead they say widevine level one, and have been tweaking their ROM until it gave 4k on marshmallow.

Now, I wonder, if you could keep widevine level 1, and had a marshmallow ROM, instead of nougat, on this box, would you get 4k? I believe the mm amlogic SDK is more stable or maybe has something that ticks a box that amlogic nougat does not?

​​​​​​
        Xaiomi mi box is the same, does not say certified, and have stuck with mm.
        M8 check in settings/about you will see the Netflix ESN: (and a big number) only certified roms/boxes have that!

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
        Xiaomi's MiBox has a dedicated Netflix ESN - a unique numeric identifier that tells Netflix the box is "certified". This ESN - and not Marshmallow vs Nougat - allows the box to do 4k. I'm running two Miboxes - one Nougat beta, the other MM - and they both do 4K in Netflix, as tested with a friend's account (My own plan is HD only, or I'd test the Mecool right now).

I imagine Xiaomi paid for that privilege.
        Yes same as wetek... it have dedicated Netflix ESN.

Comment

Yep, under Settings/About..

Comment

Nope, just checked again, no ESN on wetek play 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
              Nope, just checked again, no ESN on wetek play 2.
              Well i dont have mine here now at hand since im not using it, is also a play 2!
              Tomorrow i will go to the storage and get it!
              PS: Is in the dark settings and not the white one!

Comment

There is no ESN in settings, I have checked. I bought a temp code for a couple of pounds to test.

I can find out the ESN by going in the netflix app and selecting about.

The wetek has an ESN, as does my oneplus three.

My oneplus three has an ESN starting with NFANDROID1-PRV-P-L3-ONEPLONEPLONE=A3003-...numbers..

It does not play full hd netflix. It has widevine level 3.

The wetek play 2 has an ESN starting with NFANDROID1-PRV- .... Numbers...

It plays full hd netflix (I don't have 4k TV here to check, and I don't like weos 3)

So, in the app, what does it say the ESN is for this box?

Update: so I checked with example short, the app was not hitting 1080p (5800kbps). So I installed modded netflix TV app and got 1080p. But the ESN is now changed.

NFANDROID1-PRV-0-WETEKPLAY=2-...numbers...

I used this apk on wetek: https://mega.nz/#!YpBH3bZI!Pkx8NbCx_...ctOtYfMqwVjSkg
                Last edited by Dandroid534; 07-29-2017, 12:31.

Comment

I seem to have apps that have issues with android 7. Would an android 6 rom be possible on this device?

Comment

Would this rom work on this device? I'm not worried about wifi...?

Comment

Originally posted by j5b View Post
                      http://mediaboxent.com/firmware-km8-...rshmallow-6-0/

Would this rom work on this device? I'm not worried about wifi...?
                      sorry, it can't support and it will be installed with Android 7.1.1. by the way, could you please tell us what apps can't be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                        Click image for larger version Name:	tsCKoKF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	659353
                        How do you get stream info?

Netflicks select test and it runs gives this info
                        Last edited by scooter2014; 08-03-2017, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by looun View Post

How do you get stream info?
                          There are some test videos out there that provide this information when played. Can't recall at the moment but Google should find them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilysgeek View Post

sorry, it can't support and it will be installed with Android 7.1.1. by the way, could you please tell us what apps can't be used?
                            Been using with new firmware. Having task bar would be nice for screen shots ect. I tested google play not any apk I find that wont install so dont know what user says. Warning the U2 firmware will soft brick. We need a full .img Firmware to reflash device not a zip update. Can you speak with manufacture re same?

Best Regards
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              On non-ATV configs, you can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar. (You might need to toggle it back and forth for it to show.) Also, the PrtScn key from the keyboard still works nicely for screenshots, even if the nav bar is hidden.

Originally posted by Lilysgeek View Post

It's an app not from the play store. It works fine but I have to load it up twice before it loads properly. Not an issue with android 7, it's an issue with the app as does the same with all devices on android 7 but works fine on android 6. I could wait for the developer to release an update but don't know how long that could be. A quick fix would be an android 6 ROM if this was possible but probably not. Was just asking if it could be as bought a couple of these boxes for use in my home.

Comment

Most of these 7 devices have lots of bugs they get sorted in time. Or Freaktabs Awsome devs fix alot too lol... Takes a bit.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X