Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Okay, I made some changes, moving the kernel modules to /lib/modules and adding some missing keylayout files. Can you give it another try? (Same link.)
    I will test it tomorrow.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Mecool m8s pro + big heatsink ???

Comment

Thanks guys just ordered mine

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
          No WiFi/BT due to no Linux WiFi drivers available for LibreELEC.
          I have Bluetooth working in LibreELEC just by plugging in a common dirt cheap v4.0 CSR (Cambridge) BT USB dongle.

Comment

Okay, I made some changes, moving the kernel modules to /lib/modules and adding some missing keylayout files. Can you give it another try? (Same link.)
            I just tested it, and same thing, Bluetooth turns on, but button still shows grey.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Okay, it looks like we're going to have to wait until I get my USB Bluetooth dongles before I can get that working. I think we're close, but it will take some iteration with hardware. If you're ordering ones for yourself, I recommend ones marked with CSR 4.0, which are dirt cheap and use the CSR8510 chipset from Qualcomm. That's what I'll be using.

Comment

Will you be creating an ATV version of this?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I'll be releasing updates later today based on the new 20170815.182813.V0321 OEM ROM, but the Bluetooth dongles probably won't be working yet. I'll need hardware to troubleshoot why it's not getting enabled.

Excellent. Just happy to test, figure the more the merrier.

Comment

Hi,

I initially looked at the date I got the M8SPro+ and graphed that data.

Chart 1

So, now I have gone back over my connection speed data and found that the Z28 seems to have caused an issue with my BB supply and a drop in supplied speed.
                  This is poor but not as bad as the complete destruction of the ADSL service when the M8SPro+ is connected.

When I connect it the server in the supply telephone exchange seems to be affected as it crashes the supply and seems to take about 5 minutes to restore service (if the Mecool is not connected any more).

Before Z28 = 5.0 Mbps
                  Z28 = 4.3
                  M8SPro+ = 3.5

Chart 2
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't have ADSL
                    Have you tested with a good power supply.

Wrapping the 5v lead thru a ferrite core may also help.

You could test with good high powered Battery pack 5volts, bit of a much around

Some (a lot) of these these powers packs can generate JUNK and at a guess only sending it down the line.
                    or a Bad power Board if plugs packs are plug into a strip..

Hi,

I'm new to this world of android box's.
                  I want to have my box on dual boot ( librelec + android tv )
                  Can you help me to choose the rom for android tv?
                  For librelec when i put the recovery.img ( download from " Libreelec 7.0 for S905/X " here in the forum) on a sd card and boot the box, it freezes on the Mecool logo....
                  Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by luckyzor View Post
                    Hi,

I'm new to this world of android box's.
                    I want to have my box on dual boot ( librelec + android tv )
                    Can you help me to choose the rom for android tv?
                    For librelec when i put the recovery.img ( download from " Libreelec 7.0 for S905/X " here in the forum) on a sd card and boot the box, it freezes on the Mecool logo....
                    Can anyone help me?

Thanks
                    Ask Wrxtasy on the Kodi forum, he will advise you on how to dual boot into LibreELEC.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                      Ask Wrxtasy on the Kodi forum, he will advise you on how to dual boot into LibreELEC.
                      Best microSDHC cards for LibreELEC Kodi = Samsung EVO(+), Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1

Follow LibreELEC install to a SD card - instructions from:
                      https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...905x/?pageNo=1

After flashing LibreELEC image, copy both dtb.img and remote.conf files to SD card:

Insert SD card, Hold in Reset button as show in this Post while you power up the MECOOL, wait till LibreELEC Logo appears and release button.
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...688#post660688

In Kodi's power menu select "Reboot from Internal" to reboot to Android.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

Best microSDHC cards for LibreELEC Kodi = Samsung EVO(+), Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1

Follow LibreELEC install to a SD card - instructions from:
                        https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...905x/?pageNo=1

After flashing LibreELEC image, copy both dtb.img and remote.conf files to SD card:

Insert SD card, Hold in Reset button as show in this Post while you power up the MECOOL, wait till LibreELEC Logo appears and release button.
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...688#post660688

In Kodi's power menu select "Reboot from Internal" to reboot to Android.

And for the android tv rom?
                        Im having problems in stock rom, can't play 1080p files on plex app. On kodi, after 10 min of a movie the box freez.
                        Don't know what to do :/

edit:
                        LibreElec works great i need now how to install Android TV rom and which rom.
                        Thanks wrxtasy
                        Last edited by luckyzor; 08-29-2017, 19:32.

Comment

And for the android tv rom?
                          Im having problems in stock rom, can't play 1080p files on plex app. On kodi, after 10 min of a movie the box freez.
                          Don't know what to do :/

edit:
                          Thanks wrxtasy

Comment

Thanks wrxtasy
                            Even easier.
                            Download OTA UPDATE.zip and save to USB Stick, do not Unzip:

Use Android - Update App, tick "data wipe" checkbox and then do a Local Update using the OTA UPDATE.zip from the USB Stick.

Comment

Working...
                            X